Comcast: *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games

Discus and support Comcast: *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast (ISPs): *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games Mine ended getting sent in for repairs. Will report back when I get it back.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by sayyers, Oct 2, 2018.

1. sayyers
    sayyers Guest

Comcast (ISPs): *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games
    Mine ended getting sent in for repairs. Will report back when I get it back.

:)

sayyers, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why does my Xbox one s keep disconnecting from the internet and other devices don't?

Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Why does my Xbox one s keep disconnecting from the internet and other devices don't?
    I'd really like some help please. My Xbox one s keeps disconnecting from the internet which is extremely annoying in online games. All other devices work perfectly on our wifi, so it can't be that. Help me please!

SkillsOnToast02, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Masta Dragon
    Masta Dragon Guest
    Connection issues with Xbox 360/Xbox Live and Xfinity/Comcast. Tried all suggestions on the Xbox Live Port configuration page and have ALL ports forwarded/open. I have a hardline Ethernet cable connected to my system now and am still getting dropped.

I'm having the same exact problem as you guys. I cleared my cache and redownloaded my profile, but I'm still getting randomly disconnected from Xbox Live when I join an online game.

I also have Xfinity/Comcast. And all the ports are open on my router. If I watch Netflix, I never get disconnect from XBL. But when I join an online game, I eventually get disconnected from XBL. Pretty frustrating.

Masta Dragon, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Comcast: *HELP* Xbox One S Disconnecting From All Online Games

Hi sayyers,

Have you tried to change the dns settings to primary 84.200.69.80 and secundary to 84.200.70.40 and if tyat not helps please try another wifi connection or contact custumor support

ForzaDrift Girl, Oct 2, 2018
  5. RobPerry1
    RobPerry1 Guest
    Not sure if you resolved this issue. I just came across it as well and seemed to fix it.

Very simple for me.

When you "restart" your xbox make sure you actually hit "restart" and not just turn it off and on.

Xbox Button

Setting on the right

Bottom selection should be "restart Console" - this restart gave it a fresh reboot cycle.

RobPerry1, Oct 3, 2018
  6. Hey there, sayyers!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of modem and/or router are you using?

This issue could be stemming from an network problem with that.

I would try to see if you have the same problem when connected to another network.

If you do, it's basically a clear indicator that something is up with how your console is connecting to the internet.

If you don't, and you have tried all that troubleshooting that you outlined already, then the only thing I can suggest is trying the reset to factory defaults that removes everything or getting your console for a hardware problem with connectivity.

If you do want to go ahead with a repair, you can create one by going to our site at

Device Support

Let us know how this information helped out with the issue.

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Oct 3, 2018
  7. I didnt see how you were connecting but have you tried a wired connection? That would rule out a weak wireless signal.

coco meat train, Oct 3, 2018
  8. sayyers
    sayyers Guest

Thanks Esteban! Thanks for all the replies!

I called my ISP today - they didn’t help (suprise).

I did do a full hardware reset last night, and still having same issue.

The confusing part about the connectivity for me is that my Xbox has no issues downloading a 50GB game at 150mb/s... so I feel like the connection is OK?

I don’t know enough about P2P connections and how that hosting works.

I will try a hardwired connection and see if this helps rule out some issues..

sayyers, Oct 3, 2018
  9. fastmode
    fastmode Guest
    Wondering if you figured this out. I am having the same problem going back to last Friday.

Xbox One X fine for a year, downloads stuff, plays local games it seems, but almost anything online goes to hell. I played Halo 5 online last night and it worked. But Destiny 2, Fortnite, Forza Horizon 4 all crash and/or don't connect. Spent an hour online
    with xbox support guy and it didn't help.

Have tried restarts, hard restarts, factory resets, resetting Airport, remapping ports, etc. etc. and I am at the end of my rope.

fastmode, Oct 4, 2018
  10. Mr Zakerson
    Mr Zakerson Guest
    I have been having the same problem, mine seems to be stemming from the country I live in. Everything else but xbox works perfectly with no drop, or at least no noticeable drop, in the line until I play a game online. I've done all the support suggestions,
    but still the same. I just have to wait for server maintenance I guess.

Mr Zakerson, Oct 6, 2018
  11. fastmode
    fastmode Guest
    Mine ended getting sent in for repairs. Will report back when I get it back.

fastmode, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: