Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account?

Discus and support Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hiya, basically my son is on his Dad's microsoft account as family (child, just turned 13), we want to know if we can get him his own Xbox live account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ChellyK, Mar 16, 2022.

1. ChellyK
    ChellyK Guest

Hiya, basically my son is on his Dad's microsoft account as family (child, just turned 13), we want to know if we can get him his own Xbox live account yet because they clash alot when playing at the same time on different xboxes, get each other requests to join party's and they also want to play the same game together. Will my son lose all his progress on his games by doing this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

ChellyK, Mar 16, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

He can have an account at any age. Since he's under 18 it just means you, as the parent, agree to the terms of service on his behalf.
  3. ChellyK Win User

What age can you have a Microsoft account from?

Basically we want to take him off my husband microsoft account and give him his own if we can, have him set up so we don't have to worry about him losing all of his progress when he's older, is this possible yet or is he too young at 13.

It's such a shame that he has to start again after building all of his worlds, spending money on skins etc for minecraft and other games that he has saved up for himself.

He needs his own account with xbox game pass because what ever we do (already set new xbox as home etc) the invites etc all happen on my sons xbox and when my son gets an invite it won't allow him to join a game because his dad is playing.

We just don't want him to have one attached now as what's the point, he'll work his little socks off, build galore again only for it to be deleted when he turns 18 or leaves home etc. It's not really fair he's spent the last 5 years or so for him to lose it all again as microsoft is not migrating accounts that are attached to emails. He's already had to lose it once already.
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hi, ChellyK,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. I am happy to help answer your questions about Xbox live accounts and create a new one for your child.

Will my son lose all his progress on his games? Unfortunately, because he was playing under your husband's Microsoft account, those saves are tied to that specific account. There is no migration of data over to a new account.

We want to know if we can get him his own Xbox live account. Yes, you can create an Xbox Live account for him. Let me provide you with additional information that explains child accounts. Create a child account and add family members on Xbox.

You can also share your Xbox Live Gold with family, and here is how.

Sharing your Xbox Live Gold subscription

Designate a home Xbox

The first time you sign into an Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One and save your password, that console becomes your home Xbox. Your home Xbox lets you share games and content with other people who sign into it with their profile.

To play the same game, you will need to purchase two copies.

Your son can then provide his GamerTag to his friends.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello Chellyk,

You can make a child account at any age for your child. On the migrating of accounts, unfortunately there is no way to remove content from Microsoft accounts and migrate them over. You can Game Share, meaning that if there were any games purchased on his father's account, they can share the games and not have to repurchase them. That process can be done by

Designate a home Xbox

The first time you sign into an Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One and save your password, that console becomes your home Xbox. Your home Xbox lets you share games and content with other people who sign into it with their profile.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as "Answered."
  6. EdgecombParent Win User

Fortnite Cross-play with Child Accounts

I have also troubleshooted this issue in thorough with as many combinations and scenarios as I can think of.

As Brad from MS and someone else has stated, the issue is definitely on the birth date the xbox account is initially created on.

If the xbox account is initially created with a birth date that is 12 yrs of age or younger, that account will NOT have access to cross-platform.

If the xbox account is initially created with a birth date of 13 yrs of age or older, that account WILL have access to cross-platform.

I have 2 child accounts that I created just to troubleshoot this and those were my findings. Modifying the birth dates after the initial creation of the xbox profile, will NOT affect the out come of access to cross-platform.

Hopefully MS will be able to remedy this soon, or I'm just going to have to mange 2 xbox child accounts at a time just to allow cross-platform play for Fortnite.
    So let me get this straight ... does it have to do with the age when the account is set up or their actual age? My son is 12 and we set up his account with his actual, correct age. He turns 13 later this month. Are you saying that when he turns 13 magically
    cross-platform Fortnite will be a reality? Or because he was set up when he was 11 or 12 he's locked out forever as long as his account is a child account? So we would have to start all over with an adult Microsoft account and an adult Epic account?

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account? - Similar Threads - Child turn live

2. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  3. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  4. Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...: My old microsoft account was "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" but after it was changed I was unable to log back in. Since my minecraft account was connected to...
  5. Hello, how do I turn off child restriction from my console?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, how do I turn off child restriction from my console?: Hello, how do I turn off child restriction from my console? I got a new console and I unknowingly set it up as a kid's console, now my apps are restricted and I can't pair with other gamers. How...
  6. How to turn off Child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to turn off Child account: I have had this Xbox one S since I was in middle school... now I'm In college. I want to keep this account but I don't know how to turn off "child account". 036b1d5b-8ae5-4d59-b485-982f624faa2d
  7. cant turn off child account/parental control

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant turn off child account/parental control: ive tried leaving the family group, updating my age, and did everything i found through the forums and online and still hasnt worked 1b28b578-7a3e-4e17-a04d-b8b76f69ac7e
  8. How do u turn off child mode

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do u turn off child mode: How do you turn off child mode on Xbox one, my kid is 17 and it won’t Let him play multiplayer bc of the child safety 2f6a3896-29ae-407d-9125-64be75983c9a
  9. How to turn off child restrictions without using the xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to turn off child restrictions without using the xbox?: I am having issues where it says I can't install certain games because of "age restriction" issues with my account, which is frustrating as I am 30 years old and never had age restrictions...
  10. Is there a way to turn a child account into an adult account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to turn a child account into an adult account: Hi so my son has an account that im hooked up to as his parent account but he was trying to play apex with his cousin who has a ps4 and he couldnt create an apex account with his xbox account due...