Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...

Discus and support Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Due to the release of fallout 4 I finally decided to upgrade my 360 to an xbox one. I have played the console probably three times each time... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Boom1egShot, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Boom1egShot
    Boom1egShot Guest

Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...

Hello

Due to the release of fallout 4 I finally decided to upgrade my 360 to an xbox one.

I have played the console probably three times each time there has been a problem with my game saves. I have contacted customer support on the 0800 number who were totally useless I wish id never wasted my time, in fact I may as well have called my elderly
    mother for help (sorry mum).

Now I'm getting fed up with doing the same part of fallout over and over again, it either comes up a corrupt game save or takes hours to sync or never completes the sync.

Do to me living in the sticks with very poor quality broadband I would quite simply like to turn of cloud save on my new £400 console similar to the choice given to me on my old xbox 360. Please tell me if this is possible or this will be possible soon.

:)

Boom1egShot, Dec 9, 2015
  2. dUnKle
    dUnKle Guest
  3. why did I spend my hard earned money to buy a system and games that won't save

The Xbox One automatically saves games to the cloud while you are connected to the internet. Game progress will be saved in the cloud storage of the account currently logged in.

You can read here for more questions about cloud saves, or error troubleshooting:

-
    Cloud Save FAQ

-
    Cloud Save Sync Errors

Internet Expert, Dec 9, 2015
  4. Internet Expert Win User

why did I spend my hard earned money to buy a system and games that won't save

The Xbox One automatically saves games to the cloud while you are connected to the internet. Game progress will be saved in the cloud storage of the account currently logged in.

You can read here for more questions about cloud saves, or error troubleshooting:

-
    Cloud Save FAQ

-
    Cloud Save Sync Errors
  5. Malacath Win User

Minecraft saves show up as dirt blocks.

Assuming you are using the xbox one version then your saves are stored in two locations. The save cache on the internal hard drive and the cloud.

Now if your saves are corrupt it's possible that going into the system settings then storage then selecting Clear local saved games can delete the corrupt saves on your hard drive.

After this the xbox will pull the hopefully healthy saves off the cloud next time you start the game.

Unfortunately though there is no way to know if your saves have been successfully synced to the cloud so there is a risk of losing the saves that haven't synced.

Factory resetting works in a similar way but that will delete everything off the internal drive and not just saves. Again they will be downloaded from the cloud next time you start a game.

So provided you have healthy copies of the saves in the cloud doing either of these should fix the issue.

Although like I said there is a risk that you could lose saves if they didn't get synced before they got corrupted.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

Forza savegame doees not work

Hey there Patricia!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to get your save to come up.

Now, what if you don't mind me asking makes you think that it was corrupted?

Did it give you some kind of error or did it start you off from scratch?

If you haven't already, I would check out the information on saving in the cloud at

Store your saved games in the cloud
    Xbox One cloud games saves: FAQ
    , and
    Syncing Xbox One game saves to the cloud error messages

Give those a look through if you run into any more trouble and let us know if you get any errors.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks!
  7. xbox360italy Win User

Console turns itself back on

Hello

Turn off cloud storage for saved games

There are two options to turn off cloud storage for game saves:

1. Move saved games out of the cloud and turn off cloud saves

First, you need to move your game saves out of the cloud. See Copy, move, or delete content for steps on how to move content from one storage device to another (for
    example, from Cloud Saved Games to Hard Drive).

Once you've done this, you can turn off cloud storage. Here’s how:

1. From the Xbox 360 Dashboard, go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Highlight Cloud Saved Games, and then press Y.
    4. Select Disable Cloud Saved Games.
    2. Keep saved games in the cloud and turn off cloud saves

You can turn off cloud storage for a single console and keep your saved games in the cloud for you to use on another console. Here’s how:

1. From the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage, and then select your primary storage device.
    3. Select System Items, and then select Cloud Storage Console Copy.
    4. Select Delete.
    Note You will be asked to confirm that you want your saved games to remain in the cloud, and future updates to your saved games will not be synced with this console.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

"Turn off Storage" meaning?

Hello G'Angelo,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. When you turn off storage this means the console will not update or anything while it is off. This doesn't hurt your saves or game syncs. For the game sync if you turn off storage the

cloud save
    will still upload.

In a hurry to turn off your console?

Don’t worry! You can turn off your console before a game save is uploaded to the cloud. When you turn off your console, your console stays in low power mode until the game save is uploaded to the cloud (that is, as long as the console
    has power and is connected to the Internet).

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ... - Similar Threads - Cloud save sync

2. Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate?: Can I sync Overcooked 2 save files from Xbox Cloud to PC w/ game pass ultimate? 4d3db03a-7bb7-40fc-af19-2d009c10ab54
  3. FM2023 Game Pass Cloud Save Not Syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    FM2023 Game Pass Cloud Save Not Syncing: Hello all, Having an issue with syncing cloud saves on the game pass version of FM2023. When I open the game on my Surface Pro 8, I get an error from the Xbox (not FM2023) saying that it's taking...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 can't sync cloud saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 can't sync cloud saves: Hello. Many months back I made an upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. Yesterday I made full reset of Windows 11. And installing FH5 I realized that it can't sync my saved data. Even if I choose the...
  5. Fable II Loads in German on Xbox Cloud, Doesn't Sync My Last Save

in XBoX on Windows
    Fable II Loads in German on Xbox Cloud, Doesn't Sync My Last Save: So I go to load up Fable II, and lo and behold, it's in German, and nothing was synced, only allowing me to start a new game. I've made no changes to my language preferences, either in my Xbox...
  6. "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data

in XBoX on Windows
    "We are unable to sync your data with the cloud at the moment." error when syncing save data: I'm getting this error when I try and start Gears 5 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I understand that this is in the 'known issues' thread, but I have followed the troubleshooting steps in that...
  7. Ark Windows 10 Edition cant sync xbox cloud save data.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Windows 10 Edition cant sync xbox cloud save data.: It only happened recently, I started having this issue where I will constantly get a little screen with an xbox logo that pops up in the middle of the screen while playing. I also noticed that my...
  8. Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Sync reverted my save to older one: I had played Forza Horizon 3 on my Xbox Series X. I continued to play it on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of weeks by using cloud saves. Then after a couple of weeks playing on PC, I wanted to...
  9. "Out Of Sync" Saves on Xbox360 / Cloud Save Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Out Of Sync" Saves on Xbox360 / Cloud Save Problems: Hi all, I am looking to get all mine and my partners saves off of my old xbox360 into the cloud, so I can sunset the old girl. But I am running into some trouble. Firstly, my partners account...
  10. Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does cloud sync work for Sunset Overdrive? It's advertised as Xbox Live cloud save capable...: I am unable to get my saves to upload to the cloud. I first noticed this when attempting to play the game on one of my other household gaming PC's. Only New Game is presented when selecting my...