Cloud save problem need help

Discus and support Cloud save problem need help in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok so as the title says i have a problem with a cloud save for a certain game.A few months ago i was playing Metro Exodus when my one x reported a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zomboid2010, Apr 29, 2020.

1. zomboid2010
    zomboid2010 Guest

Ok so as the title says i have a problem with a cloud save for a certain game.A few months ago i was playing Metro Exodus when my one x reported a corrupt game save.After a few days i could not save any data from any game and was hetting worse infact i found
    i could not install games from disk or gamepass without an error message saying installation stopped so i checked online for similar problems and found a few possible solutions including hard resets,factory resets and clearing local game saves none of wich
    worked.So after a bit more searching i found that alot of people with x ones seamed to be getting the same thing with what was called write errors especialy after updates.So i checked a few youtube videos and decided to renew my internal hard drive seeing
    as my one x was out of warranty anyway.Well it worked and now i have a fully working one x again.Sure enough when i connected the old internal hard drive to my pc it confirmed multiple write errors.

Ok so now to the problem,as i said the first problem i had was while playing Metro.Now i have restarted the game and played through a few hours and then turned off but the next day when i try to play again my console tries to sinc the cloud gamesave.As soon
    as i let it sinc i get an instant message saying its corrupt and asks me to clear saved games again.

so it appears the cloud save is corrupt but the save on my console is not now the HD is new.I know i can delete all saves across cloud and console but that would also delete my now 3 days of progress on Metro.

So the question is is there any way i can save my console game save but delete the cloud save?

Kind regards and thanks to all who took the trouble to read this rambling story

:)

zomboid2010, Apr 29, 2020
  2. zomboid2010 Win User

Hello, I've looked extensively through troubleshooting steps and all of them point towards you having to delete the entire save. I know that this is not the option that you would prefer. Ironically that solution would be counterproductive. I would consider
    reaching out to the Xbox Support Team on this one. You can use the link below. https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us Thanks for the reply and link. I will do that 👍��
  3. Xx Goremez xX Win User

Excellent! I hope that it helps!
  4. Xx Goremez xX Win User

Hello,

I've looked extensively through troubleshooting steps and all of them point towards you having to delete the entire save. I know that this is not the option that you would prefer. Ironically that solution would be counterproductive. I would consider reaching
    out to the Xbox Support Team on this one. You can use the link below.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. zomboid2010 Win User

Hi and thanks for the reply.

i have considered this option but this will not solve my problem.

as i stated i only want to delete the cloud game save as it is corrupt,i want to keep the game save that is currently on my console.This option it seams would delete all game saves for this game unless i am missing something?

Hello, I have provided a link, as well as copied and pasted the steps that you would need to take, in order to delete cloud data.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how:

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
    2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button  on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
    3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button  on your controller.
    4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
      • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
      • Cancel leaves your data intact.
  6. Xx Goremez xX Win User

Hello, I have provided a link, as well as copied and pasted the steps that you would need to take, in order to delete cloud data.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how:

1. On Home, select My games & apps.
    2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button  on your controller, and then select Manage game & add-ons.
    3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button  on your controller.
    4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
      • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
      • Cancel leaves your data intact.
Thema:

1. Cloud save problem need help - Similar Threads - Cloud save problem

2. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  3. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. Chivalry 2 "Login Error EntityLineageBanned" Xbox Cloud Save vs Local Save Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chivalry 2 "Login Error EntityLineageBanned" Xbox Cloud Save vs Local Save Problems: I've been having trouble launching the game through Xbox Gamepass on PC. Before now, I would launch the game and get stuck at main menu after pressing enter. To fix this I would enter task manager...
  7. Cloud Save Problem (Minecraft)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Save Problem (Minecraft): Hi, Im on xbox and ive accidentally synced my cloud save to an old local save on minecraft, is there anyway that the cloud can be back tracked? 67902973-0046-4d03-a1ab-bf998cb1d0b1
  8. Cloud Save Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Save Problem: I'm hoping somebody on here can help me with a problem I'm having with playing a 360 game on on my Xbox One. I've just bought Dark Souls as a download from Microsoft and when I loaded it to play...
  9. Problem with Gears of War 2 cloud save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Gears of War 2 cloud save: Hello, I have a big problem with my cloud save of Gears of War 2 on my new Xbox One S. The game works perfectly on my Xbox One S with any gamertag but not with mine. When I launch the game, a...
  10. Lost my Fallout 4 save due to a cloud problem...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost my Fallout 4 save due to a cloud problem...: So I'm pretty irritated at the moment. I wanted to load up some Fallout 4 to try some mods out. As it turns out, the cloud sync issue has yet to be addressed by Xbox. This is the same issue I...