Cloud save has been overwritten with old save. I've lost all my progress.

Discus and support Cloud save has been overwritten with old save. I've lost all my progress. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While playing Binding of Isaac repentance, without even exiting the game, I have lost all the progress I had. It has returned to leave the game as it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlejandroDíaz Reina, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Cloud save has been overwritten with old save. I've lost all my progress.

While playing Binding of Isaac repentance, without even exiting the game, I have lost all the progress I had. It has returned to leave the game as it was in the previous update. In my profile, all the achievements and hours of play recorded are still, but it seems that the cloud save system has associated a save file from years, years ago with my account! I need to reverse the changes that have been made and restore the most recent copy (from today or yesterday) I await your response, thank you very much

:)

AlejandroDíaz Reina, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, AlejandroDíaz. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I hate to give bad news. But if your current cloud saves were somehow replaced by these old cloud saves, you will not be able to recover them.

You can try to clean your local saves for the game and see if it syncs with the cloud again. Maybe this time it will sync correctly.

- Go to My games & apps.

- Highlight the game.

- Press the Menu button and select Manage game and add-ons.

- Go to saved data > Select clear local saves > Delete from console.

Then, power cycle your console to clear its cache:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.

2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

Open the game again and see which cloud save is loaded. If it is this "old" cloud save, unfortunately you will not be able to recover the "new" one. As the Microsoft Agent XBF Chris J said here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

I'm really sorry about this. If you need anything else, please let me know.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

I really understand your frustration. I'm a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber too and have some saves with more than 100 hours of game play. I cannot even imagine losing them.

I hope a Microsoft agent can help you with this. But unfortunately, all cases I saw like yours just got a reply that "cloud saves cannot be recovered once overwritten or corrupted".

Let's wait for the best. I wish I could do more to help you with this, my friend.
  4. AlejandroDíaz Reina Win User

Thank you, but this is where the problem is:

"But if your current cloud saves were somehow replaced by these old cloud saves, you will not be able to recover them."

somehow....

So I can't do anything with this, I can not access old cloud saves of my games, I can not restore any previous moment.....

this is NOT confident for me as a user. I am worry now of all of my other savegames on the cloud to be lost whenever "somehow" something in MS end happens...

I'm an ultimate Gamepass user, and I was very happy until this happend, and started to see that A LOT of customers has suffered the same in the past and currently, so there is an issue that MS is not intended to solve.

I'm sorry but this is not a solution for my problem, or even an acceptable answer.

PD: Nothing that concerns to you Lucas, I know you are doing the best from your side.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Forza 4

as you wiped the progress via cloud gaming then you have lost the save altogether, the above fix is mainly for pc so if on console and the save on the cloud has been overwritten then that's it, it is gone.
  6. Nkosana23 Win User

Xbox Cloud Gaming - Lost Saved Games Progression

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

If the current save on the cloud is of the latest restart, then you have overwritten the old save with the previous progress. There is no way to recover the previous progress in that case.
Thema:

1. Cloud save has been overwritten with old save. I've lost all my progress. - Similar Threads - Cloud save has

2. How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manage individual saves on the xbox cloud: I've been playing a game with an 11 hour save but every time l go in the game to delete a single save file that would only bring me back 4 minutes it crashes as the save file character is...
  3. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  4. Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I disable cloud saves? I'm out of room for saves on Starfield: Using GamePass on PC, and I keep getting low storage warnings when I try to save. I know it's because the cloud save only allows 1gb of storage. I have deleted most of the save files, in the game...
  5. Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having this issue with Xbox 360 cloud saves ?: All my saved data is gone not to be shown submitted by /u/trxtier [link] [comments]
  6. If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I factory reset my xbox one, will it be saved by the cloud? If so, where can you check?: Hello. So one day when I was checking my Xbox (i did not use it for 3 months) A error message has came and it was the E106 error. This means that I have to factory reset my Xbox one in order to...
  7. Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas 360 Cloud Saves not loading on Xbox One: My 360 cloud saves for Fallout New Vegas are no longer showing on Xbox One. Game was played as recently as last year. Other 360 cloud saves seem to be working fine....
  8. How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I know when my saved game has been successfully uploaded to the cloud?: Hi, I am playing Football Manager 2024 which has a fairly sizable saved game file size in comparison to many other games. I play on it on my Series X and save the game. I wait usually 5 mins in...
  9. I recently has my Xbox replaced under warranty and I have no Minecraft cloud saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently has my Xbox replaced under warranty and I have no Minecraft cloud saves: I recently had my Xbox replaced under warranty and I have no Minecraft saves on the cloud so I have this. I would put it a photo but it keeps telling me it won’t work but it says “Failed to syncs...
  10. I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...: I had a cloud save for Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox Series X that I have been playing on since the game launched. Yesterday, I decided to download the Xbox App on PC and download Forza Horizon 5...