Cloud sync isn’t working

Discus and support Cloud sync isn’t working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Cloud sync isn’t working on either of my Xbox Series X. A month of saves have disappeared. You keep posting troubleshooting procedures that don’t work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Krusty T, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Krusty T
    Krusty T Guest

Cloud sync isn’t working

Cloud sync isn’t working on either of my Xbox Series X. A month of saves have disappeared. You keep posting troubleshooting procedures that don’t work for Series X or S, only the old One X. You’d think you guys would know the differences between all your different consoles, but apparently not. So how do we ensure that cloud sync is working correctly every time we log in? Right now, it’s totally unreliable.

:)

Krusty T, Oct 26, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Cloud sync isn’t working

Hello TROYBAISCH,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. We understand that you have lost both your local and cloud saves for the past month, despite playing and saving regularly on your Series X. We also understand that you have tried several troubleshooting steps, such as deleting and reinstalling the game, and using cloud gaming only, but none of them have resolved the problem. We appreciate your feedback and we are aware that some other users have reported similar issues with Starfield on the Series X. In the meantime, please do not delete any more data from your console or cloud storage, as it may affect the recovery process.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve it:

- Check the Xbox Live service status and see if there are any outages or maintenance that could affect cloud syncing. You can do this by visiting Xbox Status | Xbox Support

- Clear the local saved games cache on your console. To do this, go to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games. This will not delete any of your cloud saves, but it will force your console to sync with the cloud again.

- Power cycle your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds, then unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds. This will clear any temporary files and refresh your console's connection.

- Try playing Starfield offline and see if your local saves are restored. To do this, go to Settings > Network > Network settings > Go offline. Then launch Starfield and load your game. If you see your recent saves, you can go back online and try syncing them with the cloud.

- If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Bethesda support and report the issue with Starfield. They may have more specific solutions or updates for this game. You can reach them at Home - Bethesda Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  3. Ringlercorp Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

This moderator is clearly copying and pasting old data from the Xbox One days. This troubleshoot doesn’t work on Xbox Series X or S consoles.

“Cloud saved games” isn’t an option anymore.

I can’t find how to force a cloud sync. I can’t play Starfield on my other console in another room because the data won’t sync.

What’s the point of cloud saving if it doesn’t actually save???
  4. Derek Barras Win User

Starfield sync issue ?

I am running into the exact same issue. I’ve had no problem with early access, but last night my cloud sync isn’t working at all. I log into the game and it only gives me the option to start a new game. I am 20+ hours in, so I really don’t want to do that.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Cloud Sync Not Working

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Cloud Sync not working

We appreciate you sharing this with us and for carefully documenting the steps you took to address the issue and the outcomes. Our development team has to look into this matter more, in my opinion. Please report your case to Xbox Feedback so that we can work with you to remedy this problem. You can provide the Xbox development team with feedback and suggestions through the Xbox Feedback portal. By submitting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll contribute in our ability to rapidly investigate and resolve the issue.

To report your case to Xbox Feedback, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
Thema:

Cloud sync isn’t working

1. Cloud sync isn’t working - Similar Threads - Cloud sync isn’t

2. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  3. Disabling cloud syncing on pc gamepass

in XBoX on Windows
    Disabling cloud syncing on pc gamepass: Im getting pretty frustrated with xbox right now, i dont want cloud syncing and theres nothing in the settings that allows you to disable this. I know its foing it because when i open starfield it...
  4. Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?: Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate? 4d3db03a-7bb7-40fc-af19-2d009c10ab54
  5. Cloud sync isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud sync isn’t working: Split from this thread. The main problem is with Starfield. It’s not now cloud syncing on either of my Series X. Despite having played every day for the past month, and regularly saving my...
  6. Cloud Sync not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Sync not working: I have an Xbox Series X as my primary device, & a Series S in a spare room. I am having trouble switching between the two to play Starfield via GamePass (installed). No issues on the Series X,...
  7. I opened forza 5 and it said what i wanted to sync it to between i think desktop and cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I opened forza 5 and it said what i wanted to sync it to between i think desktop and cloud...: opened forza 5 and it said what i wanted to sync it to between i think desktop and cloud and i choose cloud, lost a lot of my money and cars/progress how do i fix it ?...
  8. Cloud Sync Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Sync Not Working: I keep getting an error message when I try to play Starfield on my secondary Xbox (I own a Series X in my gaming room and a Series S down in the living room). When I launch Starfield on my Series...
  9. Syncing issues with Starfield when playing via Cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Syncing issues with Starfield when playing via Cloud: I am trying to play Starfield via the cloud. I have a game pass ultimate account and play on a PC. Every time I launch Starfield a requestor appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a...
  10. Sync error says I have multiple xboxs effecting cloud syncs when I don't, help please?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sync error says I have multiple xboxs effecting cloud syncs when I don't, help please?: Suddenly getting this message while playing Starfield on Xbox cloud gaming: Your other Xbox is taking a long time to sync to the cloud Xbox support page gives this advice: This error occurs...