Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough

Discus and support Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? 45ae2486-103d-49fd-a4c8-089e0ccf5608 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by banderson1962, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

:)

banderson1962, Feb 14, 2015
  2. Need help setting up Xfinity X1 box with Xbox one

Same problem here. I have picture, guide works fine. Won't change channels.

I can even bring up the Comcast guide using the Comcast remote, but will not change the channel.

OneWhoKnocks206, Feb 14, 2015
  3. Lallymonster
    Lallymonster Guest
    Some channels (HD) not showing up in guide

I'm a comcast subscriber. All of my SD channels show up in the Xbox Guide, however, about 1/3 of the HD channels do not. In order to watch said channels, I can use the Comcast remote and manually change to channel, but if I try to using the guide, some channels
    simply don't show up.

For instance: Comedy Central. Comedy Central in SD shows up in the XBO guide just fine. The Comedy Central HD channel, however, does NOT show up in the XBO guide.

So in order to watch Comedy Central in HD, I have to use the Comcast remote and change to it. It just doesn't show up in the XBO guide at al.

Lallymonster, Feb 14, 2015
  4. OneWhoKnocks206 Win User

Need help setting up Xfinity X1 box with Xbox one

Same problem here. I have picture, guide works fine. Won't change channels.

I can even bring up the Comcast guide using the Comcast remote, but will not change the channel.
  5. Max Thinkies Win User

Disconnecting from Xbox Live ONLY while streaming Apps. Netflix, Hulu Plus, ESPN, ect.

The other option I see in the firewall settings is called "VPN" which has "IPSec Passthrough" enabled, "PPTP Passthrough" enabled, and "L2TP Passthrough" enabled as well, I haven't seen any option to disable the firewall yet. If anything, it'll be nice if
    I could get a link of where that option would be located so I could go ahead and guide myself with it.
  6. Doomofman Win User

What Feature Are You Looking Forward To Using First?

Nope, have only said it'll be US only at launch, but I hope that only refers to the tv guide and I can still watch my tv through the hdmi passthrough on day one
  7. Z1PN VW Win User

Oneguide in Canada?

You can use the Cable Co's guide since the xbox will display exactly what the cable box is sending. The Xbox does have to be on in order to see the TV since it cannot passthrough the video while it is off.
  8. Georges C. Win User

No audio through headset when connected to monitor

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brooklyn680, try to check your audio settings, they have to be configured to send the sound to the TV, in your case the monitor and its controls.

"To access Audio Passthrough, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile and System > Settings > General > Volume and Audio Output > Additional Options > Allow Passthrough."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

When in General Volume Audio & Output, try setting Speaker Audio to Uncompressed Stereo, and Headset Audio to Windows Sonic.
Thema:

Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough

1. Comcast guide no longer in widescreen when using passthrough - Similar Threads - Comcast guide longer

2. Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping: Xbox S, keeps dropping connection to comcast gateway ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f6879ce-7753-43ad-8dca-6e5988eae9c9
  3. Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping

in XBoX on Windows
    Just got a comcast gateway and the hard wire keep dropping: Xbox S, keeps dropping connection to comcast gateway 3f6879ce-7753-43ad-8dca-6e5988eae9c9
  4. Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering an old Live account with a fake Comcast email: So back around in like 2008ish I created an Xbox Live account with a fake comcast email (just changed an already exiating email by one letter). One day I was trying to sign in when a message...
  5. xbox s latency vs comcast speed test latency

in XboX Insiders
    xbox s latency vs comcast speed test latency: So for the past month or so Ive been having alot of internet issues. So I have internet speeds of 800-1000 mbps download 13-20 upload 17 ms latency on my speed test for Comcast. Now when I test on...
  6. Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won’t connect to Comcast Router?: My Xbox Series X refuses to connect to my Comcast Router. Anyone else having this issue? My Xbox One X worked fine. d8afe856-1c76-4f1f-a30a-f9ee0d016075
  7. How do I get rid of Comcast email login problems?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How do I get rid of Comcast email login problems?: I am a professional techie and want to communicate with my clients with an email service. Hence, I have selected Comcast email service for my clear and effective communication. Comcast email...
  8. Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: cant toggle out of live tv: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): cant toggle out of live tv Hey there KarmicNickle150, Sorry to hear you are running into this problem, have you tried using the controller with the USB cable to...
  9. Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity: Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be!: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes): Turn off xbox watch tv- how hard can this be! Hey UtileApollo2175, did you manage to sort this issue ? Thank you for reaching out...
  10. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM: Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router....