Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button?

Discus and support Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [Mod Removed] the disc drive on my 360 won't open (either with the eject button or the menu command on the home screen). Am I s.o.l. or are there some... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by um_sure, Apr 5, 2017.

1. um_sure
    um_sure Guest

[Mod Removed] the disc drive on my 360 won't open (either with the eject button or the menu command on the home screen).

Am I s.o.l. or are there some other potential solutions? Or at least things to check before giving up?

Thanks in advance.

:)

um_sure, Apr 5, 2017
  2. BeelZBob
    BeelZBob Guest
    System won't attempt to ingest disc

Did you try pressing the eject button. Some people reported that their consoles arrived with a test disc already inside. If that is not the case probably have a broken disc drive. Call MS support and get a new one.

BeelZBob, Apr 5, 2017
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    EggsBoxJuan, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest

Hi fakerton -

Self-repair talk is not allowed on the forums and is against the
    forum rules and guidelines
    . Refer to point 22 for reference. Ordinarily the course of action would be to refer to the Online Service center however as you've modified your console, we are unable to provide assistance.

If you get a new, un-modified console and find yourself in need of assistance, feel free to post up a new thread and we'll do what we can to help out.

Thanks for understanding!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.

Miss Bijoux, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hi fakerton -

Self-repair talk is not allowed on the forums and is against the
    forum rules and guidelines
    . Refer to point 22 for reference. Ordinarily the course of action would be to refer to the Online Service center however as you've modified your console, we are unable to provide assistance.

If you get a new, un-modified console and find yourself in need of assistance, feel free to post up a new thread and we'll do what we can to help out.

Thanks for understanding!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Disc Ejection options.

If you press the eject button it will try to initiate an eject sequence regardless if it thinks there is a disc. This says to me that the eject mechanism itself is broken inside the drive and you’ll have to send it in for service.
  7. BeelZBob Win User

System won't attempt to ingest disc

Did you try pressing the eject button. Some people reported that their consoles arrived with a test disc already inside. If that is not the case probably have a broken disc drive. Call MS support and get a new one.
  8. DominumStige Win User

How to eject a Game-Disc when you eject button is broken?

Hi!

If the button is broken, you can eject the disc manually with a paper clip into the eject hole located on the left side of the console, as specified on the

guide
  9. Harm_Veenstra Win User

Xbox One randomly ejects disk or turns on.

Problem is in the eject button, the sound you hear is from that. My eject button doesn't work anymore now, luckily enough my bf4 disc is in the drive so I'm good :) emergency eject doesn't work unfortunately
Thema:

1. Checklist for a broken disc drive/eject button? - Similar Threads - Checklist broken disc

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had a repaire done on an elite 2 controller it was returned …still broken and with...: In December of 2023 I purchased and elite 2 controller and by mid April 24 it was broken. The sticks drift and get stuck making it impossible to play. It was “repaired” under warranty. I received...
  4. MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN

in XBoX Accessibility
    MICROSOFT REWARDS ARE BROKEN: Okay so, I was able to spent a lot of money on xbox during the covid lockdown. I earned around 30k points from grinding games and spending real money AND TIME. I redeemed about 25k on useless...
  5. broken HDMI on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken HDMI on Xbox One X: I have a white Xbox one x limited edition that my mother's ex gave me (like 2 or 3 years ago) since they didn't want it but the HDMI port on it is broken and the only thing I was given was a...
  6. My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My replacement controller is broken. What do I do?: My first controller was out of warranty and broke. I requested a replacement controller and paid the 80$. The replacement controller came with an intermittent rb button. What should I do now?...
  7. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  8. Microsoft support broken for all users major problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft support broken for all users major problem: Hi everyone am I going mad or is all support options gone completely been a customer for over 10+ years never seen this kind of service can't get my money back for broken content options there for...
  9. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  10. Trouble shooting checklist point 6

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble shooting checklist point 6: hi, according to point 6 of the trouble shooting checklist I'm going through, I need to be at this point and get help to disable my firewall?? My son keeps getting kicked out of ea sports...