Clone hard drive and Game Pass question

Discus and support Clone hard drive and Game Pass question in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just bought a new ssd and I was planning to move my windows install to it, but I was wondering if cloning drives still breaks Game Pass games? Has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aramaziakin, Dec 15, 2021.

1. aramaziakin
    aramaziakin Guest

So I just bought a new ssd and I was planning to move my windows install to it, but I was wondering if cloning drives still breaks Game Pass games? Has Microsoft fixed this or is there a way around it?

:)

aramaziakin, Dec 15, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

i have used acronis to completely backup the drive, sector by sector. have restored from that and worked ok.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

No no, you can do it. But, it sometimes, could cause a little conflict, I've seen it happen, but also, I've seen it working without any issues.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey aramaziakin, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Sometimes, it still happens, the ideal in this situation is to reinstall the windows on the new SSD. To prevent any future issues aramaziakin.
  5. aramaziakin Win User

So there's seriously no way to clone a drive and still have game pass games work properly?
  6. Syriel Win User

Downloaded full games appear as demo

Silly question, but is your hard drive an official MS hard drive? Or is it a 3rd party clone?
Thema:

1. Clone hard drive and Game Pass question - Similar Threads - Clone hard drive

2. If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?: I was think of cloning the internal ssd to a ssd with more storage and just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything preventing that. 072ac913-c1c7-4a5c-8c80-1bb42db108c9
  3. When will we be able to upgrade internal SSD without cloning as SSDs are starting to fail?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will we be able to upgrade internal SSD without cloning as SSDs are starting to fail?: as we are seeing SSDs in the next gen consoles are starting to fail me and im sure many want to upgrade our storage, why is this not implemented as you can do this with a PS5...
  4. I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open...: Hello, to whom this may concern: I just bought a larger SSD M.2 NVMe, cloned it but MSFS 2020 will not run. "MSFS can't open because it is offline. The storage might be missing or disconnected"....
  5. Cloned SSD to larger drive, now FS won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloned SSD to larger drive, now FS won't start: Hi, I have FS2020 (physical disc version) installed on a separate 256 SSD (drive G). The SSD was almost full so I cloned it to a 500Mb SSD. Windows loaded fine and could see the drive (still G)....
  6. Star Wars The Clone Wars port to Xbox 360 Splitscreen not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars The Clone Wars port to Xbox 360 Splitscreen not working.: Like in the header, the games split screen isn't wanting to work. It looks like they rendering layered player 1 on top of part of player 2 and both on top of player three and so on with 4. The...
  7. Clone an Xbox One external drive so I can swap it for another.

in XBoX on Windows
    Clone an Xbox One external drive so I can swap it for another.: Is it possible to clone my current Xbox external drive to replace it with another so I do not have to download everything again? fba76664-5d24-4f1a-b12b-b1dfe634c5c3
  8. Star wars the clone wars

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star wars the clone wars: Good evening/day Is anybody else having the same problem of not being able to purchase it?? PayPal keeps refunding me. c3d3dd4f-d9ba-43c5-8516-ef7974d83de9
  9. Neen help with Star Wars lll The Clone Wars

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neen help with Star Wars lll The Clone Wars: I don't use the other account anymore so i have to download the one i already have so i deleted my account then added it back that didn't work so how an i supposed to save the progress?...
  10. Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Hereos Launch client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Hereos Launch client: I got this game from steam, but apparently to play it I need to download something from the xbox page. The steam community linked the website but apparently the xbox page says it doesnt exist...