COD MW on Xbox S not letting me play

Discus and support COD MW on Xbox S not letting me play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased Call of duty Modern Warfare on Xbox Series S, downloaded it as well as all required packs but when I go to play it, it says the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mikey JP, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Mikey JP
    Mikey JP Guest

I recently purchased Call of duty Modern Warfare on Xbox Series S, downloaded it as well as all required packs but when I go to play it, it says the Multiplayer/Campaign packs are needed to be installed before playing. I checked and it shows that I did. What did I do wrong?

:)

Mikey JP, Nov 25, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Mikey. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Just to confirm, which Modern Warfare title is this affecting? Modern Warfare (2019), Modern Warfare 2 (2022), or Modern Warfare 3 (2023)?

If possible please also send over some photos or screenshots to demonstrate the issue.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. LukePawlowski Win User

Xbox one x I think modern warfare caused failure

COD Modern Warfare is causing fatal windows registry errors (E100,E101,E102 etc) and causing xbox one x’s to completely fail. I already had to buy a new xbox one x due to cod MW. Unless you have $350 to buy a new xbox play MW cautiously. I haven’t heard
    of MW causing any fatal issues with Xbox one S only the X. Hopefully, after many more complaints activision will start compensating players that had their xbox one x’s destroyed because of MW. Another friend of mine had his xbox one x destroyed today due to
    COD MW. This is completely ridicolous that activision does not admit responsibility for costing people so much money. If MW has caused your Xbox X to become a paperweight please post about your issue so hopefully activision will address this.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Cod mw won’t let me load in

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand having issue launching a game. Do you own the game or someone sharing it with you? If you own it make sure to check the

order history
    and see if the purchase still says completed. If it doesn't say completed you will need to purcahse it. There was a system update that caused some pre-order games to not process correctly. You should of also received a Xbox live message stating
    that you don't own the game and need to repurchase. If the purchase is complete and still having issues we recommend requesting a call from support.

When you go to Contact Us, follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Here is the message that would of come about a week ago in Xbox live messages:

Hi We found a problem. When you bought (name of game), the payment didn’t go through and you were never charged. Due to an error on our side, you still had access to play it. After Feb. 12 2020 you will be prompted to buy it before you
    can play it again. Don’t worry you will keep your saves, achievements, and add-ons. Sorry for the mix up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Kramerllama Win User

People have confused the words "same" with "bad"

since when did COD ever have an awesome story? COD 4's was the generic war story, MW 2 had some of the biggest plot holes Ive ever seen within a story. Im sure MW 3 will be just another Micheal Bay B movie. Just because COD sells the most does not make
    it a quality game. COD is easy to be good at, with no real work. Anyone can pick it up play it for 10 minutes, and do well. Thats why its popular.
  6. Rostom L Win User

COD MW 2 Cross Gen Bundle

On my end, I can see it as the normal COD: MW II. It has the same approximate size of 132.87 GB. I guess you just have to let if finish downloading. That should include the game COD: MW II.
Thema:

1. COD MW on Xbox S not letting me play - Similar Threads - COD letting play

2. My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is turning purple/black while playing COD 2019 it also doesn't let me see my...: Idk what to do I've used 2 tvs and restarted and Googled what to do but I can't get it to stop for good 5b917a13-d3a5-43cc-83f5-bcef813eccc1
  3. Why won’t it let me play multiplayer on COD MWF

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me play multiplayer on COD MWF: It won’t let me play COD MWF on multiplayer and it only show up 4 data packs when I go to manage game and adding but when I go in the game to see what packs I’m missing it says that I have them...
  4. Just bought a Pc and it won’t let me login to play COD

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just bought a Pc and it won’t let me login to play COD: Hi, Recently just bought a Pc and I was playing on Xbox for few years before that. Yesterday I’ve set everything up, update all the drivers, download a few games and found out I can’t login to...
  5. My "COD Cold War", Xbox one, loads to "press start" menu but won't let me play. How do I fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My "COD Cold War", Xbox one, loads to "press start" menu but won't let me play. How do I fix?: Just purchased call of duty Cold War from the Microsoft store for about 20 bucks with a $25 Xbox gift card. It loads to the press start menu then continues to ask me to purchase it and when I...
  6. Cod vanguard won't let me play online says error code keedna Kessler

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod vanguard won't let me play online says error code keedna Kessler: I can't play cod vanguard or any cod online It keeps saying keedna Kessler on vanguard and I've reset my router several times. Are the servers down? 691f1b38-7933-46b1-8113-220999ee0434
  7. how can play COD online with my xbox 360? it wont let me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can play COD online with my xbox 360? it wont let me: my profile is not able to play online, how can i fix this? 777e7fad-0562-4afa-a7ad-51a774593255
  8. No me deja jugar COD modern warfare[Translation-He won't let me play COD modern warfare]

in XBoX Accessibility
    No me deja jugar COD modern warfare[Translation-He won't let me play COD modern warfare]: Me pide instalar todo excepto el warzone pero todo el juego completo e instalado y hasta en el juego me sale que está instalado a la hora de picarle en todos los apartados que no sean warzone. Qué...
  9. Why does cod mw not let me play special ops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cod mw not let me play special ops: I went to play call of duty special ops i had downloaded the pack and all to find out i was missing a pack so basically the xbox store has taken my special ops pack 2 and now i cant play part of...
  10. Xbox one won’t let me play on COD II on my main profile but let’s me on a second account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t let me play on COD II on my main profile but let’s me on a second account: I try to play COD II Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one console and it won’t let me play it keeps logging me out of Xbox live. Does anyone have this issue and solutions of how to fix it?...