Comcast: Download speed for my Xbox One S is dramatically lower than my roommate's Xbox One X ...

Discus and support Comcast: Download speed for my Xbox One S is dramatically lower than my roommate's Xbox One X ... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Comcast (ISPs): Download speed for my Xbox One S is dramatically lower than my roommate's Xbox One X and he's farther from the router. Try a different... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Japooti, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Japooti
    Japooti Guest

Comcast: Download speed for my Xbox One S is dramatically lower than my roommate's Xbox One X ...

Comcast (ISPs): Download speed for my Xbox One S is dramatically lower than my roommate's Xbox One X and he's farther from the router.
    Try a different router I changed mine to a very good ome and my speeds are awesome now...

:)

Japooti, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Slow Download Speed on Xbox One X

Recently upgraded from a classic Xbox One to an Xbox One X and been loving it so far.

Only issue with it is that for some reason the download speed on the Xbox One X is less than a quarter (3-8mb/s) of the download speed that my classic Xbox One (35-45mb/s) is able to do.

I've tried rebooting the console, resetting the console, changing ethernet cable, switching to WiFi and nothings helped at all so far.

Appreciate any help on this.

A Dismal Jester, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Internet is not fast on my XBOX One X

I have an XBOX One X and very fast internet from Comcast (150Mbs+), but when I test my connection speed on the console its usually closer to 60Mbs or when I am downloading full games or updates or whatever the speed is up and down from extremely slow to
    extremely fast. I thought maybe i could change that in my router settings but I had no luck there. Is there a way to speed up the console or prioritize where the console is focusing its speed?

Captain Muphy, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Comcast: Download speed for my Xbox One S is dramatically lower than my roommate's Xbox One X ...

All I do know is that the One X is more powerful then the One S.

StolenStream31, Nov 25, 2018
  5. Hey Japooti,

Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest
    creating a static IP for
    both consoles. Once you do that it should work fine.
    You can also
    port forward as
    well if you want a better connection.

• A
      network port lets your Xbox One console communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox One consoles over the Internet.
    • To
      let your Xbox One console
      communicate with Xbox Live, you might have to open or forward ports, which means you'll be making a configuration change to your firewall or
      network hardware, such as a router.

I
    hope this helps. Let us know.

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 26, 2018
  6. Try a different router I changed mine to a very good ome and my speeds are awesome now...

HyperVenom523, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: