Child account changes

Discus and support Child account changes in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nathan Roberts (SN), Nov 11, 2023.

1. Child account changes

Hey there, community!

Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to finish setting up your account.

Child account changes [​IMG]

They can choose to sign in on their phone/PC or on this Xbox. They will then be asked to go through a series of steps to set up the account. This process will need to be done before the child account is able to sign into Xbox.

You can learn more about family settings by following this link here: Xbox family settings: peace of mind for parents | Xbox

You can learn about the benefits of having a family group by visiting this link here: Benefits of creating a family group on Xbox | Xbox Support

Hope this information is useful for those who run into this message on screen.

Please note that we are not in a position to answer specific questions relating to this change. This is because we are not a part of the family safety team, nor do we work/represent Microsoft or Xbox. This post is for information, to allow users to find out about the recent changes and what they should do.

Thanks,

Nathan

:)

Nathan Roberts (SN), Nov 11, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

How can I switch my adult account to a childs account and make a new adult account

You can change a child account to an adult account, but you can't change an adult account to a child account. In order to manage them, you would have to create new child accounts for them.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox broadcasting problem

Only an adult (parental account) can make the changes in privacy settings for a child account. The child account can't perform the changes itself.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Game Pass sharing

5. MiracleEevee Win User

Xbox Website

You can't exactly change a child account to an adult account until the child has actually turned 18. However, you can change their permissions. You need to log into the adult account, and under family settings, you can change the permissions of your child's
    account.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Rodina menit vek [Translate] Family vary age

Once you register an xbox live account as a child account you can't change it. The parental account can change privacy settings of the child account though.
Thema:

Child account changes

1. Child account changes - Similar Threads - Child account changes

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  9. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...
  10. How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change my Outlook email linked to my child's Epic Games account?: This is one for the books and for those familiar with Epic Games accounts. A long time ago, I deleted my Outlook account without realizing that it was linked to my child's Epic Games account. It...