Cold War asking to be bought again

Discus and support Cold War asking to be bought again in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have black ops Cold War as a disc but whenever I go to play it says I have to buy the game. I’ve tried hard resetting my Xbox deleting saved data but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by blakemerrel, May 19, 2022.

1. blakemerrel
    blakemerrel Guest

I have black ops Cold War as a disc but whenever I go to play it says I have to buy the game. I’ve tried hard resetting my Xbox deleting saved data but nothing worked and when I go to the Microsoft store it says I am able to launch and play the game but when I launch it, it still asks for me to but it

:)

blakemerrel, May 19, 2022
  2. blakemerrel Win User

I don’t have the stitch bundle but I have the chemical reaction pack should I uninstall that and reset my Xbox?
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Did you purchase the Stich Gilded bundle? If you did, uninstall that from your console and it should fix the issue after restarting your console.

If not, please try to remove and add your account again:

First:

Press the Xbox Button > Settings > System Settings > Storage.

Highlight but don't select a storage device, and then press Y on your controller for Device Options.

On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.

When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Press the Xbox Button > System > Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games (Note: Just do this if your saves are saved in the cloud, else they'll be lost)

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove. ​​​

4. Close. ​​​

​​​

Power Reset:

1. If you have an external HD, please unplug it and let it unplugged for testing purposes.

​​​2. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

3. Unplug all the cables (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 5 minutes.

4. After 5 minutes, plug all the cables in again (except for the external HD) and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.

​​​

Add Account:

​​​1. Press the Xbox button. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

Try to run Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and see if it works. If it doesn't, please let me know.
  4. blakemerrel Win User

I had the option to download a starter pack and 2 pro packs but nothing like in the video and it’s still asking for me to buy it again
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, blakemerrel. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please take a look at this video? This may solve your issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsjT3wPKwIk

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

If you still have this issue after doing the steps mentioned on the video, please let me know.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'd recommend you to try the steps above and see if it works.

Also, after clearing the local saved games, make sure the Cold War data was cleared:

Go to My Games & Apps >Cold War >Manage Installation >Saved Data

Select your Gamertag > Delete from Console

Select Reserved Space > Clear reserved space

Then proceed with removing and adding your account again and see how it goes.

Got this suggestion from All Mundell:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
Thema:

1. Cold War asking to be bought again - Similar Threads - Cold War asking

2. I'm having an issue with black ops cold war

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm having an issue with black ops cold war: [img] Hello i am having an issue starting up cod black ops cold war it doesnt even let me load into the main menu [img] ill send photos, it tells me i need xbox live. Please help me with this...
  3. Black ops Cold war and vanguard are free?

in XboX Insiders
    Black ops Cold war and vanguard are free?: Call of duty for free? So I just got a series x. Upgraded from the base Xbox one and I never owned black ops Cold war or vanguard on it but I can download and play them despite it not seeming to...
  4. Can't press A Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't press A Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War: Everytime I try and play Call of Duty Black Ops Cold war one my Xbox 1 when I first load up the game it doesn't let me press a to start the game. The only thing that works is completely restarting...
  5. Call of duty black ops cold war not working help please!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty black ops cold war not working help please!: Hi, as of today my COD black ops cold war will not start, everytime I go to press A to start the game it says I need to purchase it, which I have already done. When I do click purchase to see what...
  6. Need help getting Call of duty Cold war back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting Call of duty Cold war back.: I recently switched from the Xbox one to Xbox one s. All was going, Most games were downloaded and worked perfectly fine except for one, That is Call of duty cold war. I saw this and thought oh...
  7. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  8. Call of Duty Cold War asking for game pass even though I personally bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Cold War asking for game pass even though I personally bought it: So I bought Call of Duty Cold War digitally on my Xbox maybe about a year ago, I deleted for about 2 months I reinstall it and it asks for me to choose a game pass plan even though I bought the...
  9. My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund: My Xbox is showing a charge back for COD cold war and never asked or received refund cbe53584-3433-49d8-bc17-4179b523b0a1
  10. Black Ops Cold War ask me to purchase again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Ops Cold War ask me to purchase again: I bought the Ultimate Edition of Black Ops Cold War in August of 2020 and was able to play until about 30-40 days ago. Ive tried unistalling the game and installing it again twice and I made sure...