Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

Discus and support Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hellfire amazing isn't it. During a Multiplayer session thousands of bits of data are sent back and forth and have done quite well for years. But... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S73v3 N H4wk1n9, Apr 4, 2014.

  1. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )


    Hellfire amazing isn't it. During a Multiplayer session thousands of bits of data are sent back and forth and have done quite well for years. But suddenly sending other calculations in small packages to help with physics and effects is suddenly impossible.
     
    RippenHarra, Apr 7, 2014
    #31
  2. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest
    Hellfire don't take this the wrong way, I think your completly right with your first bit, but then you contradict yourself with your second paragraph Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) :) why is 3 x more powerful not possible if these calculations are done in huge server pools your not going
    to be transferring that much more data, maybe just offloading more calculations, so as you said it's the calculations that matter not the small data transfer Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) :)
     
    f00xm4n, Apr 7, 2014
    #32
  3. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    Thing is your xbox still needs to recieve the packets, and render the information into the game. You're not going to get a total 20GB of RAM using the cloud, they're basically saying there's the equivent of 3 extra xboxs to process data on the cloud - you
    still need to work out a way of effectively using it. That's why it's currently used for AI and environmental stuff, things that don't need immediate local processing. That said, along with DX12 this could make game worlds on Xbox One VASTLY richer and persistant,
    and that's not to say once the technology is used correctly we could see significant gains in performance.
     
    Hellfire IRL, Apr 8, 2014
    #33
  4. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    The bottom line guys - it WILL get better. Maybe not as much as they say it will, but who cares how much as long as we know that it WILL get better?
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 8, 2014
    #34
  5. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    tohellnbak, Apr 9, 2014
    #35
  6. Well, okay then... If that really is local vs. server-side (since in the video, they really are just labels, kind of like what they show with laundry commercials - how can you really tell they're using their or their competitor's laundry detergent or that
    the stains are even real!? It's a manipulative conspiracy, I tell you!), then color me impressed and convinced.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 9, 2014
    #36
  7. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    well considering they have invested BILLIONS into this tech.... why would the lie? is the sky falling by you GG?? you have to have some faith in things sometimes... you seem to get used to these forums where you tend to not believe anything.. especially
    when the guy who posted the video WAS THE GUY standing on stage doing it live
     
    tohellnbak, Apr 9, 2014
    #37
  8. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    Sorry, but I think these forums are starting to get to me - taking everything with a grain of salt and becoming suspicious about everything.

    Also, being on stage just makes him a puppet. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) :p
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 10, 2014
    #38
  9. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    It's certainly hard to have faith atm, wildly opposing views... meaningless additional servers / supercharging your Xbox One. The reality is somewhere in the middle, as in all things.

    On topic, really enjoyed this demonstration (allegedly not throw-away either, part of a game), we need MORE DESTRUCTION Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) :)
     
    Hellfire IRL, Apr 10, 2014
    #39
  10. ^ Very interested to see what comes out of this project.
     
    BHC Bluez n 2z, Apr 10, 2014
    #40
  11. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    rumor has it it may be part of a Crackdown early early build
     
    tohellnbak, Apr 10, 2014
    #41
  12. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    Until I see this working in the wild and not at a staged event I'll take it as a nice demo only. Want this type of thing to work as we'll benefit but not pinning any sort of hope on it yet.

    This just reminds me of the Milo demo for Kinect 1... that worked out well haha
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. Blitz23 NZ Win User

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    Until I see this working in the wild and not at a staged event I'll take it as a nice demo only. Want this type of thing to work as we'll benefit but not pinning any sort of hope on it yet.

    This just reminds me of the Milo demo for Kinect 1... that worked out well haha
  14. Galactic Geek Win User

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    Sorry, but I think these forums are starting to get to me - taking everything with a grain of salt and becoming suspicious about everything.

    Also, being on stage just makes him a puppet. :p
  15. WildChameleon Win User

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    @ Ghosts you missing me ? Lol
  16. Lofty Who Win User

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    I've said it before ..

    I really don't understand how it all works and probably never will but I've been extremely impressed with how the Cloud was used in Forza 5, Drivatars etc, I know it probably isn't classed as anything "major" but it changed racing games for me completely.

    So I'm hoping other developers use it in similar ways, on future racing titles, RPGs, FPS etc
  17. Burst Axe Win User

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    @Pyramid But I've been enjoying Titanfall since it launched. Well...when my friends schedule line up with mine anyway. I guess it being online only proves you wrong?

    Tell me what does being "less complex than 4" have to do with bad handling of Simcity as a whole? The games simplicity has nothing to do with poor management of server workload or whatever caused the downtime.

    You say look at history and I'm sure people making games are doing just that to avoid those problems. In fact, part of the reason Titanfall is only on MS products is to avoid those same problems. Maybe you should get your head out of the past and research
    what's actually happening TODAY.

    Aside from quitting games when Kinect signs someone else in, my Xbox One is all I asked it to be.
Thema:

Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

Loading...
  1. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) - Similar Threads - Cloud computing real

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  6. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  7. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  8. I can't play through Xbox Cloud on my computer

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't play through Xbox Cloud on my computer: I recently signed up for the service and I've been trying to play through the Cloud service on my computer for almost two hours and it simply doesn't work. It opens the loading screen with the...
  9. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

    in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  10. I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...: I think Xbox cloud gaming is down 5914dcc5-d07e-4221-b756-480acf3fd8b4