Comcast: Xbox One S Begins Lagging After First Game

Discus and support Comcast: Xbox One S Begins Lagging After First Game in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast (ISPs): Xbox One S Begins Lagging After First Game Got a Xbox One S on black Friday, and after each first multiplayer game I begin to lag... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Alex Burt, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Alex Burt
    Alex Burt Guest

Comcast (ISPs): Xbox One S Begins Lagging After First Game
    Got a Xbox One S on black Friday, and after each first multiplayer game I begin to lag usually around the 20 minute mark.

I have roughly:

60 down

11 up

0% packet loss

60 ms latency

100% signal strength

Instead of port forwarding I just added my consoles IP to my routers DMZ. Ive tried alternate ports through Xbox, the one beginning with 533 works the best for me. I've also tried different DNS settings like auto vs 1st 8.8.8.8 2nd 8.8.4.4. and 1st 8.8.8.8
    2nd 8.8.8.8. recently chatted with a Microsoft rep and they recommended that I clear my local saved games but that did nothing either. Some people say that changing your console to energy-saving mode worked for them but that didn't work for me. CRAZY thing
    is that my original Xbox One worked flawlessly in the same spot on Wifi, yet another rep had the audacity to tell me that I should use a wired connection. This really inst making sense, I've been on Xbox for roughly 10 years and I've been getting more into
    PC gaming, I guess this could be the final nail in the coffin.

:)

Alex Burt, Dec 7, 2017
  2. SiA360
    SiA360 Guest
    Several consoles through the same router

I have done this with two Xbox 360's and a laptop all connected to the same router. I had no issues with lag or anything. I have one of the fastest comcast speeds though, so maybe that is why.

SiA360, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Quitting a game ?

I did in the beginning because of lag. Then one day I decided to stick it out and ever since those laggy games wear off after the first 2 or 3 minutes like clockwork. It seems this game can take a little while to get settled when you get into those kinds
    of matches.

AlmasRetroChild, Dec 7, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: