Cloud Sync not working

Discus and support Cloud Sync not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X as my primary device, & a Series S in a spare room. I am having trouble switching between the two to play Starfield via... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan McNulty, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Dan McNulty
    Dan McNulty Guest

Cloud Sync not working

I have an Xbox Series X as my primary device, & a Series S in a spare room.

I am having trouble switching between the two to play Starfield via GamePass (installed). No issues on the Series X, but whenever I load Starfield on the Series S I get the message " Your other Xbox console is taking a long time to sync to the cloud". No amount of time seems to resolve this.

I have also tried uninstalling & installing the game on both devices, clearing locally saved games & "going offline" & back on the Series S.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

:)

Dan McNulty, Oct 10, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Cloud Sync not working

We appreciate you sharing this with us and for carefully documenting the steps you took to address the issue and the outcomes. Our development team has to look into this matter more, in my opinion. Please report your case to Xbox Feedback so that we can work with you to remedy this problem. You can provide the Xbox development team with feedback and suggestions through the Xbox Feedback portal. By submitting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll contribute in our ability to rapidly investigate and resolve the issue.

To report your case to Xbox Feedback, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  4. CarTzy Win User

Cloud Sync not working

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. WordSquirter Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

I began having this same issue immediately after the last update. I would wager they're related.

I have a series S, bought it refurbished (there's a short that wasn't fixed but I went ahead fixed it myself). I've gotten my account to sync but every day, I have to go through the entire process again. Each time, something different resolves it.
    It involves:
    -Hard rebooting the xbox (Holding the button for 10 seconds and removing the power cord for 15-30 seconds, redundant, but I need to make sure and you'll see why in a second)
    -Rebooting the modem
    -Another hard Xbox reboot (worked once)
    -Deleting and re-adding my profile.
    -Another hard reboot (usually works here)
    -re-installing the game(s).
    -Another hard reboot...

After doing all these, the problem is fixed. There were two instances where updating the controllers fixed it (I have two), and I only had to update one for it to work. When I switched controllers the following day, the other one also had to be updated. The day after, they were both updated, but the problem returned. In short, you might just have to wipe your entire drive to get it to work again.

Hope this helps someone. I'm guessing something went wonky in the last update that was either simply missed or incidentally caused some issue somewhere else along the chain. It's quite unfortunate but it does happen sometimes. If it persists longer than a month though I'll have to switch consoles, which I can't really afford. But I also can't afford to spend an hour every day turning on a console as if it were the first computer ever made.
  6. Fatima_J Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator
Thema:

Cloud Sync not working

1. Cloud Sync not working - Similar Threads - Cloud Sync working

2. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  3. Disabling cloud syncing on pc gamepass

in XBoX on Windows
    Disabling cloud syncing on pc gamepass: Im getting pretty frustrated with xbox right now, i dont want cloud syncing and theres nothing in the settings that allows you to disable this. I know its foing it because when i open starfield it...
  4. Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?: Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate? 4d3db03a-7bb7-40fc-af19-2d009c10ab54
  5. Cloud sync isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud sync isn’t working: Split from this thread. The main problem is with Starfield. It’s not now cloud syncing on either of my Series X. Despite having played every day for the past month, and regularly saving my...
  6. Cloud sync isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud sync isn’t working: Cloud sync isn’t working on either of my Xbox Series X. A month of saves have disappeared. You keep posting troubleshooting procedures that don’t work for Series X or S, only the old One X. You’d...
  7. Cloud Sync Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Sync Not Working: I keep getting an error message when I try to play Starfield on my secondary Xbox (I own a Series X in my gaming room and a Series S down in the living room). When I launch Starfield on my Series...
  8. Cloud Sync Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Sync Not Working: I have both the Xbox Series X and Series S, and in the last 24 hours, I have had issues with the Cloud Sync not working. When I boot up Starfield, it only gives me the option to start a new game....
  9. Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable...: I am unable to get my saves to upload to the cloud. I first noticed this when attempting to play the game on one of my other household gaming PC's. Only New Game is presented when selecting my...
  10. Some games won't work online anymore and all games wont sync to cloud.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won't work online anymore and all games wont sync to cloud.: So everything was working fine until the update happened on 8-31-16. Now all games cannot sync to the cloud and I have to use what data is on my console. Not a huge problem but still a problem but...