Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE!

Discus and support Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there fellow gamers and microsoft xbox employees. I would like to tell you a little about myself before making my case. I am big fan of halo. Ive... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ARC Damnation, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE!

Hello there fellow gamers and microsoft xbox employees. I would like to tell you a little about myself before making my case. I am big fan of halo. Ive played since halo ce 2001. I spent alot of time playing halo 2 on the original xbox live. Im much older
    now. I purchased an xbox one last year so me and my girl friend could relive those old halo2 memories. So much time had passed and so much has changed. My girlfriend and her family has got me back to gaming and im glad because i truly missed it. But looking
    back on halo reminds me why i begged my mom for an xbox and broadband so many birthdays ago. One of the original xbox live launch titles back in the day was unreal championship. That game and xbox live is the reason i play halo today. Unreal Championship was
    a slight let down to its predecessor Unreal Tournament 99. But halo came along and picked up the multiplayer fps arena where Unreal Tournament 99 left off. I was very young when i was introduced to ut99. It was a lan party. Everybody had there own pc. My young
    mind was blown away by it all. Unreal Tournament 99 is the reason im hooked on multiplayer FPS today. It is the reason I game. I bought a ps2 recently to play it but the ps2 was not powerful enough for UT99. Low frame rate. Multiplayer is splitscreen or ilink
    (a form of ps2 lan) and all the maps are downscaled. Split screen gets 2 game modes and maybe 8 maps. Half the game is missing. The ps2 version just couldnt stand up to the pc. (But XB1 can!) I bought Unreal Tournament GOTY (Game of the Year 99) off steam.
    In order to play the game on modern PCs the open gl must be updated (old direct X is well...too old) and one will have to add the line "FrameRateLimit=60" (doesnt have to be 60) under the OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevive in the UnrealTournament.ini file. This
    is almost to complicated for me but not for the guys at xbox. Im sure a pc port to xb1 online game store could take less than a few weeks. Maybe a few days even. I would gladly spend my hard earned money on it. ( Ive seen the new unreal not really impressed.
    I know im fine with old graphics and the community for unreal just wants ut 99 back. This would sell xb1's to all the pc junkies that still crave online carnage only UT99 can provide. FPS is loosing originality. Halo's multiplayer arena style and CODs came
    from unreal tournament. You know the announcer for multi kills and sprees? UT99 did that. Halo's original fan base was Unreal players. We owe what we have today to Unreal Tournament '99 the original fps gladiator bloodsport. Not the countless unreal seqeuls
    that kept letting us down before it eventually killed unreal by extinguishing UT99's former glory. Sounds like another franchise lol. But i dont want to get into that. All im saying i whether you play cod or halo some those multiplayer mechanics you love come
    from Unreal Tournament '99. This is an opportunity xbox should jump on. If anyone else would like to revisit history speak up. It would be awsome to see Unreal Tournament GOTY in the XB1 stores but, until then I'll be booting up the ol' ps2 to play with bots
    or shelling out the dough trying to build a pc to run the classic art. Thank you for your time and consideration.

:)

ARC Damnation, Sep 20, 2015
  2. Enix XIII
    Enix XIII Guest
    best fps OF ALL TIME!!!

Goldeneye, CoD 4 (modern day shooter) and Halo 2 OH also Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament (99)

^

best FPS ever

Enix XIII, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Mercianix
    Mercianix Guest
    Whats Your Favourite Game Of All Time And Why?

Unreal Tournament - Arena based FPS at its best.

Mercianix, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE!

I'd love to see a new Unreal Tournament. The original was awesome. Loved Unreal Championship 1 & 2 as well. Never played an Unreal game I didn't enjoy.

Unreal Warfare, Sep 21, 2015
  5. DeadFall526
    DeadFall526 Guest
    The one game where I found the AI to be far more superior then humans. Till this day I still play offline like a madman!

DeadFall526, Sep 21, 2015
  6. imnotgeoff
    imnotgeoff Guest
    I think the best you can hope for is UT3 being added to Back compat as so far,UT4 is only confirmed for PC.i doubt that Epic will rework a game that old for re-release.but head over to the epic/unreal forums and make your voice heard if enough fans speak
    up maybe,just maybe they will bring the new one out on XB1/PS4

imnotgeoff, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest
    We can pay homage to the classics but I don't think remakes or faithful ports would do well today. I'm not sure how the old boys Quake and Unreal stack up these days. Huge FPS franchises like CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny, and others, soon Battleborn...
    it's a competitive genre now.

Epic's focus on PC is a result of the failure of UT3. The development of that was focused on consoles, and it didn't do well against the new boys on those platforms, and since the PC version was basically constrained by the console focus, a port, it didn't
    do well with the crowd that should have dived all over it.

They could do a faithful remake tacked on, maybe. As with Doom 3 BFG with the old DOOMs in the collection. But they were already available on last-gen anyway, as Arcade games on 360 and such. Maybe with Xbox One and Windows 10 crossplay, perhaps UT4 could
    do something nobody is really doing yet and unite PC and consoles, and find a way back into the mainstream. Especially if the Xbox One has mouse and keyboard peripheral support.

Otherwise UT4 will probably thrive on PC without console versions and only huge success on PC will make console versions a thing a publisher would be interested in considering. So with that in mind, a faithful remake of the origial, or the old version made
    available... it's hard to see it happening.

I hope it does just for you though OP, it sounds like you're a huge fan. =)

Argontheos, Sep 22, 2015
  8. Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE!

It's funny how I posted this. Doom multiplayer is the closest I've seen to the classic arena setup for fps

ARC Damnation, Nov 1, 2018
  9. DeadFall526 Win User

Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE!

The one game where I found the AI to be far more superior then humans. Till this day I still play offline like a madman!
  10. Argontheos Win User

We can pay homage to the classics but I don't think remakes or faithful ports would do well today. I'm not sure how the old boys Quake and Unreal stack up these days. Huge FPS franchises like CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny, and others, soon Battleborn...
    it's a competitive genre now.

Epic's focus on PC is a result of the failure of UT3. The development of that was focused on consoles, and it didn't do well against the new boys on those platforms, and since the PC version was basically constrained by the console focus, a port, it didn't
    do well with the crowd that should have dived all over it.

They could do a faithful remake tacked on, maybe. As with Doom 3 BFG with the old DOOMs in the collection. But they were already available on last-gen anyway, as Arcade games on 360 and such. Maybe with Xbox One and Windows 10 crossplay, perhaps UT4 could
    do something nobody is really doing yet and unite PC and consoles, and find a way back into the mainstream. Especially if the Xbox One has mouse and keyboard peripheral support.

Otherwise UT4 will probably thrive on PC without console versions and only huge success on PC will make console versions a thing a publisher would be interested in considering. So with that in mind, a faithful remake of the origial, or the old version made
    available... it's hard to see it happening.

I hope it does just for you though OP, it sounds like you're a huge fan. =)
  11. Unreal Warfare Win User

I'd love to see a new Unreal Tournament. The original was awesome. Loved Unreal Championship 1 & 2 as well. Never played an Unreal game I didn't enjoy.
  12. ARC Damnation Win User

It's funny how I posted this. Doom multiplayer is the closest I've seen to the classic arena setup for fps
  13. imnotgeoff Win User

I think the best you can hope for is UT3 being added to Back compat as so far,UT4 is only confirmed for PC.i doubt that Epic will rework a game that old for re-release.but head over to the epic/unreal forums and make your voice heard if enough fans speak
    up maybe,just maybe they will bring the new one out on XB1/PS4
Thema:

1. Classical fps our Heritage!!!! Unreal Tournament 99 needs to be preserved on XB1 PLEASE! - Similar Threads - Classical fps Heritage

2. I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    I bought the classic game Psychonauts on the PC on the Xbox website to play it on the Xbox...: I don't know if support for the xbox 360 still continues, but I bought the first Psychonauts game through the official Xbox website and immediately ran to play the game that was added to my...
  3. Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the xbox 360 play xbox classic games? If yes what 360 ( like: arcade, premium, slim))do...: (( sorry for my bad english)) I have read that you can play xbox classic games om any 360. But is it true? Because i want to play Need for speed underground 2 ect...
  4. any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    any idea how to get rid of the classic gamertag?: i have changed my gamertag the old one still in use and it shows on both my profile and in game's it's also have set automatically as a classic gamertag the new one only shows on profile...
  5. WE Want Classic Call of Duty Titles to get a Fully Remastered!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WE Want Classic Call of Duty Titles to get a Fully Remastered!: Hi Now that Microsoft has taken over Activision We Want to see Classic call of duty Titles get a Fully Remaster. Even tho Activision has fixed the Cod servers there are still a Tone of Hackers on...
  6. XBOX OG CLASSIC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX OG CLASSIC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games please add OG XBOX ON NEXT GEN ? 600faafd-3f0b-456a-9fa7-c56977da25e3
  7. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  8. How do i change my classic gamertag into my new gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my classic gamertag into my new gamertag: I changed my username on the xbox 360 and i thought it would change on the xbox one. I go on the xbox one and it only changed my classic gamertag. why is this and how do i fix it? [img]...
  9. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?: as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money...
  10. Far Cry 3 Classic Edition FPS Boost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Far Cry 3 Classic Edition FPS Boost: I booted up far cry three classic edition on my series X today, and the second I got in the game was running horribly. I wondered why it was running horribly on my console if I had the newest one....