Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon

Discus and support Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently moved with my young son from UK to Australia. I was able to change my Country / Region via https://account.microsoft.com/profile and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by wallitzio, Jan 24, 2022.

1. wallitzio
    wallitzio Guest

I recently moved with my young son from UK to Australia.

I was able to change my Country / Region via

https://account.microsoft.com/profile and migrate my Xbox profile via live.xbox.com/accountmigration

To do this I had to remove consent on my son's account as Australia does not have the same privacy laws as the UK. The website said I could add consent again after.

However now that my account is fully in Australia I cannot give consent to my son's account as his Microsoft account is still in the UK.

When I login to

https://account.microsoft.com/family/home. There is an option to manage consent there, but his details do not show up - I am assuming this is because I am now in Australia which does not need me to give consent.

I cannot change any of his Country / Region details via https://account.microsoft.com/family/home.

When I login to his account on https://account.microsoft.com/profile the options to change Country / region are locked as he has a child account.

We are getting a message that his account will be locked by 7th February unless I give consent.

So we are stuck in a horrible loop where we are getting asked to give consent. When I follow the links I go to an error page which says 'Something's not working. It's not you, it's us.'

I think this is because, as a child account, he cannot change his region. But how can I change these details on his behalf?

p.s. we tried de-linking his account from our family, but we still could not change his region settings

:)

wallitzio, Jan 24, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes as mentioned you can't change it till he's 18

It would.take offline team to do it even then if they said they cant then they cant

The tool.is very very specific on the requirements

And 18 is one of them

One of the major problems you will run into is bc titles because of the geo ip checks

And purchasing or gifting digital games they would.have to be uk

If you buy a code fro. Australia it won't work on a UK account maybe have an Australian account with no gold just be on your home console
  3. wallitzio Win User

Hey mate,

No not yet. They thought they had solved it but they were just looking at the Xbox account which had migrated.

The issue of the Microsoft account being in the wrong region is still under escalation.

Apparently its on of the rarest issues they have seen.

Hoping they will fix it soon. The one silver lining is you can keep deferring the 'give consent' warning.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi wallitzio,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We could not really imagine how important it is for you to be able to update/change your child's account country or region at the soonest time possible. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be dealt better by our live support team so that they can properly check what’s going on with your device and applications. They are more equipped with all the tools and resources to get your problem diagnosed. Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team:

1. Kindly use this website - Contact Microsoft Support. Type your Concern on the Search bar.
    2. Press enter in your keyboard or click Get Help.
    3. Sign in to contact support or press Contact Support.
    4. Select one of the listed Products and Services.
    5. Next, select correct Category of your concern.
    6. Select Confirm
    7. You will be provided with Support Option.

[​IMG]

If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. wallitzio Win User

I raised this with Xbox and Microsoft. Both were unable to move my son's account from the UK to Australia.

I ended up moving my Microsoft account back to the UK which resolved the issue.

I am still able to make purchases on my Xbox account (which is based in Australia) so (as of typing) there don't seem to be any ill effects.

A stupid solution to a really annoying issue, but there you go...
  6. ngocphi Win User

Yes as the tool requires over 18

2what he is doing is a manual transfer

You have to be able ti legally accept the consequences

Since he isn't 18 it wouldn't be legal

This is why a parent has call it in

Kids have been known to randomly use tools without knowing the consequence before

This happens when they are given an adult account and try and get a free game or simply try and get around the region locks
Thema:

1. Child account cannot move to new region and account will be locked soon - Similar Threads - Child account cannot

2. Cannot see child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot see child account: Hello, I have added a child account to mine but cannot see them listed. When I login to their account I can see me as the organiser. I have tried adding manually but it says they are in...
  3. Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC: I have GP Ultimate and 2 XBOXs. I set my son's XBOX to be the Home Xbox so that he can play my games without me actually being there. He streams his XBOX to the XBOX App on Android and fires up...
  4. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  5. I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account: I receive this error message when accessing google chrome: Ask for permission You'll need to ask, but I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account...
  6. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...
  7. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends: I navigate Play > Friends >Add Friend> Enter GamerTag> Friend's profile is displayed. But then there is no "Add Friend" button or anything. I see two checkboxes "Friend" or "Favorite" but neither...
  8. New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite: Recently upgraded from Xbox X to Series X. Child is under the family xbox live account. Child now cannot add friends in XBOX Series X. Child's account is over 10 and only restriction is time...
  9. Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote: I have been trying to figure this out in conjunction with my parents and we have gotten nowhere. My account should have auto-promoted from a child account to an adult account (I am 19 years old)...
  10. Cannot remove child from family account despite being the ONLY family organiser in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from family account despite being the ONLY family organiser in the...: I've tried everything, and i've been the account organiser for the family account since 2017. I don't remember if I used another account but I can't remove my kids account from the family no...