Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

Discus and support Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've said it before .. I really don't understand how it all works and probably never will but I've been extremely impressed with how the Cloud was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S73v3 N H4wk1n9, Apr 4, 2014.

  1. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )


    I've said it before ..

    I really don't understand how it all works and probably never will but I've been extremely impressed with how the Cloud was used in Forza 5, Drivatars etc, I know it probably isn't classed as anything "major" but it changed racing games for me completely.

    So I'm hoping other developers use it in similar ways, on future racing titles, RPGs, FPS etc
     
    Lofty Who, Apr 6, 2014
    #16
  2. Aww Bust Axe still is being cute.

    Fine, I'll be blunt: my point had nothing to with "server overload." You STILL have no idea do you? Here's a hint: why don't you look into what the online was supposed to do for Simcity?

    "Aside from quitting games when Kinect signs someone else in, my Xbox One is all I asked it to be."

    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

    "Oh Burst Axe, I'm so sorry I'm not..as good as the other girls.

    "It's okay Xbox-Oneechan, you are the best big sister ever. I don't care that you didn't make digital games cheaper for me and I can't share my games with my friends. I sill love you!!!!"

    "You say look at history and I'm sure people making games are doing just that to avoid those problems." In other news, Ms gives people on the Xbox One a free month of Xbox Live because of sign-in issues.
     
    Pyramid Head15, Apr 6, 2014
    #17
  3. @wilko download nothing try ping and jitter aswell and upload

    My online is perfect all the time Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) :)

    128 down

    0 jitter 5/6 ping
     
    MessiahBrowny, Apr 6, 2014
    #18
  4. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    @Wilk0: So I'm right then... The issue is not with Microsoft and the Cloud, but with the ISPs who are holding us back. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) ;)

    @Pyramid: Not all games will kick you back to the title-screen when someone else signs in - I believe it's dependent on the developers in this case. Some developers choose to have that happen in their game and others don't.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 6, 2014
    #19
  5. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    I was just reading about MS thinking about 360 emulation on X1 and found the following comment from Albert Penello very interesting and how it relates to all this Cloud talk:

    While Sony intends to support backwards compatibility using its Gaikai-powered PlayStation Now service, a Microsoft spokesperson said in November that a similar service is unlikely to come to the Xbox One, citing the difficulty of managing the quality
    of the service.


    "It's really cool and really problematic, all at the same time, insofar as it's really super cool if you happen to have the world's most awesome internet connection. It works way better
    than you'd expect it to," Albert Penello said at the time.


    So on one hand streaming games is only good if you have a great connection but on the other hand Cloud powered games is fine.

    I can see what they are doing with Forza and Titanfall being ok but anything requiring any sort of heavy lifting such as graphics or physics could be an issue with out the
    worlds most awesome internet connection.
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Apr 6, 2014
    #20
  6. @ Ghosts you missing me ? Lol
     
    WildChameleon, Apr 6, 2014
    #21
  7. The guy in the tee shirt doing the Cortana he looks like a stoner man way to go!
     
    WildChameleon, Apr 6, 2014
    #22
  8. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    Better hardware would also work
     
    RedEye Expr3ss, Apr 6, 2014
    #23
  9. Free xboxs came with free batteries... Lol just saying!

    Off to watch link now
     
    Listed mia 510, Apr 6, 2014
    #24
  10. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    @blitz big difference streaming a whole game as to bits of calculations in tiny packages to then be rendered locally. And Hardware built to do it at high speeds.
     
    RippenHarra, Apr 6, 2014
    #25
  11. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    Well I honestly hope the tech works because it sounds brilliant but I'll believe it when I see it. Have learnt over the many years gaming to never get your hopes up haha.
     
    Blitz23 NZ, Apr 6, 2014
    #26
  12. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    the cloud is just [Mod Removed] marketing name. it still requires physical servers farms for it to run, so 'the cloud' is only a hosted\virtual environment running on physical machines.

    All comes back to physical servers at the end of the day... end of discussion.
     
    iBakez, Apr 6, 2014
    #27
  13. JWSpeed
    JWSpeed Guest

    Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

    iBakez, Really, and to thing I really thought that all that data went into a real cloud.
     
    JWSpeed, Apr 6, 2014
    #28
  14. Hellfire IRL
    Hellfire IRL Guest
    Seems to be a common misunderstanding that the cloud 'requires' some kind of perfect connection, were in reality the actual packet data coming back from the cloud server is very small (data wise) - the 'power of the cloud' is the fact that it processes off
    site. If you can play Xbox Live you'll benefit from the cloud.

    It'll not make the Xbox One 3 x more powerful, that would require an amazing connection, but it will have a very noticable impact in the future.
     
    Hellfire IRL, Apr 7, 2014
    #29
  15. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    @JWSpeed - you'd be surprised mate, you really would

    The amount of server/telephony installs ive done from a 'cloud based service provider' solution where the customer actually thinks its going to a 'cloud' is unreal
     
    iBakez, Apr 7, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters )

Loading...
  1. Cloud computing is real ( for the doubters ) - Similar Threads - Cloud computing real

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  5. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  6. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...
  7. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  8. I can't play through Xbox Cloud on my computer

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't play through Xbox Cloud on my computer: I recently signed up for the service and I've been trying to play through the Cloud service on my computer for almost two hours and it simply doesn't work. It opens the loading screen with the...
  9. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

    in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  10. I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...: I think Xbox cloud gaming is down 5914dcc5-d07e-4221-b756-480acf3fd8b4