Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop.

Discus and support Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My child's account was under a broken parent email account so I was going to switch It to mine. All was going fine until In the middle of the process... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cCoOcKiEMoNsTeR, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop.

My child's account was under a broken parent email account so I was going to switch It to mine. All was going fine until In the middle of the process it said it failed. I though, "aw crap" and waited until it dashboarded me. I then signed onto the child
    account and I get the options of either play offline or change parent account as current one is invalid. So I think "oh great" and start the process. I enter my email and password and my credit card info with the address and such, and click continue. It sits
    for a few seconds then says card info cannot be validated. I've tried my wife's card, my other card, my mothers card and my brothers card and non can be "validated". Well I know for a fact that they all work and this extra security BS is nothing but a heaping
    pile of crap. Well, what am I supposed to do if it doesn't accept any cards?

:)

cCoOcKiEMoNsTeR, Jun 14, 2015
  2. LECAGOL
    LECAGOL Guest
    Error Code 801540FE

I had this issue when I accidentally deleted the parent account (though I restored it later).

My solution (Xbox 360):

1. Re-link the child account to a parent account on Microsoft family (parent account's age must be over 18), if not yet linked. Ensure that when the child account is added to the Microsoft's family system, the child account is added as a child.

2. Ensure that the child account s age is under 18

3. Ensure that the child account does not possess any payment options (credit card, debit cards etc.). If so, remove all payment options.

4. Set up the parent account's Microsoft Account options to ensure that it is a valid account. If possible, also try to add a payment option for the parent account.

5. On your Xbox, delete any profiles associated with your parent and child account (Main menu > Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Profiles > (Select profile) > Delete)

6. Sign in to the parent account on your Xbox, followed by the child account.

I believe this issue has nothing to do with an invalid parent account, in fact I think it s caused by an invalid CHILD account, just that the Xbox error handler doesn't have an error for invalid child account. I tried to tackle this problem before by using
    another Microsoft parent account, but that didn't work, so I changed the CHILD account s settings and viola!

Not quite sure if the steps above can be replicated on an Xbox One, but the fundamental concept should remain the same (modify child account).

LECAGOL, Jun 14, 2015
  3. Mrs L
    Mrs L Guest
    Unable to add son to xbox one

As above,

Select child
    Sign in as parent
    get to the 50c card authorisation, add card details
    Then get card already exists on account - go through screens - again!!

Then after about 10 minutes updating account it fails with code 45468.7036976521340.5055251569016685

Go to xbox errorhelp - can't find it Child account stuck in annoying parents Microsoft account invalid loop. :(

Can anybody help please we are pulling our hair out on this

Just to say the card is on account from xbox and also Microsoft accounts linked to the parents account!

Mrs L, Jun 14, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this. If the system is not accepting your cards then you should give phone support a call. Perhaps they can help you with setting up the parental account.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

onyxishere, Jun 14, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: