child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child...

Discus and support child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Over the past few weeks I've spent several days trying to figure this out. Using Minecraft on a Switch. Wanted to allow my son to play with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by superearthling, Mar 29, 2020.

1. child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child...

Hello,

Over the past few weeks I've spent several days trying to figure this out.

Using Minecraft on a Switch. Wanted to allow my son to play with friends. My understanding is that if friends are not connecting through the same router then the correct approach is to select "joinable cross-platform friends". After some effort, I realized
    that a requirement for this was to get my child a Xbox live child account under my account. Did that. Still could not connect with hopefully minecraft friends.

Engaged with Xbox online chat, which was not worth the time. Really extremely useless. I'm shocked by how completely worthless. I suspect it was AI, but that might have actually performed better. The one suggestion I was able to get from the chat is that
    to add friends for my child, I would need to turn off all restrictions or unblock my child's child account. That left me floored. Does Bill G. know this is what his company is doing? Maybe I misunderstood the chat. In any case, I signed on to my account on
    a PC and unblocked everything under my child's account. Still no success.

Any guidance is appreciated.

In a related issue. Now that my child has there own account I'm not able to link this Xbox live account their Xbox 360 profile. Again spend significant time with this and complete failure.

Help with this would also be appreciated.

:)

superearthling, Mar 29, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. superearthling Win User

child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child to play with

Hello Futsukayoi Desu,

It is an Xbox 360 that we are using and I see now that the "better together" version of Minecraft is not available for this console.

Nevertheless, I figured out how to add my son's Xbox live account to the console. However, using the console I am unable to make changes that address the "friends" issue that I am having.

Using a PC, I sign into my xbox live account. Go to my "xbox profile". Go to my "privacy settings" which brings me to the "Privacy & online safety" page. From this I see two heading options, one for me and another for my son. I select my son's and then "Xbox
    360 Online Safety
    ". It is not clear on this new page what I need to change in order to allow my son to play with friends. Also, in the Switch interface in Minecraft when my son selects either an option under the "Friends" or "Servers" he gets the message
    "You cannot add friends because of how your Microsoft account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on aka.ms/accountsettings. However, as you see that is where I'm going to make changes and it is not clear what change is
    necessary. Best, Franz
  4. futsukayoi desu Win User

child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child to play with

You need to go into the settings on the xbox and go to child account it has pre set modes each one has more limiting facilities to limit what a child can do if you select custom it keeps the pre settings you set but you can then modify them, once in custom
    there is one for online games and it should have an option for multiplayer to allow this should work. Hope this points you in the right direction
  5. ngocphi Win User

No way to stop purchase of points, while still allowing multiplayer play

[table][tr]Online Gameplay [td]Decide whether or not a child can connect to Xbox LIVE and play games with other Xbox LIVE players including friends.Only child accounts have this setting. [/td][td]
    • Allowed
    • Blocked
    [/td][/tr][tr]Accept Friend RequestsIf set to Blocked, the adult account must approve all friend requests. [td]Decide whether or not a child can accept Xbox LIVE friend requests without parental approval. Friend requests act like a contact list and also change what information can be seen on Xbox LIVE.Only child accounts have this setting. [/td][td]
    • Allowed
    • Blocked
    [/td][/tr][tr]Purchasing [td]Decide whether or not a child can purchase items on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, such as arcade games, game add-ons, and other items.Only child accounts have this setting. [/td][td]
    • Allowed
    • Blocked
    [/td][/tr][/table]

this is the setting you want
  6. AdrianRoberts1 Win User

Use of multiple headsets on single XBox

Yes, when I go into Settings and Profile on my account it is set as the home console and says it allows others to use the games and xbox live etc. This works fine for the first child to sign in, he connects to games and chat with friends happily. When
    the second child joins in though he cant then hear any chat (although can hear game play e.g. FIFA commentary). Doesthe second child need their own Xbox Live account, and if so does this need to be with them or can I just simply buy another subscription on
    my account?
Thema:

child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child...

1. child's account connecting Xbox profile with Xbox live account to add friends for my child... - Similar Threads - child's account connecting

2. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  3. Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?: My American (adult) freind has gifted me this game and it has never delivered! 40 euros doen thr drain! Please help me with changing any parental controls settings regarding receiving gifts...
  4. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  5. Child Account- Friends- Ipad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child Account- Friends- Ipad: I have opened now about 15 different pages, downloaded apps and still cannot find any button that allows my child to add friends to their iPad. I’ve tried PC, from my phone and from her iPad and...
  6. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  7. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  8. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  9. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  10. my child cannot connect himself... it's the 2nd time it happens in a few months. My account is ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my child cannot connect himself... it's the 2nd time it happens in a few months. My account is ...: Sorry for the bad english... I can connect myself but my child cannot. It's the 2nd times it happens in 2 months. last time he had to create a new account and he lost everything on the old one...