Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address?

Discus and support Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi All, Looking for ideas or suggestions on (combining, merging, or reassigning,) my original Xbox profile from an old Microsoft account/email address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by crookedp, Nov 18, 2023.

1. crookedp
    crookedp Guest

Hi All,

Looking for ideas or suggestions on (combining, merging, or reassigning,) my original Xbox profile from an old Microsoft account/email address to my new Microsoft account/email address. I created my original Microsoft account and Xbox profile with an old college email address about 20 years ago for my 360. Obviously, I no longer have access to the college email service, however my original Xbox profile/gamertag are still tied to that email address.

A couple years back, I needed access to Office 365. Since I couldn't remember my original Microsoft account credentials and I wanted my new email address associated with my Microsoft account anyway, I created a new Microsoft account. I "foolishly" assumed I could combine the two accounts, merge them, or move gamertags, etc., but I've been unable to make ANY account modifications... add aliases, email address changes, etc..

ASK: Any way to associate/combine an old Xbox profile with a different Microsoft account/email address?

:)

crookedp, Nov 18, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

3. CarTzy Win User

Hello crookedp,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to combine or merge your original Xbox profile with your new Microsoft account. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. Xbox profiles are permanently linked to the Microsoft account they were created with, and there is no option to transfer them to a different account. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The only way to access your original Xbox profile is to sign in with the Microsoft account and email address that you used to create it. If you don't remember your password, you can try to reset it using the security information associated with your account. If you don't have access to the email address or the security information, you may not be able to recover your account.

Alternatively, you can continue using your new Microsoft account and create a new Xbox profile with it. You will lose your progress, achievements, and purchases from your original profile, but you will be able to use your new email address and access Office 365.

See: Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account | Xbox Support / Change sign-in preferences on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other issues or concerns, please let us know.
  4. Rostom L Win User

I think there are multiple accounts tied to my email

Hi Alvin! I am sorry to hear about what happened.

When was the last time you had access to your original account?

Please be advised that it's required that you know the correct email address of the account to get into it. Just a heads up that Xbox Support can’t provide your account email address & password, even if you know your gamertag.

Your original account must be under a different email address. Please try to use a different email combinations or try it with a different domain - it may be under a different domain.

You may check the link below for more tips in getting back your account email address.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Having a different xbox account and store account = can't use EA play?

There is no way that a Microsoft account is linked to a Xbox profile with another email address. The Xbox account is part of your Microsoft account, so both use the same email address to sign in.

If you linked the Xbox profile from the Microsoft account that has the active Game Pass Ultimate subscription, then it will work. If the Xbox profile you added is from a different Microsoft account (another email address), there is no way around this.
  6. WPAK Win User

a unique situation

Hi there,

So if I understand correctly, you would prefer your new xbox live account moved to the old email address. Correct?

The only way to remove a gamertag from an email address is by moving it to a different email address (Microsoft Account), but in order to do so, the account must be on a console for at least 30 days without it being downloaded in that period.

Besides that, replacing it with the new one, will also result in loss of the balance on the current account, since that would need to be moved too.

See the steps on how to move a xbox live account to a different email address and all restrictions etc here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
Thema:

1. Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address? - Similar Threads - Combine old profile

2. I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to transfer my old memory into new pc with everything on it.: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. How can I combine 2 accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I combine 2 accounts: I have 1 account that my dad created for me when I was 11 so I could use the xbox and it has his email on it. I have another account that is this account with my email on it. I would normally just...
  4. I really want to combine two accounts but I can’t

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to combine two accounts but I can’t: I want to combine my accounts for Minecraft because I used an old email and I couldn’t access online so I made a new email and now half my worlds are tied to one account and the other half is tied...
  5. Is it possible to combine the power of two systems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to combine the power of two systems?: I currently have an Xbox Series S, and I have been having trouble with the amount of space available for saving games. I was looking at the prices of some of the external SSDs that would allow you...
  6. How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...: So I got this new laptop and set it up. Part of the setup told me I could get 3 months free of gamepass ultimate, so I was like sweet. I thought it was having me login into my existing...
  7. Combining accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combining accounts: I discovered there are XBox Gold accounts, one connected to my husband's email and one connected to mine. This means two separate charges every month. Can I combine these into one account and only...
  8. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  9. Combine two Microsoft accounts together and after that delete one account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combine two Microsoft accounts together and after that delete one account: Hello, I've two Microsoft account and I want to delete one account. But on that account I've some games (like Minecraft). And I want to transfer those to the other Microsoft account. I know it is...
  10. How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate...: I have 2 email accounts set up with Microsoft, one is a hotmail account, another a gmail account. I have made an email for each of my children. When I recently made one, I accidentally added it to...