[closed/solved] 12 month Game Pass code from FanFest (metal card) "already redeemed"

Discus and support [closed/solved] 12 month Game Pass code from FanFest (metal card) "already redeemed" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, at the FanFest at the GamesCom 2017 in Cologne you got a metal card with a 12 months gold and a 12 month Game Pass code. The gold code worked.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UncleBenZ162, Mar 20, 2018.

1. UncleBenZ162
    UncleBenZ162 Guest

[closed/solved] 12 month Game Pass code from FanFest (metal card) "already redeemed"

Hello,

at the FanFest at the GamesCom 2017 in Cologne you got a metal card with a 12 months gold and a 12 month Game Pass code. The gold code worked. Now i wanted to play Sea of Thiefes and tried the Game Pass Code and i get the message it was already used. Short:
    Nobody ever - maybe exept the xbox crew - saw the code and could use it. It must be printed more that one time or got hacked. The first time i tried it said it was used somthing like 30-60 minutes ago. When i tried it again it says it was used at a time some
    minutes ago.

I couldnt find a support email address, so i dont just write the code here in the forums. Also i hope the category fits, because there is no really fitting category for this problem.

Sincerely,

:)

UncleBenZ162, Mar 20, 2018
  2. a code was redeemed when i tried to use it

hello.

on febuary 28th I got a 12 month Xbox game pass code from the FREEdom play-a-thon. when I went to add it to my account the day I go it. it said it was already redeemed can I get some help

Xx H34VYF1RE xX, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Trist
    Trist Guest
    Zoo Tycoon

I purchased and have received and redeemed the codes for the games but seem to be getting an error code trying to redeem the 12 Month Live code.

Xbos-0x80169CF9

Any ideas? It just suggests trying again later.

Trist, Mar 20, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You'll want to contact suppprt directly for assistance. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, Mar 20, 2018
  5. UncleBenZ162
    UncleBenZ162 Guest
    Until today i have no solution to this problem. The Code is still 'already redeemed' and the support chat is just not working for me (all scripts allowed, no ad blocker) it always says 'an error occured' (CV: KOqXcK//00aW08R6.9).

For sea of thiefes i used some 1-month game pass code cards, that were given out at the GamesCom but now i would like to play Forza Horizon 4 and of course im out of codes.

UncleBenZ162, Sep 28, 2018
  6. Hey UncleBenZ162!

So did you already download that game?

I would recommend if it states that you did indeed redeem it already, you might want to powercycle your console following the steps here on our site

How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console

If that does not resolve the issue, then you might need to redownload your profile so that all the licenses refresh.

To do that, follow the steps here
    How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One

Give that a shot and let us know if that helped in resolution of your issue!

Thanks

XBF Esteban R, Sep 28, 2018
  7. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    In this case, the only solution is to write to technical support or here to help the Microsoft worker, but it is better to solve it online with support. Because they ask for sensitive information.

Jurgen1488, Sep 28, 2018
  8. UncleBenZ162
    UncleBenZ162 Guest

Hi. Already the first time i tried to use my code it said it was already redeemed. I play on PC and on XBox. None of both devices had the 12 month Game Pass unlocked. If it had worked i would still have Game Pass or at least until last month, because it
    is a 12 month code. In the log i can only see the 1 month codes i used. The XBox was power cycled a lot of times since then. Account is not re-downloaded but since i can see its not activated in my account at the XBox website and on my PC i dont think it will
    help.

Support will be the only thing that can help but the online support just doesnt work. It does not load and shows errors. All. The. Time. Seems like its not supposed to work for me. Ok, now i remember i didnt try it with Edge until now. That will be my last
    chance.

UncleBenZ162, Sep 29, 2018
  9. UncleBenZ162
    UncleBenZ162 Guest
    Ok. Online Support (Chat) ist working with Edge. Remember this trick if you want to use it.

They were only able to tell me that the Code was redeemed in Sep. 2017. They cant tell you who redeemed it and they say they dont even know who redeemed it. (If they know, they could easily check if the person was registered and actually was scanned at the
    entrance of the fan fest and was actually able to have one of the fanfest codes.) They can send an email that tells that the Code was redeemed in Month/Year on a different account. You can show this email to your trader if you bought the code anywhere.

They cant send you another code even if you can prove that only you can be the only owner of this code.

Like in this case, where the code it printed on a metal card that i own - not sold as a digital code. (If you buy a code for cheap price in the internet of course thats your fault.)

As i showed the card nobody since i got it in the bag i got at the XBox FanFest i let it up to you to think who could have seen the code before me.

If you dont know FanFests - they are amazing. Microsoft/XBox really loves their fans and put a lot of money in this evening. There is free food and drinks, (loud) music, show, can try new or unreleased games at XBoxes and PCs and you get awesome stuff for
    free. Of course the tickets are rare (but also free!).

To make it even better of course i took time to answer the email how they can make it better. If i hand known about this little but aggravating point i would have recommended to not give out any Gold or GamePass codes but directly activate it on your account
    (as you have to register with gamertag and email anyway) when you enter the fanfest instead.

So this was a bitter aftertaste, but i can only recomment to try to get fanfest ticket. (And always redeem codes asap)

Thanks for your help to solve this problem.

UncleBenZ162, Sep 29, 2018
  10. XBF Brad A
    XBF Brad A Guest
    Hello Uncleben

I am sorry for all the frustration with the code. As you stated the code was redeemed 1 month after gamescon fanfest is it possible you redeemed on your account or another account. If it wasn't, you would have to get ahold of fanfest due to they are the
    ones who gave it to you. As far as I know support cant see who redeemed it. And they for sure cant know who all was at fanfest.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team

XBF Brad A, Nov 1, 2018
  11. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Uncleben

I am sorry for all the frustration with the code. As you stated the code was redeemed 1 month after gamescon fanfest is it possible you redeemed on your account or another account. If it wasn't, you would have to get ahold of fanfest due to they are the
    ones who gave it to you. As far as I know support cant see who redeemed it. And they for sure cant know who all was at fanfest.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Brad

Xbox Forum Team
  12. UncleBenZ162 Win User

Hi. Already the first time i tried to use my code it said it was already redeemed. I play on PC and on XBox. None of both devices had the 12 month Game Pass unlocked. If it had worked i would still have Game Pass or at least until last month, because it
    is a 12 month code. In the log i can only see the 1 month codes i used. The XBox was power cycled a lot of times since then. Account is not re-downloaded but since i can see its not activated in my account at the XBox website and on my PC i dont think it will
    help.

Support will be the only thing that can help but the online support just doesnt work. It does not load and shows errors. All. The. Time. Seems like its not supposed to work for me. Ok, now i remember i didnt try it with Edge until now. That will be my last
    chance.
  13. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hey UncleBenZ162!

So did you already download that game?

I would recommend if it states that you did indeed redeem it already, you might want to powercycle your console following the steps here on our site

How to restart or power cycle your Xbox One console

If that does not resolve the issue, then you might need to redownload your profile so that all the licenses refresh.

To do that, follow the steps here
    How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One

Give that a shot and let us know if that helped in resolution of your issue!

Thanks
  14. Smwutches Win User

You'll want to contact suppprt directly for assistance. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  15. UncleBenZ162 Win User

Ok. Online Support (Chat) ist working with Edge. Remember this trick if you want to use it.

They were only able to tell me that the Code was redeemed in Sep. 2017. They cant tell you who redeemed it and they say they dont even know who redeemed it. (If they know, they could easily check if the person was registered and actually was scanned at the
    entrance of the fan fest and was actually able to have one of the fanfest codes.) They can send an email that tells that the Code was redeemed in Month/Year on a different account. You can show this email to your trader if you bought the code anywhere.

They cant send you another code even if you can prove that only you can be the only owner of this code.

Like in this case, where the code it printed on a metal card that i own - not sold as a digital code. (If you buy a code for cheap price in the internet of course thats your fault.)

As i showed the card nobody since i got it in the bag i got at the XBox FanFest i let it up to you to think who could have seen the code before me.

If you dont know FanFests - they are amazing. Microsoft/XBox really loves their fans and put a lot of money in this evening. There is free food and drinks, (loud) music, show, can try new or unreleased games at XBoxes and PCs and you get awesome stuff for
    free. Of course the tickets are rare (but also free!).

To make it even better of course i took time to answer the email how they can make it better. If i hand known about this little but aggravating point i would have recommended to not give out any Gold or GamePass codes but directly activate it on your account
    (as you have to register with gamertag and email anyway) when you enter the fanfest instead.

So this was a bitter aftertaste, but i can only recomment to try to get fanfest ticket. (And always redeem codes asap)

Thanks for your help to solve this problem.

Thema:

1. [closed/solved] 12 month Game Pass code from FanFest (metal card) "already redeemed" - Similar Threads - closed solved month

2. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  3. My account was closed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was closed without my permission: If I try login into my account it says: "This microsoft account doesn't exist." However, when I try to make a new account wit the same email it says: ".... is already in a microsoft account. Use...
  4. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  5. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  6. my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing: my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing moments after opening it. I've tried all the usual fixes (rebooting the app, ending task in task manager and opening again, checking if the app needed updating,...
  7. On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing.: On Xbox series S the YouTube app keeps closing. I click to open and within 5-10 seconds it will close. For the few seconds it is open it is unresponsive. I have tried all the suggestions from...
  8. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  9. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

in XboX Insiders
    Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option: Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the inactivity timer. submitted by /u/MissingNerd...
  10. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...