Combine two accounts' tenure

Discus and support Combine two accounts' tenure in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I started using Xbox Live when it first started back in November 2002. But I had the unfortunate need to change my gamertag before changing your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by datoneperson, Jan 17, 2016.

1. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest

Hi, I started using Xbox Live when it first started back in November 2002. But I had the unfortunate need to change my gamertag before changing your gamertag was an option, so I created a different account. And I didn't know that there were going to be tenure
    awards
    https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/268484136946253825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Can two account tenure's be combined? Can you "hard" delete my old account and change the created date on my current account? I know its possible, its just is it worth it for one or two people in the world.

:)

datoneperson, Jan 17, 2016
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Combine two accounts' Tenure?

Hi, happy birthday but I'm afraid it's not good news on the gift. It's not possible to merge two accounts into one in any way shape or form sorry.

EggsBoxJuan, Jan 17, 2016
  3. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    Combine two accounts' Tenure?

Its technically possible, but probably difficult. I have the same problem. Can you make this a feature similar to change gamertag and charge a fee?

datoneperson, Jan 17, 2016
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

I'm afraid there is no way to merge accounts or any parts of it, the same for changing the account creation date.

Also be aware that the tweet you linked to was from 2012.

5. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    Doesn't matter when the tweet was. Its the fact that it exists at all.

And there is no doubt that this is possible. Any programmer could write the queries.

It comes down to if its worth it for Microsoft to allow it.

datoneperson, Jan 18, 2016
  6. Sure, programmer could do it as it's technically possible, but Microsoft doesn't do this as combining anything from one account to another doesn't happen. Each account belongs to those that have access to the security information and there's no real definite
    way to prove who the account belongs to. Plus, this simply wouldn't be fair to allow someone who created a new account to get the benefits of someone who legitimately has been on the same account the whole time. I personally would let this idea go and if you're
    not convinced, ring Xbox customer support and they'll maybe explain it better than I can.

FatherOfAtticus, Jan 20, 2016
  7. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    I've been to customer support multiple times. They've forwarded me to the forums.

There is definitely a way to prove what account belongs to who. There are credit card transactions that can be validated and etc. Couldn't one argue that it isn't fair this whole situation has happened in the first place? If I hadn't described myself well
    enough, I've been on the same account the whole time. I started one account, then stopped that account and started a new account.

And to be specific, there wouldn't need to be any combining. You just update a date in the record to keep and hard delete the other account.

datoneperson, Jan 20, 2016
  8. Combine two accounts' tenure

Regardless of being able to prove that the account in question is yours, Microsoft does not combine accounts at all. I'm not sure why you were sent to the forums, phone support should have told you this. I'm sorry that you've taken the time out for this.

HyruleBalverine, Jan 20, 2016
  9. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    Like I said, theres no combining accounts. I'm sorry for Microsoft that they aren't able to help one of their longest running Live subscribers.

Can't I sign a contract somewhere and I can run the queries myself?

datoneperson, Jan 21, 2016
  10. I would honestly walk away at this point, you're just going to upset yourself further when you keep getting pushed that it can't and WON'T be done. Nobody asked you to walk away from your account, and start with a new one. The terms states you are completely
    responsible for your own account.

FatherOfAtticus, Jan 21, 2016
  11. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    I am being responsible for my account. That's what I'm doing.

There are so many ways for it to be done. Obviously not here.

12. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    I am being responsible for my own account. That's what I'm doing.

There are so many ways for it to be done. Obviously not here.

13. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest

I am being responsible for my own account. That's what I'm doing.

There are so many ways for it to be done. Obviously a little difficult here.

14. Two account's tenure won't ever be combined. It's not something they do for people, and would ultimately be unfair for a LOT of people who have potentially been in the same boat as you. There's not a particular section to go for this, as this scenario is
    never handled. I wish I had better news for you.

FatherOfAtticus, Jan 21, 2016
  15. datoneperson
    datoneperson Guest
    Definitely would be fair to all the people to whom this has happened to.

Thema:

1. Combine two accounts' tenure - Similar Threads - Combine accounts' tenure

2. How can I combine 2 accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I combine 2 accounts: I have 1 account that my dad created for me when I was 11 so I could use the xbox and it has his email on it. I have another account that is this account with my email on it. I would normally just...
  3. I really want to combine two accounts but I can’t

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to combine two accounts but I can’t: I want to combine my accounts for Minecraft because I used an old email and I couldn’t access online so I made a new email and now half my worlds are tied to one account and the other half is tied...
  4. Is it possible to combine the power of two systems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to combine the power of two systems?: I currently have an Xbox Series S, and I have been having trouble with the amount of space available for saving games. I was looking at the prices of some of the external SSDs that would allow you...
  5. How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...: So I got this new laptop and set it up. Part of the setup told me I could get 3 months free of gamepass ultimate, so I was like sweet. I thought it was having me login into my existing...
  6. Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address?: Hi All, Looking for ideas or suggestions on (combining, merging, or reassigning,) my original Xbox profile from an old Microsoft account/email address to my new Microsoft account/email address. I...
  7. Combining accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combining accounts: I discovered there are XBox Gold accounts, one connected to my husband's email and one connected to mine. This means two separate charges every month. Can I combine these into one account and only...
  8. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  9. Combine two Microsoft accounts together and after that delete one account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combine two Microsoft accounts together and after that delete one account: Hello, I've two Microsoft account and I want to delete one account. But on that account I've some games (like Minecraft). And I want to transfer those to the other Microsoft account. I know it is...
  10. How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate...: I have 2 email accounts set up with Microsoft, one is a hotmail account, another a gmail account. I have made an email for each of my children. When I recently made one, I accidentally added it to...