chrome cast connection to xbox

Discus and support chrome cast connection to xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I plugged my chromecast into my xbox but am not finding its connection anywhere. Why is the chromecast not showing up when i go to google home on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlyciaBell, Jun 26, 2020.

1. AlyciaBell
    AlyciaBell Guest

I plugged my chromecast into my xbox but am not finding its connection anywhere. Why is the chromecast not showing up when i go to google home on my phone? What is the correct way to connect chromecast to xbox ? step by step.

:)

AlyciaBell, Jun 26, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

you need the oneguide app for xbox from the xbox store
  3. Smwutches Win User

It's honestly been so long since I set mine up that I'm not sure. They've changed the name of it since then too, but the setup screen for the Chromecast would tell you where to go.
  4. AlyciaBell Win User

They are now advertising that you can put the chrome cast directly into an xbox hdmi in port and use this for gaming purposes. I am trying to use this to cast to my oculus quest to play fortnite VR. Ive watched youtube videos of it but my one guide is
    not working the way it should apparently.
  5. AlyciaBell Win User

Which chromecast app? I have an iphone so in my app store there is chromcast stream and tv cast for chromecast?
  6. SammieChaos Win User

Im not 100% sure if you can connect chrome cast to the xbox and use it like that.

However if youre trying to cast a video or movie to the Xbox I do believe you can do so through the wireless display app on Xbox. You may need to search it through the store.

I haven’t casted anything to my Xbox in a while, so I do hope my memory serves me well. Please let me know if it worked for you! :)
Thema:

1. chrome cast connection to xbox - Similar Threads - chrome cast connection

2. How can I install Google Chrome on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I install Google Chrome on my Xbox series x: can i install Google Chrome browser on my Xbox series x cbb023e8-ed64-4284-a214-b7441108606c
  3. Can i cast chrome on pc to my xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Can i cast chrome on pc to my xbox?: i want to watch tv in my living room using piracy websites on my pc (because google can have ad blockers) and i would rather not use a chromecast on just my tv because i cant use headphones with a...
  4. XCloud gaming iPadOS Safari AND Chrome won’t allow me to sign in.

in XBoX Accessibility
    XCloud gaming iPadOS Safari AND Chrome won’t allow me to sign in.: [img] [img] I was playing just fine yesterday but after logging out I’ve only been getting this error. I have already cleared cookies/browsing data to no avail. I can’t even log in on my phone....
  5. Controller Issue: XCloud via Chromium based browsers (MS Edge or Google Chrome) and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Issue: XCloud via Chromium based browsers (MS Edge or Google Chrome) and...: Just reporting a 100% reproduceable issue with XCloud and Chromium based browsers and the official Xbox Series X controller. When trying to play via Chromium based browser and using an Xbox...
  6. Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome

in XboX Insiders
    Strange issue when trying to load Xbox.com/play from within Chrome: When I load up Xbox.com/play on Chrome and login all of the games are grayed out and I can’t select anything. I am an ultimate subscriber. It works fine on my phone, but is failing on my Android...
  7. Use a gift card for the google chrome extension 'keyboard and mouse for Xbox xcloud'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Use a gift card for the google chrome extension 'keyboard and mouse for Xbox xcloud': Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to pay the $4 on this extension with a gift card called (the perfect gift card). Thanks 79f082b4-20fe-4834-8ea4-aaddf193e219
  8. My Roblox from the chrome wont start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Roblox from the chrome wont start.: When im joining a Roblox game. Roblox is loading but after its done, it wont join into the game i selected 1f80c606-fffc-43d3-9dda-ce93c199124d
  9. Help me set up Google Chrome I have a problem setting up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help me set up Google Chrome I have a problem setting up: Help me set Google Chrome I have been having a problem 6ba75b87-137e-45bf-ae87-b6b6f06d1835
  10. Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore: Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore. I have all the latest updates on my devices, but Chrome can't see my Xbox anymore for some reason. All my devices are on...