Child account in Family Group - but doesn't show up in xbox account.

Discus and support Child account in Family Group - but doesn't show up in xbox account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created a child account for my son in order to play minecraft. His account shows up in our microsoft family group, but it doesn't appear in our xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chiron03, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Chiron03
    Chiron03 Guest

I created a child account for my son in order to play minecraft. His account shows up in our microsoft family group, but it doesn't appear in our xbox account that need to access in order to adjust his settings. When I created an account for his older brother previously, creating a child account in the family group automatically made it appear in the xbox account. Any ideas where I went wrong?

:)

Chiron03, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Make sure that his account is verified via https://account.microsoft.com/family.

If that didn’t work, kindly try removing and re-adding him.
  3. Nicolas LST Win User

Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

Hello! Thank you for responding quickly.

When signing into the family group link you provided on the parent account, it shows the "Your Family" list, under which is only "You" and no others. The child account or any other members are not there. When signing in with the child account, it takes me to the "Your Overview" in the Family Safety screen. Maybe I'm missing something but it doesn't seem like I can view the list of members of the family group from the child account anywhere, excepting the main account screen towards the bottom where it lists the "Discover", "Family", "Rewards", and "Outlook", where it shows the parent account as the group organizer. Clicking on that takes me to the family safety overview screen mentioned above, although I assume that is intended.

I wish I could provide more information, but if there is anything you need in order to help more, I'll be glad to give it.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Parent and child accounts on Xbox are designed to help parents manage their children’s gaming activities. A parent account is the primary account that can create and manage child accounts. Child accounts are created for children under the age of 18 and are linked to the parent account. The parent account can set up parental controls, such as screen time limits, content restrictions, and spending limits, for each child account.

You cannot change your account to be a child account. You will have to create a new account for your child.

To create a child account, the parent account must first create a family group. The family group can have up to six members, including the parent account. Once the family group is created, the parent account can add a child account to the group. The child account will be linked to the parent account and will have access to the parent account’s Xbox Live Gold subscription and other benefits.

I hope this helps.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Add money to kid's Microsoft account, but can't log in to use it

The problem here is that it wasn't a purchase that the OP made...they added money to the child's account via the Family group area...would that even show up as a purchase?
  6. AridLizard Win User

Unable to access xbox account settings on xbox.com

are the affected accounts Child accounts?

if the date of birth associated with these accounts makes them under 18 years old you will need to get an adult to make a Family Group, add the affected Child accounts to the Family Group then change the privacy settings.

the following link has all the information on setting up a Family Group and managing the permissions for group members

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12413/microsoft-account-what-is-family-group
Thema:

1. Child account in Family Group - but doesn't show up in xbox account. - Similar Threads - Child account Family

2. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  3. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  4. I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to move my account onto a new family member. Will my attached child account move as...: I have an account with one child. I want to move both of us onto another family members account. Is it a case of just joining this other family group, and the child will also automatically follow...
  5. Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account split after signing in on Xbox One S to grant child in Family Group permissions,...: Important Details: Device: Xbox One S. Mobile Device: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max. Child's account was over 2 years old with Parental Consent. Child's account is for a child under 13. Parent is...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  7. I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account: I receive this error message when accessing google chrome: Ask for permission You'll need to ask, but I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account...
  8. Child account: sent request to add friend but nothing in Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account: sent request to add friend but nothing in Family Safety: I set up a child account for my son on the Xbox. So far after configuring it works fine. However, I was setting up his friends list again, and when I added a friend, I got a message to send a...
  9. I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. How do I remove...: I accidentally added an invalid email account as a child family member. This happened when I typed in the wrong email address when I was attempting to add their account to our xbox. How do I...
  10. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...