clock capacitor, orignal xbox

Discus and support clock capacitor, orignal xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an original xbox that I'm cleaning up. Unfortunately, when I removed the clock capacitor I knock off the small part #C7G6 Does anyone know if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MiniNinja9A, Dec 10, 2017.

1. MiniNinja9A
    MiniNinja9A Guest

I have an original xbox that I'm cleaning up. Unfortunately, when I removed the clock capacitor I knock off the small part #C7G6 Does anyone know if this is critical to the xbox. Can it still run properly without it?

:)

MiniNinja9A, Dec 10, 2017
  2. BattleMusta
    BattleMusta Guest
    My Xbox Red Ringed

Sorry to hear about your Xbox. I've seen this happen with other Xbox and typically it's been caused by corrosion on the motherboard. The clock capacitor is often the cause of this. Even if it's been removed there can be unseen damage to traces on the board. You can try to check on the board near the capacitor location for damage. Some small gauge wire and soldering could possibly fix. As Elite posted, YouTube is your friend so check there for hints on how to diagnose your Xbox. Hope yours is an easy fix

BattleMusta, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Capacitor SMD Xbox Classic

Hi!

I´m from Portugal and my english is not the best, so, I´m sorry if I will made a mistake.

So, I have a Xbox Classic. The version must be between 1.0 and 1.2 (of course it has the clock capacitor problem).

A few years ago, my Xbox was not working very well and after some research, I tried to disassembly my xbox to see the famous capacitor. And it was "broke". So, I change it. But unfortunately, I didn´t clean the motherboard very well. But my Xbox was working
    fine again!

This week, I turn on my Xbox after a few years and it was not working very well again. And I think to myself "It must be the capacitor I change, or something on motherboard I didn´t clean it". So, I disassembly the xbox again and the capacitor was fine. I clean
    the motherboard but unintentionally I took of 2 SMD capacitors (positions: C7G4 and C7G3). So, I tried to weld them, but it was very very difficult. I think I broke them with heat. And now, my xbox is with red/green light (on tv shows to contact support).

So, how can I know the value of those 2 smd capacitors? I searched on all internet for motherboard´s diagram and schematic but I didn´t find anything about xbox classic. Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Rafael

RenewedFrog2175, Dec 10, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. og xbox c7g6

2. original xbox smd capacitor