Child Account can't verify on Xbox One X

Discus and support Child Account can't verify on Xbox One X in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I don't know what changed but the child account of my daughter now shows a Verify Error when I check her overview in the Family Safety website.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sergeminator, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Sergeminator
    Sergeminator Guest

I don't know what changed but the child account of my daughter now shows a Verify Error when I check her overview in the Family Safety website. Following the provided instructions don't fix the verify error for some reason, seems related to the Xbox One X restrictions in the Microsoft Store app.

The error in the Family Safety site says "<user> needs to sign in again on Windows (XboxOne) to verify their account"

When I click the Fix It button next to it, it says to sign in the device with her account, open Edge browser, and go to aka.ms familyverify site, when I do that, it opens the MS Store Xbox app but nothing happens, every icon looks empty as if it was searching for some app. The text "ms-wpc" is seen, but nothing happens and nothing shows, the verify issue is not fixed.

I have tried signing out of her account in Xbox One, then restarting, login again, but nothing changes.

I suspect it has to do with the Content Restrictions that seem to apply to her account in Xbox One, but can't figure out how to temporarily disable them all to let her do the Verify and complete the setup process successfully.

Child Account can't verify on Xbox One X [​IMG]

Child Account can't verify on Xbox One X [​IMG]

:)

Sergeminator, Oct 17, 2022
  2. Antonio EVA Win User

3. ianlellis Win User

Hello Sergeminator,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are having issue with the account of your daughter on Xbox One X. As per description, you have tried fixing it on the Family Safety site, but you failed to fix it. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will do to the best in our capability to assist you with your concern and help your daughter back to gaming.

First, we would like to know if you have tried to fix this issue via the Family Safety app on iOS or Android. Try to review some of our Support articles which I will provide below.

1. Troubleshoot giving parental consent when creating a child account
    2. https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/online-safety/set-age-limit
    3. Why you're being asked for parental consent
    We would want to know if you have signed into the parent account first and verified your information and so with your child. Also, try to remove and re-add the child account and see if this fixes the issue.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Geri M.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
    This issue is all over the forums, without any available fix. I’m also having this problem, along with many others if you do a quick search.
  4. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Hello, everyone,

I hope you are doing well today. Welcome to the Xbox Community. Thank you for reaching out to Xbox Forums. We understand that users still need help verifying a child account via the Family verify site. We continue to investigate the issue and suggest the following to resolve this ongoing problem hopefully. If you are still experiencing an issue with verification, please file a bug via our Windows feedback hub. I will post the steps below and what is needed. Once you have filed this bug, please let me know in this thread, and we will contact you via private message for additional details.

1. File a bug via Windows feedback hub
    2. Download the app here. Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app. Or, in the Windows Search bar, type Windows Feedback Hub and open.
    3. Select Report a Problem
    4. Under "Summarize Your Feedback," please type the title of your bug in the following format [ Xbox Forum] Family Verify Issue
    5. Then in "Explain in more detail," provide a small summary of the problem. Please include the region you reside in and also if you are using a VPN.
    6. When you get to Choose a Category, make sure "Problem" is highlighted, and then on the first drop-down menu, choose "Settings." On the second drop-down menu to the right, select "Parental Controls and Family Safety."
    7. Select "make new bug."
    8. Under "Add more details," choose "Other."
    9. Then in the "Attachments" section, choose "Recreate my problem." and select Start recording, which will record a video as you reproduce the problem. Also, ensure that Include data about & include screenshots of each step is check marked, which should be by default.
    10. Finally hit submit
    Once this has been completed, please update this post and let me know and I will ask for additional information privately and look for the bug filed.

Thank you,
  5. Antonio EVA Win User

Sorry Kathy, nothing works.
  6. FalnAngl14 Win User

Nothing has worked to resolve this issue
Thema:

1. Child Account can't verify on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Child Account can't

2. Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a 2nd minecraft account for a 2nd child? Have bought a new key.: I have recently bought minecraft for pc for my sons new pc. When we try to install it says that I already have it installed. Seems to be because a few yrs ago, we bought minecraft for my eldest...
  3. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  4. I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm adult now but my account is still a child account and I can't do anything: I'm 19 (account created when I'm 16), my birth date on my profile is correct (xx/xx/2004). My account is an only member and organizer in family group but also a child account which make me unable...
  5. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 065732c1-8d7a-4b83-8d2a-bc1a46dfa95d
  6. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account 36971e3c-cbe9-468c-9483-d99d40d319ab
  7. Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update minecraft launcher on child's account: My child can play java, but the windows version (we own both versions) says that it is incompatible and needs to be updated. When I go to the store and click Get, it says ask permission. Did that...
  8. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...
  9. Can't get multiplayer working on child account. (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't get multiplayer working on child account. (Minecraft): I created a brand new microsoft account for my kid so he can play on my minecraft server. I have allowed everything on his settings, including jumping his age up to let more games through. I am...
  10. Can't remove child from family account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't remove child from family account: I am unable to remove my child from my family account. I know exactly where to go in the family account to right click and select "Remove from family group" it then indicates "Only the adult that...