Child Minecraft friends on iPad

Discus and support Child Minecraft friends on iPad in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to allow my daughter to access to friends on Minecraft Ipad app i have changed her account and my account to to allow friends but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tara 1227, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Tara 1227
    Tara 1227 Guest

Hi.

I am trying to allow my daughter to access to friends on Minecraft Ipad app

i have changed her account and my account to to allow friends but it still wont allow her to add friends. When she tries to add it says her account wont let her. Her friend can see her but it says she is offline.

i have been working in this for 2 hours.

help!!!!!!.

Thanks

:)

Tara 1227, Apr 20, 2020
  2. David Wirsching Win User

How do I play Minecraft with someone else?

Hello Jon, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand your frustration at not being able to play Minecraft together with your child on iOS. Sometimes connectivity issues can be difficult to fix, but let's try a few steps to see if we can resolve the issue:

Check network connectivity: Make sure both devices (your iPad and your child's iPad) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You mentioned that you allowed local network access in Apple's network settings, which is a good step. However, check that both devices have a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.

Update Minecraft: Make sure both iPads have the latest version of Minecraft installed. Outdated versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues when trying to connect to each other. You can update the game through the App Store on each device.

Restart the devices: Try restarting both iPads to refresh your network connections and clear up any temporary issues. Turn them off completely, wait a few seconds, and then turn them back on.

Check multiplayer settings: In Minecraft, go to the game settings on both iPads and verify that multiplayer is enabled. Open Minecraft, go to Settings, and make sure “Multiplayer Play” is turned on.

If you are not signed in, use Xbox Live accounts: Create or sign in with Xbox Live accounts on both iPads. This will allow you to add each other as friends and join each other's worlds more easily. In Minecraft, go to Settings, select "Profile," and sign in or create an Xbox Live account.

Add each other as friends: On each iPad, go to the Friends tab in Minecraft and add each other as friends using your Xbox Live usernames. Make sure you both accept friend requests.

Try different hosting methods: If the “Friends who can join” method does not work consistently, you can also try using the “Invite to play” option. One person can start a world and then send an invitation to the other person's Xbox Live username.

Check your security or firewall settings: If you have any firewalls or security apps on your iPads, make sure they are not blocking Minecraft network access. Temporarily disabling them or setting them to allow Minecraft connections can help fix problems.

If you've tried these steps and are still having difficulty, it may be helpful to contact the Minecraft support team. They can provide more specific guidance and resolve the issue directly with you.

I hope this helps.
    Best regards.
  3. CSLM Win User

Can't Launch Minecraft

I'm trying to log on via my desktop PC. I set up an account for my child to use on the iPad and it works fine there, but I can't log on and access Minecraft with my child's account on my desktop PC.
  4. Gibboblackblack Win User

Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

Hi,

I too have the very same problem. I’ve been through the steps above, i’ve opened it up fully, i’ve torn my hair out and put a hole in the wall from banging my head against it.

But more upsetting is i have a small boy desperate to talk to his friends, who’s very upset because we can’t help.

This should be a simple control....It should be easy to find and sort out.......Heeeeelp!!

Thanks,

Gib.
  5. RaczGabor Win User

I can confirm this, logout and login enables the changes. So my son is happy now, me, too.
  6. BillyBunter1 Win User

I had the same issues, going round in circles. Follow the advise on this thread, then go into settings on minecraft and log out of the microsoft account, restart minecraft and log in with the child's account again. It worked for me.
Thema:

1. Child Minecraft friends on iPad - Similar Threads - Child Minecraft friends

2. Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to update Family Safety to allow child to add friends in Minecraft (he's playing on...: My son is playing Mine Craft on his PC. He's attempting to add friends, but it's saying 'the parent needs to go to Family Safety to enable him to add friends.' I've gone to Microsoft's Family...
  3. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  4. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  5. Minecraft java won't allow child on multiplayer even after giving authorizations

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft java won't allow child on multiplayer even after giving authorizations: Hi, I'm witing this from my brother's account. We bought him minecraft but multiplayer wasn't allowed so I allowed everything in the xbox/windows parental settings but it still doesn't work. Now...
  6. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  7. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab
  8. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that...
  9. Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Enable Multiplayer Minecraft for Child Account: Hello, Today is October 6th, 2023. I have spent roughly 2.5 hours trying to figure out how to enable multiplayer on my two daughters Minecraft java edition account. I have tried all the steps and...
  10. I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't figure out how to enable my child to add friends in minecraft: My child wants to add a friend to their Minecraft account but we can't figure out how. ba755cef-5c3e-4ea1-829d-b96d37c9b47b