Cincinnati Bell: Xbox one wireless card not working

Discus and support Cincinnati Bell: Xbox one wireless card not working in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Cincinnati Bell (ISPs): Xbox one wireless card not working Hi Jonathan, Thanks again for keeping us updated! Since the soft reset is out of the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by jonathanpecany, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Cincinnati Bell: Xbox one wireless card not working

Cincinnati Bell (ISPs): Xbox one wireless card not working
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks again for keeping us updated! Since the soft reset is out of the question, please try this.

Please try changing the console to
    Energy saving mode.
    To change this setting:

1. Press the
      Xbox button to open the guide (Don't hold the Xbox Button on the controller)
    2. Select
      System >Settings
    3. Select
      Power & startup
      >Power mode & startup.
    4. Select
      Power mode
      to change the setting to
      Energy-Saving
    Next:

1. Make sure the ethernet cable is plugged into the correct port
    2. Hard power cycle
      the console
    3. When the console starts up, go to the Network settings (Xbox Button > System > Settings > Network > Network Settings)
    4. Check to see if there is a hardware error message.

I hope this information helps!

:)

jonathanpecany, Oct 6, 2018
  2. FxNow app

When I go to activate the FXNow app on my Xbox One, I receive an error message saying Brookwood Retirement community does not currently have access to the FXNow app. The funny thing is I never selected Brookwood Retirement community; I selected Cincinnati
    Bell Fiioptics, and Brookwood is the option in the drop down box above Cincinnati Bell... and yes I am sure that the dozen different times I have tried I have selected Cincinnati Bell Fioptics, it even says my selection until I hit enter. I have also sent
    emails to the FXnow app support (with no replies) I would really like to use this app but am unable too. The Parent company FoxNow app works great.

xxChefDEATHxx, Oct 6, 2018
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    M3tal Daz3, Oct 6, 2018
  4. denis97g
    denis97g Guest

have you tried powercycling your console?

denis97g, Oct 6, 2018
  5. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Hello!

Does your Xbox work when plugged in via a network cable? Have you done any troubleshooting for the wifi such as hard resetting your xbox, rebooting your networking equipment, etc.?

Tormaz, Oct 7, 2018
  6. I have troubleshoot it and it said that hardware is not working or something like that and told me to visit xbox.com/xboxone/repair and did the whole process and cannot get it too work. I literally tried everything from the forums here and don't know what to
    do because I bought myself an xbox live card on Friday and the internet stopped working yesterday so therefore I want a refund for it if it continues not to work. I spent $25 on it as well.

jonathanpecany, Oct 7, 2018
  7. Sp4rkl0n
    Sp4rkl0n Guest
    Does your Xbox detect your Wireless Network?

Sp4rkl0n, Oct 7, 2018
  8. Cincinnati Bell: Xbox one wireless card not working

Well...maybe...I don't really know...it might not be able to detect it and just say that it isn't working because there might not be an error message to detect it but it seems logical of why. It might not be able to detect it. What error message would it
    say if it couldn't detect it?

9. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest
    Hello Jonathan,

In order to set up a repair you can visit our
    device support website
    . Alternatively you can contact us to speak
    with a live agent. Be sure to say "no thanks" to the virtual agent in order to request a call back

Xbox support will not be able to refund xbox live cards purchased from a 3rd party retailer.

Hope this helps!

XBF Chris J, Oct 7, 2018
  10. There is nothing there that can help me, I already visited that and nothing can help me. And I already contacted them and nothing, I need help with. Can anyone help me.

11. Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for keeping us updated in regards to the console not connecting to the network. Since it provided the
    error message that there is a hardware problem, troubleshooting will not be as effective. In this case please file for a repair with our team.

As provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:

Contact Us

It's going to ask if you want help from the virtual agent select
    no thanks,pick the category(Games)and
    just pick a contact method (request a call from support or Chat is faster).

Hope this helps a bit more.

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 7, 2018
  12. I tried and also did I mention it says that it is wired but now, how come it does that. and I troubleshoot it and it says that it doesn't have a valid IP address as well. Also could I somehow share the network on my computer to go to the xbox through ethernet
    like kind of using the mobile hotspot almost?

13. Cincinnati Bell: Xbox one wireless card not working

I have edited my thread of what I think happened to read that please.

jonathanpecany, Oct 8, 2018
  14. XBF Jeremy Z
    XBF Jeremy Z Guest
    Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for contacting Forum support!

Thank you for keeping us updated in regards to the console not connecting to the network. Since it provided the
    error message that there is a hardware problem, I recommend a

Soft Reset: Keep games and apps.

This will allow the console to resynch the
    information and set it to a default, but should there be an issue then do a full reset.

Please make sure you know your email and password information since this will remove the accounts from the
    console.

Should the issue remain, then please file for a repair with our team as
    provided in the post above.

The best way to reach Live Support would be here:

Contact Us

It's going to ask if you want help from the virtual agent select
    no thanks, pick the category(Games)and just pick a contact method (request a call from support or Chat is faster).

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

XBF Jeremy Z, Oct 8, 2018
  15. hackhar
    hackhar Guest
    You could do hotspots, but it would drain the data.

hackhar, Oct 8, 2018
Thema: