Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console

Discus and support Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am having issues with my daughter’s family child Microsoft account. I just purchased 2 add-on packs for the game Minecraft that is already... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OwenWells, Jul 1, 2018.

1. OwenWells
    OwenWells Guest

Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console

Hi, I am having issues with my daughter’s family child Microsoft account.

I just purchased 2 add-on packs for the game Minecraft that is already installed on our Xbox One X console. The add-on packs were digitally downloaded to the console and I installed them logged in as my parent Microsoft account. When I run Minecraft, I can
    access and use those add-on packs logged in as my parent account. So that works.

The problem is that when my daughter logs in to the same Xbox One X console with her family child Microsoft account and runs Minecraft, it will not let her access and use those purchased add-on packs. Every time she tries to, it gives an error message that
    she is using a trial version of the add-on packs and will have to buy in the Microsoft store if she wants to save her game. There should not be a content restriction issue; this is E-rated (Everyone) Minecraft.

This is frustrating. I cannot find the setting on my daughter’s child Microsoft account to enable the use of these add-on packs for Minecraft. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thanks!

:)

OwenWells, Jul 1, 2018
  2. Season Pass DLC wouldnt Transfer to Xbox one from 360

I as well have problems with COD Advanced Warfare. Purchased the season pass and some DLC add ons on Xbox 360 . Just got Xbox one and the AW game for one and season pass and DLC add ons say installed on the Xbox one but cannot access any.

Also thought the Havoc DLC was free to season pass holders but I too get to pay £11.59 for it.

Wish someone could help here - very much appreciated Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console :)

Season pass and DLC add ons all say installed via AW Game and Xbox store.

PlanetaryDust4, Jul 1, 2018
  3. JoeStanavage
    JoeStanavage Guest
    Making a Parent for a Child Account

I have a Regular account and a Child account on the xbox one, but for some reason, I cannot add the child account as a family member to the regular account or make the regular account the parent of the child account. It does not appear in the normal "Add
    to family" menu and I tried forcibly adding the account by putting in the email and password for the child account, but the console just says that "Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here." Where would I have to go
    in order to add the child account to the family? Or, where would I need to go in order to make myself a parent to the child account?

JoeStanavage, Jul 1, 2018
  4. Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console

Hello bantha is your Xbox console set as your home Xbox that could be the reason your daughter cant play. Because you didn't buy the content on her account she doesn't own them so she cant play them unless the you set the Xbox as your home with your primary
    account

FIRESNIPER4000, Jul 1, 2018
  5. OwenWells
    OwenWells Guest
    Thanks, Fire Sniper. That was it. Problem solved. Much appreciated!

OwenWells, Nov 3, 2018
  6. FIRESNIPER4000 Win User

Hello bantha is your Xbox console set as your home Xbox that could be the reason your daughter cant play. Because you didn't buy the content on her account she doesn't own them so she cant play them unless the you set the Xbox as your home with your primary
    account
  7. OwenWells Win User

Thanks, Fire Sniper. That was it. Problem solved. Much appreciated!
  8. onyxishere Win User

deleted parent account from xbox one - how to add a parent account

To make things easier for my kids, I deleted the parent account from my xbox one s console. I can still see the account but cannot log in as a parent. As a result I cannot manage permissions to allow a specific game. I also could not add the deleted parent
    account back onto the console. When I go to family settings and try to add my parent account which is still showing, it says "you are unable to change x's settings". I cannot log out from the child's account and cannot log into my parent's account either.

Through the PC I have the correct relationship between the parent and child accounts, and I can manage some permissions there, but could not see how to move restrictions to a specific game.

Catch 22 - is there a way?
    Sorry to hear it. Sounds like the account seems to be stuck in console limbo somehow. To fix this I would recommend doing a factory reset on the console. It will wipe all accounts from it so you can add them back afterwards. There is an option to keep
    installed games and apps so you won't need to redownload them.
  9. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox ebeveyn kontrolü [Translation-Xbox parental control]

Hi MehmetEmre1,

As Parity mentioned, in order to give you the best assistance, we need to know exactly what part of setting up a Family group you are encountering an error.

It seems you are trying to play Gears of War with a child account that needs a parent account to allow access for the child account to play a mature rated game. Do you already have a parent account and is the error when trying to add the child account
    to a Family?

First, if you are having trouble adding someone to the Family, I suggest reading "You can't add someone to your family on Xbox One".

After you have the child account added to a Family group with a parent account add both accounts to the Xbox console. Then have the child access the game and it should prompt the parent account to grant the permission to play that game always or just once.
    You can find more information here, "Grant an exception to your child’s content limits on Xbox One".
  10. ngocphi Win User

Error when I try to download the free Xbox 360 game

The issue is that you are doing it on a child accoujt

Have a parental account or use a xbox 360

Child accounts cannot make purchases of m rated games without parental permissions on a consoke

And the xbox one parental settings aren't compatible with xbox 360 as there is no unrestricted settings that's why it cannot be made on the xbox one on child accounts

So the xbox one uses the Web interface not the 360
Thema:

1. Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console - Similar Threads - Child account cannot

2. Cannot see child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot see child account: Hello, I have added a child account to mine but cannot see them listed. When I login to their account I can see me as the organiser. I have tried adding manually but it says they are in...
  3. Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Stream Xbox for Child and play on my account via PC: I have GP Ultimate and 2 XBOXs. I set my son's XBOX to be the Home Xbox so that he can play my games without me actually being there. He streams his XBOX to the XBOX App on Android and fires up...
  4. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  5. I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account: I receive this error message when accessing google chrome: Ask for permission You'll need to ask, but I cannot find out who the family organizer is of my child account...
  6. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...
  7. Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft child account on iPad - cannot add friends: I navigate Play > Friends >Add Friend> Enter GamerTag> Friend's profile is displayed. But then there is no "Add Friend" button or anything. I see two checkboxes "Friend" or "Favorite" but neither...
  8. New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite: Recently upgraded from Xbox X to Series X. Child is under the family xbox live account. Child now cannot add friends in XBOX Series X. Child's account is over 10 and only restriction is time...
  9. Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot promote child account, account did not auto promote: I have been trying to figure this out in conjunction with my parents and we have gotten nowhere. My account should have auto-promoted from a child account to an adult account (I am 19 years old)...
  10. Cannot remove child from family account despite being the ONLY family organiser in the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from family account despite being the ONLY family organiser in the...: I've tried everything, and i've been the account organiser for the family account since 2017. I don't remember if I used another account but I can't remove my kids account from the family no...