Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

Discus and support Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FRAGSLAYER, Jan 23, 2024.

1. FRAGSLAYER
    FRAGSLAYER Guest

Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done!

Okay I'm a multiplatform player been with Xbox since the well, Xbox. I'm going to skip a trip down memory lane and land at the creation of cloud saves. When it was first introduced it worked excellent up until the point you TOOK AWAY us being able access it and forcing us automatically apply it no matter what.

1. Not everyone is online all the time so when they play for days or weeks at a time on vacation or something they come back, go online and have entire playthroughs wiped away due to now old cloud saves overwriting it.

2. Why you took away access to cloud saves I'll never understand. I'm sure it has to do with people accidentally deleting them or something, but who cares? Give a warning or something and then they are held accountable for doing it.

3. Now if I change systems or something happens to my local saves (which just happened in Starfield just poof gone) I'm forced to go online and update the game just to hope the cloud saves is there. I don't want to update the game though and that should be MY choice.

4. You clearly have some serious issues with both cloud saves and the internal SSDs this generation. Nobody on here or on the phone have a answer for it. Just a "fix" that involves clearing local saves because the Xbox says you can't even save a game due to lack of space which is false.

4a. This is not a fix or acceptable anymore. I had to warranty out my original XBSX because it was doing that twice a week. Which means I lose ALL my mods and ALL my playthroughs that I can't replicate the mod list on which happens a lot on console mods disappear or change constantly. Even if you do find them all, it's time consuming and repetitive if you know how to make a mod list and mod heavily.

4b. After the second time of doing this I lost my ENTIRE first Non-modded playthrough on Skyrim which I have had since launch. THOUSANDS of hours gone which has had no issues following me from the 360 to Xbox One X. Then just bam gone from the cloud. That's devastating and completely unacceptable.

To sum it up nobody wants to deal with this and I expect the new XBSX to start doing it again at some point. I've had it about 4 months now and it hasn't done it (yet) so I truly believe the internal drive is corrupting or something. You guys had what was once a flawless, super easy to use and convenient thing with cloud saves. Apparently someone came in and just crapped on it and made the dumbest decisions I've ever seen in my life. I don't do this honestly, I've never been annoyed enough too but this is completely unacceptable. Maybe you thought hey it'll be easier for the player and streamline the process. Well it isn't working for everyone and the consequences aren't worth it. Check the internal SSD's and make a change if you have to as well.

I'm leaving out a lot to, just scour online and you'll know this is a widespread issue so you can't keep you're head in the sand forever. Get it done or I'm done which will make me more irritated if I have to main the PlayStation 5. I like Sony's games and it literally ends there on the positive notes.

:)

FRAGSLAYER, Jan 23, 2024
  2. Galenrandir23 Win User

Hungry Shark World Achievements

I did check the site, and no one had any suggestions. Only one person said they cleared their local and cloud save and started a new game which got it to work. Problem is the game is a super grind and I've unlocked a ton of stuff which I don't want to do
    again.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to backup my save. clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement and then reload my save. I have 2 Xboxs, would it be possible to install the game on my second Xbox, clear the local and cloud save, get the achievement,
    clear local and cloud save again, then fire up my main Xbox with my game save on it?
  3. Quick5pnt0cobra Win User

Error code 0x80830003

I've heard of other people having this problem but there wasn't a clear solution. One possible cause could be a corrupt local save. You could try clearing your local saves and see if that helps.

You can read how to delete the local saves here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq#a83eeaf003054ec5b5580e88da6d78a2
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Sync data issue

Hello SPECTRE_KENNEDY,

Thank you for keeping up with us. The option to clear local saved data removes saved data from the console itself. As long as the console has a connection to Xbox Live, saved games are automatically stored in the cloud. If you have any games that you have
    played while offline, we recommend going online with those games to upload the saved data to the cloud. Once all you saved data is secured on the cloud, we suggest clearing the local saved games. Sometimes an account may have trouble with collecting the saved
    data from the cloud. This is where clearing local saved games can help. The option to clear local saved games will re-sync the saved data from the cloud to your account. We hope this helps!
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Monster Hunter World Save Data

Hi Dragons,

Thanks for the update on the issue. With this issue it is possible the old save became corrupt. To test this you can clear local save data. This will force game to retrieve your cloud save. If the cloud save is at the beginning there isn't away to retrieve
    it unfortunately. To clear local save go to settings>system>storage>clear local save.

Try this and let us know.

Brad
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox 360 cloud storage says its full but its not (Backwards Compatibility)

It is correct cloud saves are different from your local storagr

You need to clear up some of the cloud storage
Thema:

1. Cloud Saves and Local save clearing! Someone important needs to read this and get it done! - Similar Threads - Cloud Saves Local

2. Overwrite cloud save data with local game data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwrite cloud save data with local game data: My Dream Light Valley profile, which you're allowed only one game, was deleted in the cloud and I lost all game progress there. On my Xbox S, however, I still have my old profile and most of my...
  3. Can you move a save file from cloud to local?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you move a save file from cloud to local?: I played a game using Xbox game pass, but now I bought it on Steam, and I want to use my Xbox game pass save file, but the save files are saved in the cloud. 301197f8-eccd-41af-9592-8b0b2ad4d696
  4. Chivalry 2 "Login Error EntityLineageBanned" Xbox Cloud Save vs Local Save Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chivalry 2 "Login Error EntityLineageBanned" Xbox Cloud Save vs Local Save Problems: I've been having trouble launching the game through Xbox Gamepass on PC. Before now, I would launch the game and get stuck at main menu after pressing enter. To fix this I would enter task manager...
  5. my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox doesnt give the option to delete cloud saved game data, only local.: very frustrating not being able to reset games to first-time start up. there was a thread already asking this in 2019, this still hasn’t been solved a46866b2-4468-4c2d-8924-1d09feb56bf9
  6. My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?: I started playing Fallout 4 using the cloud gaming feature within the xbox app at work a few days ago (on a surface pro 5 tablet). I got a few hours into it and saved. The next day I did the same...
  7. How to load my local save to the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to load my local save to the cloud: My wifi hasn’t been working at home for the past couple of days so I’ve been playing Callisto Protocol ‘offline’ as I already had the game downloaded before my wifi decided to stop working. My...
  8. How do I switch back to local state save from cloud save on fallout shelter

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch back to local state save from cloud save on fallout shelter: Hi I like to switch back to my local state save because my vault was fully done up etc and I can't seem to have the prompt that xbox asks me which save file I like to use either cloud or local...
  9. Is there a way to load a local save file after syncing to an old cloud save?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to load a local save file after syncing to an old cloud save?: No Man's Sky has stability issues on my PC; keeps crashing at entirely random moments. The game relies on manual saves by interacting with beacons or other objects to record progress, so it is...
  10. Possible to overwrite cloud save with old local file?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to overwrite cloud save with old local file?: To keep things short, after a particularly bad game crash that resulted in my Series X completely shutting down, my game of WWE2K19 began acting as if I'd never played it... which then seemingly...