Cisco Cisco DPQ 3212: Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss

Discus and support Cisco Cisco DPQ 3212: Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Cisco (Modems/Gateways) Cisco DPQ 3212 (Modem): Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss Hello Awilliams214, Thank you... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Awilliams214, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Awilliams214
    Awilliams214 Guest

Cisco Cisco DPQ 3212: Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss

Cisco (Modems/Gateways) Cisco DPQ 3212 (Modem): Xbox one connected to router with ethernet having constant packet loss
    Hello Awilliams214,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We recommend utilizing the article entitled

I Get An Error Message
    in order to resolve the issue. There is a section on the article that says, "You have high packet loss." Be sure to let us know the results!

:)

Awilliams214, Oct 21, 2018
  2. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest
    Cisco Cisco DPQ 3212: Device Manual

Cisco (Modems/Gateways) Cisco DPQ 3212 (Modem): Device Manual
    Device Manual

Click
    here
    to go to a manual for this device.

XB1R Athena, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Scabies R Us
    Scabies R Us Guest
    High upload packet loss = Docsis3 + Xbox one (confirmed)

Hello,

I just wanted to get the word out that anyone experiencing high upload packet loss should see if they are using a DOCSIS 3 modem. I ran every combination of equipment and networks I could find, and here are the results

Using various computers (2 Win7 64 laptops, 1 XP laptop, 1 Ipad2, 1 very old XP PC), I could get no packet loss using my existing network...which is a Cisco D3 cable modem (Cox) and a WD MyNet900 router. Using the Xbox One on the same setup, it shows high
    upload packet loss in the 29% range.

I ran the Xbox through my verizon 4g hotspot on my Droid 4, no packet loss.

I went direct to modem with the Xbox and the D3 modem, 29% packet loss.

I took the Xbox to my work, which is a Cox business account using a Docsis 2 modem. 0% packet loss.

I took the Xbox to my parents' house, which is on Cox with the same Cisco Docsis 3 modem, high packet loss again.

I changed my Cisco D3 modem to a Motorola D3 modem at my house, and high packet loss again. Both the Motorola and Cisco modems have the latest firmware.

On a hunch, the cable tech from Cox brought out a Docsis 2 modem to try, and it works consistently at 0% upload packet loss.

The only combination of variables in the equation that results in high packet loss is using a Docsis 3 modem with the Xbox One. Computers and other equipment have no problems using either of the D3 modems, The Xbox One has no problem using various networks
    and different routers and modems, as long as they are NOT Docsis 3. If you hook the Xbox One to a D3 modem, it consistently runs between 1% to 29% upload packet loss.

Please pass the word. There is something they don't like about each other, and I would like to go back to my D3 modem soon to get my speeds back to where I want them. One more update the Xbox One needs badly. Thank you.

Scabies R Us, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Awilliams214
    Awilliams214 Guest

Also I just recently purchased the netgear router after having the apple router. So it is a new router with no issues. I've also tried using a different xbox with no difference in the packet loss. After trying all different troubleshooting issues, I'm
    leaning more towards the modem being the issue but not quite sure.

Awilliams214, Oct 21, 2018
  5. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Hello Awilliams214,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We recommend utilizing the article entitled

I Get An Error Message
    in order to resolve the issue. There is a section on the article that says, "You have high packet loss." Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: