Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

Discus and support Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by minis1000, Nov 25, 2023.

1. minis1000
    minis1000 Guest

Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the sound and chat on my end is perfect.

is there a fix for that problem? How can i use both devices at once without any problems?

Thank you so much

:)

minis1000, Nov 25, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi Minis1000, my name is Jose and it is my pleasure to help you.

Please ensure that the firmware on your Xbox Wireless Headsets is updated using the following procedure:

1. Connect the headphones via a USB-C cable to a PC.

2. Open the app called Xbox Accessories. In case you do not have it installed, you can install it from the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/p/xbox-accessories/9nblggh30xj3

To check if your headset firmware is up to date, click the (...) button on the headset setup screen. If a new update is available, select Update now to update your headphones. (Even if no update is available, you can also select Update now to reinstall the latest firmware.) This may take a few minutes; Leave the headset on, motionless, and near the PC until the update is complete.

3. Check if the problem persists.

NOTE: In case you want to update them from your console, then do it through the Accessories application in the Settings menu: Profile and system > Settings > Devices and connections > Accessories.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/efea0cf0-10f3-4a50-be6b-4f8a67c3471d

I hope this information is useful for you.

Greetings,
    Jose.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

XBOX controller headset/microphone/headphones audio devices on windows 10 PC

for a headset to work through the xbox controller on pc it (the controller) has to be wired or using the xbox wireless adapter, audio passthrough is not supported via bluetooth.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Pad XBOX ONE S Windows 10

Hi Diabelnyy,

Unfortunately it's not possible to connect your headset via Bluetooth, unless your headset or headphones have built in Bluetooth. If the headset's are Bluetooth capable, then you would need to set them up via your PC's Bluetooth settings, but I'm not sure
    if you can have multiple devices connected via Bluetooth at the same time.

You would need to directly connect the headset to your PC via the 3.5 mm audio port. Connecting into the controller will not work unless you are playing on an Xbox One console.

The Xbox wireless controller adapter for PC will not work in trying to connect a headset via Bluetooth.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

not able to use headphones through 3.5 mm jack connected to xbox one controller when the controller is connected to pc via bluetooth

Is it possible to use the headphones via 3.5 mm jack connected to XBOX controller when the controller is connected to PC via bluetooth?
    Hi,

I'm afraid not, it's a limitation of using Bluetooth to connect the controller to a PC:

Take from the
    official support link

Things to keep in mind:

·
    For best performance, update your controller.

·
    Bluetooth is supported on PCs, tablets, and laptops. It is not supported on mobile devices.

·
    Bluetooth doesn’t support attachments such as headsets, chatpads or the Xbox Stereo Adapter.

·
    We recommend connecting only one controller at a time using Bluetooth.
Thema:

1. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC - Similar Threads - Choppy Chat while

2. Help! When in a party, others say that my headset sounds choppy.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! When in a party, others say that my headset sounds choppy.: These are some solutions I have tried so far. Originally, I thought it was a headset or controller issue, so I tried to switch my controller and headset but this did not change anything. I then...
  3. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  4. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  5. My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox clips are choppy and I've tried some suggestions and they don't work at all: So I've tried bumping up my resolution and that doesn't seem to work and I've tried to keep it at 1440 and that doesn't seem to work and I don't know what to do now....
  6. Why is my AC Mirage choppy like frames frequently drop while moving around Baghdad??(on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my AC Mirage choppy like frames frequently drop while moving around Baghdad??(on...: Why is my AC Mirage choppy like frames frequently drop while moving around Baghdad?? b3e0a23c-1a9f-475b-8e42-0a7a5d189618
  7. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle: I'm still not seeing a solution to this. I just switched over to PC. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox Dongle so that I could use my Xbox Wireless Controller and Wireless Heaset without having to use...
  9. How to fix choppy headphone audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix choppy headphone audio: I recently got a new Xbox series x and ever sense I got it I have been having problems with the audio on a and off seeming at random. I used different controller and headsets and it still randomly...
  10. Prof. Answer needed: Win11 Xbox GameBar Party Voice Audio Chat choppy and distorted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Prof. Answer needed: Win11 Xbox GameBar Party Voice Audio Chat choppy and distorted: Hello everybody, I'm here for advice of how to solve my problem (which is like a riddle from the Greek mythology and only the Best can succeed). I have a full modern Win11-PC with all the...