Child consent deleted, can't recover it

Discus and support Child consent deleted, can't recover it in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I had Minecraft, my daughter didn't, we wanted to play Minecraft together on a server that I host at home. So I wanted to buy the game for her... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Andras Csolosz, May 20, 2023.

1. Child consent deleted, can't recover it

Hi,

I had Minecraft, my daughter didn't, we wanted to play Minecraft together on a server that I host at home.

So I wanted to buy the game for her too. She created her microsoft account jokingly added our dogs birthday as a date of birth. Our dog is one year old. My daughter 15. I didn't know this, she has sent the consent email and everything and I approved it. Then we wanted to buy the game itself, she has sent the request again, but she didn't know she has to change the country at the request, so it stayed on the default United States. I tried to buy the game, but I couldn't change the country, so it didn't accept my credit card as it is made in another country. I checked the forums and the support, they suggested to change the country in the accounts. We never had the United States there as a country, but ok. To change it I had to delete the consent to my child. I said ok, I did it and I could change the country, however it didn't help as the request was sent with the US as country, but I didn't know this and it wasn't mentioned anywhere. I figured it out myself, by deleting the old request and request it one more time with the correct country. I could buy the game finally. It was like an 8 hour trip so far, thanks to microsoft's amazingly complicated stuff. I was so happy, but when I started the game from my daughter's account to see if it works. She cannot join to multiplayer games as it is blocked and her age needs to be changed in her microsoft account otherwise we cannot play on our self-hosted lan-server. OK I said, I will change here age as for her it is grayed out in her profile. Guess what? I cannot as I deleted my consent to change the country and I can't get back the consent no matter what.

I contacted microsoft support and the lady was amazing, but she couldn't help so she pointed me here to open a new case. The funny thing is I couldn't even send her my five star review as the whole thing ran on this error:
    failed to submit feedback, please try again.

It reminds me when I wanted to have Microsoft Store developer account, but paying wasn't working, so I have Android developer account, but nothing for microsoft still, but I tried it many times throughout the years to no avail.

So this is my microsoft experience, wherever I click, whatever I try to do I get errors like it doesn't work this page is not available and so on.

Sorry I'm this negative, but this whole ordeal makes me a bit annoyed.

I hope someone can help me change the date of birth of my daughter so we can play together finally.

I hope others have better experience and could get things done.

Good luck, have fun,

Andras

:)

Andras Csolosz, May 20, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Child consent deleted, can't recover it