China Region lock added to my XBox without permission

Discus and support China Region lock added to my XBox without permission in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have used my XBox One for several years with Region set to Canada and language set to English. It was purchased outside China. During a recent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris Gnida, May 2, 2023.

1. Chris Gnida
    Chris Gnida Guest

I have used my XBox One for several years with Region set to Canada and language set to English.

It was purchased outside China.

During a recent update the location was changed to China and the language to Chinese.

I can't change these.

I did a system reset and an online reset.

The location is still China and the language is still Chinese.

How do I switch it back to Canada?

:)

Chris Gnida, May 2, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Unable to purchase live game with gold free game.

China is a xbox support region you have to set it to china

Most xbox m rated or triple a titles are region locked
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox 360 games on Xbox One

Gears of war 2 and judgement wasn't region locked but gears 1 and 3 are including the bans in China and Germany and japam

This can affect your games with gold and most 360 games as region locks tend to be added to triple a titles
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Microsoft Store无法下载地平线4,错误代码0x803f001 [Microsoft Store can't download Horizon 4, error code 0x803f001]

Hi ZhenheZhang,

If a game is region locked you will not be able to play it. The code you are getting is because the game is probably not meant for your region
    My region is China.Is China locked?

If the game does not show up under your region without you having to change to another region then it is not available.

If the game is available in your region and you change the region the game maybe unplayable because it is locked to that region. Lots of the games are region locked so you will need to make sure you are downloading games for your region.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

My Xbox is region locked after resetting. How to unlock it?

You cannot change the region on a China locked system. It's only for use within China
  6. ZhenheZhang Win User

Microsoft Store无法下载地平线4,错误代码0x803f001 [Microsoft Store can't download Horizon 4, error code 0x803f001]

Hi ,

If a game is region locked you will not be able to play it. The code you are getting is because the game is probably not meant for your region
    My region is China.Is China locked?
Thema:

1. China Region lock added to my XBox without permission - Similar Threads - China Region lock

2. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  3. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  4. Will a Xbox wireless headset from China work with Xbox Series X from Australia?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a Xbox wireless headset from China work with Xbox Series X from Australia?: Simple question really, I’m interested in the Starfield headset but it’s sold out in Australia, if I was to purchase one from China will it work without any issues? Thanks...
  5. Xbox 360 in China

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 in China: Hi, I bought an Xbox 360. When I connect to Xbox Live, it forces the console into Chinese and says this region doesn't support Xbox Live. But I play online with my Xbox Series X without this...
  6. How do I unlock more regions and languages on my Xbox one if locked in china region and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unlock more regions and languages on my Xbox one if locked in china region and...: I formatted my Xbox one console, but when I formatted it, it became Chinese and it is only locked in one region and language.. it also needs a besTv number which I don't know or have cause I'm...
  7. How to unlock region in China now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to unlock region in China now?: I used to unlock region by file named $ConsoleRegion0,which is invalid now. How could I break the **** region-lock now T^T 5d89a868-2c53-4664-91a6-2ae275ec8673
  8. How to break xbox region lock in China

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to break xbox region lock in China: My xbox one x is region locked in China. There used to be a backdoor to bypass it with offline update. There was a update in May which blocks offline update. So now I basicly got a broken xbox,...
  9. China region locked on console xBox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    China region locked on console xBox one: I am a German, living in China and here I bought an xBox one. during setup I can only choose China as region AND language. I thought the xBox is not longer region locked in China. I tried to...
  10. Xbox One games are region blocked in China.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One games are region blocked in China.: As of 17 FEB 2017, Xbox One games are (most definitely ARE) region blocked in China. I'm intending two things with this post. First, I hope to inform anyone who might benefit from this...