Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X.

Discus and support Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One of the things I loved about my Xbox oneX was that it was my media console for everything. I know they did away with the TV guide, but the USB tv... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JorgeKn3, Mar 22, 2022.

1. JorgeKn3
    JorgeKn3 Guest

One of the things I loved about my Xbox oneX was that it was my media console for everything. I know they did away with the TV guide, but the USB tv tuner still worked and the dvr also. Why would it be ao difficult to keep the support for the usb tv tuner. I could care less if I do not have a channel guide. I just want my local channels. I just got the series X and I am royally pissed that they completly took away the support for the usb tv tuner. Thinking of returning the console.

:)

JorgeKn3, Mar 22, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

The feature has been completely discontinued.

Your TV has a tuner in it you can transfer the antenna connection to to receive your local stations
  3. Brenton Venables Win User

One Guide - Freeview Sydney Australia - No info available

I really think they (Microsoft) are dropping that OTA TV Guide (Option) due to the fact that the Xbox Series X has no HDMI In. So There will be no OTA TV option so they are phasing us out. Very disappointing!!
    I use the dvb-t usb tuner. Why would that be unsupported on series x?
  4. Segomo Win User

We've lost your TV lineup Issue

Yeah I got the same message to try another TV, When I turned on the Xbox this morning I got the splash screen to set up my TV to watch tv which was strange!!!! How can it be the TV when everything else works on the TV and I have the Antenna
    coax connected to my TV and watching OTA. It's on Microsoft's end!! I bet they are not supporting OTA through the Xbox anymore due to the Series X is not going to have HDMI in and no OTA support. Probably just weening us off of watching TV through our Xbox
    which I am more than disappointed with!!!
    I really hope they don't discontinue OTA tuner support on the Series X. I plan on getting one to replace my Xbox One X. I can see not supporting HDMI input devices but the Series X will still have USB ports, so no reason to not support the OTA tuner (other
    than it's not a money maker). The primary function of my Xbox One S's are TV tuners with some streaming apps and gaming sprinkled in here and there so I would hate to lose that functionality.
  5. RottenBoogers Win User

Xbox Digital TV Tuner on Series X

Then that's false advertisement on Microsofts behalf since they have over and over again repeated that any accessory, except for the Kinect from the Xbox One will be forwards compatible with the Series X and S. There was no mentioning that the digital TV
    tuner is not going to supported.

This is definitely a downgrade not an upgrade. Don't see any reason why Xbox can't make a simple TV app since the Xbox TV tuner is hardware based.

Since the above statement from Microsoft is not reflecting the truth, is there any list of supported xbox one accessories?
  6. JayAers Win User

TV Tuner not recognised on Xbox One X

Hi,

I already follow this Guide to set up the Digital TV Tuner but when i'm on step "Set up your USB TV tuner", my tuner isn't recognized by the Xbox One X and tell me to plug it.
Thema:

1. Come on Microsoft, keep the USB tv tuner support on the Series X. - Similar Threads - Microsoft keep USB

2. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  3. Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up: Why don't Microsoft answer the phone or keep hanging up 8f537fc1-738c-4354-b32c-dc809e86171c
  4. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  5. My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge)

in XBoX on Windows
    My tabs keep sleeping on Xbox one x (Microsoft edge): My tabs keep sleeping and it is so annoying, i already tried to go into the settings but I can't fix it! 48cc26f7-217b-4687-9a21-350b16f9c910
  6. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  7. microsoft store is the most broken thing made by microsoft, so i keep getting this popup if...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft store is the most broken thing made by microsoft, so i keep getting this popup if...: [img] what the hell does this mean e6f48f0f-a30a-4524-9ddf-c1270c96bbe3
  8. Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load: I click on Mahjong and it loads and offers me the opening page, I click on a game of Mahjong, it doesn't matter which one. The game starts to load and before it has done so an advertisement...
  9. How to keep Microsoft account secured?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to keep Microsoft account secured?: Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account....
  10. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...