Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

Discus and support Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; We have spent hours going through every step recommended, we've downloaded the xbox family app, we've set everything to "allowed" via my parental... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Tero_Koo, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Tero_Koo
    Tero_Koo Guest

Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings

We have spent hours going through every step recommended, we've downloaded the xbox family app, we've set everything to "allowed" via my parental account, we've restarted his computer, we've reinstalled the game, we've logged in as him on my computer to make sure it's the account and not the machine.

Multiplayer remains greyed out.

I'm at my wit's end.

:)

Tero_Koo, Aug 24, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Tero_Koo! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with this. In some games, some devs put in a restriction if the account age is below the age rating of the game for the region then it won't allow to go on multiplayer and no setting in Xbox Family will override it.

Is the age of the childs account over the age rating of the game?
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

It's possible that its still being restricted. I have just found this:

WHAT FEATURES ARE LOCKED FOR PLAYERS 13 AND UNDER?
    Playing on Minecraft Realms
    Making purchases
    Changing settings on the Mojang account site

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034753912#h_01GH9H1QRD3X346PYJEW3YM018
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

Presume the account region is US (as different countries have different age ratings)?
  5. Tero_Koo Win User

Thanks for finding the page.

I wonder how this plays into the following:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/4408968616077

FAMILY GROUP MULTIPLAYER FEATURES

3. If Minecraft is rated above a member's age limit, enable Allow gameplay under Enable Minecraft to grant the member and exception to play it.

• Enable Multiplayer to let a member play Minecraft with others online, even if their account settings block them from multiplayer features.

We've set the multiplayer as "allow", and the page says this should override age restrictions, but multiplayer just remains grayed out and when hovering over it it tells us to check our microsoft account settings... which we have. :(

Sorry this issue is such a mess.
  6. Tero_Koo Win User

Hi Kris!

The child is over the age limit of the game (he's 12, the app says Minecraft's age is 10).
Thema:

1. Child cannot access Minecraft multiplayer even though we have allowed it in the settings - Similar Threads - Child cannot access

2. Cannot see child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot see child account: Hello, I have added a child account to mine but cannot see them listed. When I login to their account I can see me as the organiser. I have tried adding manually but it says they are in...
  3. I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot share Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox One Console for my Child: Hello everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with a Game Pass Ultimate issue on our family Xbox One console. Here's the situation: I have an Xbox One with my main...
  4. Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC: I have GP Ultimate and 2 XBOXs. I set my son's XBOX to be the Home Xbox so that he can play my games without me actually being there. He streams his XBOX to the XBOX App on Android and fires up...
  5. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  6. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  7. Regarding: Child cannot access friends on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Regarding: Child cannot access friends on Minecraft: Ran around for an hour trying to figure this out. If you signed up one of your kids for a MS account for Minecraft and they can't add friends or connect to servers. Sign into your MS account...
  8. Child Accounts cannot access Minecraft Multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child Accounts cannot access Minecraft Multiplayer: I am attempting to allow my children to play Realms with their friends from multiple tablets via Minecraft PE. I set up new outlook.com accounts to allow each of them a different profile, making...
  9. Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console: Hi, I am having issues with my daughter’s family child Microsoft account. I just purchased 2 add-on packs for the game Minecraft that is already installed on our Xbox One X console. The add-on...
  10. New Xbox Live account required parent Microsoft account and now child cannot access the new ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Live account required parent Microsoft account and now child cannot access the new ...: My son has used 360 for over a year. When we added Live today, it required that I set up a parent Microsoft account and then I redeemed the Live code. Now he is unable to sign into the new Live...