Child keeps getting added as Family Organizer

Discus and support Child keeps getting added as Family Organizer in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I keep having issues adding my son to our Family Sharing account. I add him and when he connects his Xbox to out account, he keeps being added as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chris Chapman3, Aug 20, 2023.

1. Child keeps getting added as Family Organizer

I keep having issues adding my son to our Family Sharing account. I add him and when he connects his Xbox to out account, he keeps being added as a Family Organizer. I want to he able to regulate the screen time on his Xbox but it won't let me if he is a Family Organizer. I've removed him and added him back several times and this keeps happening. I thought I had it earlier because it let me set his screen time in my Family Sharing but when I looked, I saw his Xbox was not connected. I followed the steps to connect his Xbox and went back in to check and he's a Family Organizer again. All I did was add the Xbox

:)

Chris Chapman3, Aug 20, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Chris Chapman3,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Chris Chapman3,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us.

We understand that you're having trouble adding your son to your Family Sharing account and that you want to regulate the screen time on his Xbox, but he keeps getting added as a Family Organizer, which is preventing you from doing so. According to Xbox support, if a child account is appearing as an organizer rather than a member, it may be due to the account being added to the family group as the wrong role during the initial setup or their birthday may be set incorrectly on their Microsoft account. Nothing to worry, let's go ahead and check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

• Check the role of the account: Make sure that your son's account was added to the family group as a member and not as an organizer. You can do this by gong to the Xbox Family Settings app or signing-in at https://account.microsoft.com/family.
    • Check the birthday on the Microsoft account: Make sure that your son's birthday is set correctly on his Microsoft account. If his birthday is incorrect, it could cause him to be added as an organizer instead of a member. It's important to note that only adults (18 years or older) can be Family Organizers. If your son is under 18, he cannot be a Family Organizer. However, if he is over 18, you can remove him as a Family Organizer by following these steps:
      • Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
      • Select your child's account.
      • Under "Family settings," select "Remove from family."
      • Follow the instructions to remove your child from the family.
    • Once your child has been removed from the family, you can add him back as a child account (member). To do this, follow these steps:
      • Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
      • Select "Add a family member."
      • Enter your child's email address and select "Send invite."
      • Your child will receive an email invitation to join your family. They will need to accept the invitation and sign in with their Microsoft account.
      • Once your child has accepted the invitation, you can set up screen time limits for their Xbox.

• After successfully added him as a member to you Microsoft family, you can set screen time limits for your son as a Family Member. To do this, follow these steps:
      • Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Family page.
      • Select your son's account and click on Screen time.
      • Set the screen time limits for your son's account.

Source: Add someone to your family group in the Xbox Family Settings apps

I hope these steps help you sort things out regarding this issue we have. If you continue to have trouble, I recommend contacting Xbox Support for further assistance. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Family cannot add anyone getting error going on over 2 weeks with support

That's correct as they are child accounts and you mentioned they haven't been added to the family, in the account that manage to enter the privacy settings leave the current family even if there no one else in that family, after this log out of the family site and restart the browser

Once done with that create the family again, with that account being the organizer, and add the child accounts, remember that child accounts can't be organizer they must be added as childs, and check each account on the family site prior to this to verify that they aren't linked to other families
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Cant purchase Game Pass Ultimate, keeps taking me to Family Safety page?!

Hi Evopwr! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Being the organizer of a Microsoft family doesn't change the child status of the account, the family organizer needs to be an adult account the child account must be added as a child account thst will allow the adult account to manage this settings
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Family Member Won't Show up in Microsoft Family Group

Child accounts can't be the account information about other members, only family organizers, the organizer must log in the site with all the available accounts he has to confirm which account has the child added
Thema:

1. Child keeps getting added as Family Organizer - Similar Threads - Child keeps getting

2. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  3. Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?: My American (adult) freind has gifted me this game and it has never delivered! 40 euros doen thr drain! Please help me with changing any parental controls settings regarding receiving gifts...
  4. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  5. I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to keep using it forever...: I started using my mother's account when I was a child do I have to permanently use it or is there a way to seperate it 09446196-2dfe-4e62-bb7c-ad5d4f87417c
  6. I am an adult but it keeps me as a child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am an adult but it keeps me as a child: I am an adult and for the life of me i cannot figure our how to change my settings please may i be helped 66d733ee-c6d3-493e-a84e-8de02431a6b5
  7. My child has remaining funds but I keep getting sent to add more money to the account when...

in XBoX on Windows
    My child has remaining funds but I keep getting sent to add more money to the account when...: Hi, I am trying to approve a purchase request on my child's account. The account information page indicates she has $11.34 remaining on her account. I am trying to approve a purchase request for...
  8. My Challenges: "Golden Child" "Keep your Xbox Live Gold membership active for 3 mo." 100 Gems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Challenges: "Golden Child" "Keep your Xbox Live Gold membership active for 3 mo." 100 Gems: I am currently on a year subscription to XBL, previous to that I've been Gold 3 years+ consecutive. The offer does not specify that it has to be for the XBOX One only & the fine print says it...
  9. My Challenges: "Golden Child" "Keep your Xbox Live Gold membership active for 3 mo." 100 Gems

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Challenges: "Golden Child" "Keep your Xbox Live Gold membership active for 3 mo." 100 Gems: I have been am currently on a year subscription to XBL, previous to that I've been Gold 3 years+ consecutive. On a 360, upgrading tonight to One. The offer does not specify that it has to be for...
  10. need to keep child from using my credit card info

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need to keep child from using my credit card info: I bought a Gold account for my grandson the only way I could get it to work was to make a new account. Now how do I block him from buying more? I can not remove my credit card information it won't...