Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

Discus and support Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WOLF PACIFIER, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago but my Xbox account gamertag is still exist and I can't register new account with using same Xbox gametag.
    Can I somehow claim this gamertag again? My current Microsoft account is registered on same email address from same PC as my previous Microsoft account. I know they can't restore Microsoft account after 60 days but can they release my previous Xbox gamertag
    to use it for my new Xbox account?

:)

WOLF PACIFIER, Apr 24, 2019
  2. b5383026-82f5-41ba-b Win User

My Xbox account is not banned. When I closed Microsoft account it closed everything Microsoft related for my login. Otherwise I could login my old Xbox account and rename it or just use old Xbox account.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hello WOLF PACIFIER

In regards to recovering an old Gamer Tag to use as your current account, There is no definitive way of doing this. Microsoft will release the Tag approximately five years after no activity on the account, which will then allow you to be able to pick it
    up once more, but sometimes even then it may not be enough. There was one unique situation about four years where Microsoft did release millions of Gamer Tags that had been in limbo for years, in order for anyone to be able to claim those. They also provided
    one free Gamer Tag Switch [which you are normally limited to just one] so they would be able to pick that tag up without any disputes. This such incident was one that occurred only once in the 14 years before that.

If you wish to review this a bit further you can see that by reviewing our
    Microsoft Services Agreement
    and viewing under the section of "Xbox Live and Microsoft Studios Games and Applications>viii. Gamer Tag Expiration.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago but my Xbox account gamertag is still exist and I can't register new account with using same Xbox
    gametag. Can I somehow claim this gamertag again? My current Microsoft account is registered on same email address from same PC as my previous Microsoft account. I know they can't restore Microsoft account after 60 days but can they release my previous Xbox
    gamertag to use it for my new Xbox account?
    You do realize that deleting an ms account doesn't actually free up your name right?

It can take up to 5 years from when you last login

It probably wouldve been alot faster to do it the proper way

Change the name on the account holding it

Wait a couple months or maybe instant

Then change the name to the one you want

Now if you deleted the ms account because its permanately banned well you can never get that name account

Xbox accounts aren't the same as ms accounts

Ms accounts are for billing and logging in

They aren't your xbox account
  5. DemandingComa10 Win User

What do I do?

I am having the same issue. I had a previous gamertag associated with my current microsoft email address. In fact, i received xbox live rewards info as recently as the 16th referring to my old account. I picked up an xbox from a buddy and logged in using
    my windows account info (same email associated with the previous gamertag) and i was given a new one. It is incredibly frustrating.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Gamertag confusion

Hi

It is possible that this gamertag is tied to another Microsoft account that is not active on Xbox Live or the gamertag is one that had been withheld by Microsoft for another reason and this will prevent you from being to claim the gamertag.
Thema:

1. Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account - Similar Threads - Claim gamertag previous

2. I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?: So I linked my old Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft/Xbox about a year ago which uses my username that I have used for years. My old Minecraft account is no longer accessible due to linking...
  3. XBOX Gamertag - How to claim an old gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Gamertag - How to claim an old gamer tag: I created a gamertag years ago, when the xbox360 first came out and played for years on this one account, LadyAssKicker. I changed to another platform and have forgotten the login details for this...
  4. How do I claim a gamertag that I know has been inactive for 5 years and meets all the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I claim a gamertag that I know has been inactive for 5 years and meets all the...: There's a gamertag that I want however it has been taken but I know that it hasn't been active for over the five year mark so how would I go about aquiring it? 924c9f49-7aa8-455f-9408-8ff2661c696b
  5. Gamertag Claim

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Claim: Hello, my name is Aaron by i go by “Gutss” online I have a long story but to sum it all up i was gone from xbox for a while due to my living situation and wanted to know if i will be able to...
  6. Claim a Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Claim a Gamertag: My gamertag is BrokenVessei. I would like to claim the gamer tag BrokenVessel, which seems to be inactive, if all possible. 14481e07-f386-4284-9fca-000db6cfadf3
  7. I want to claim an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to claim an inactive gamertag: So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those inactive gamertag will be available to claim....
  8. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?: Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is...
  9. Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else: Hello, I would like to know if I can claim a Gamertag that I reserved on another Xbox account. Is that possible? Here's the story: A while back, before getting an Xbox, I decided that I should...
  10. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...