Check your network error 0x84200006 when searching

Discus and support Check your network error 0x84200006 when searching in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Anytime I go to 'Xbox bing ....' and say something I receive this error. At first I thought it was a kinect issue but even if I type a search in I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Phil Witt, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Phil Witt
    Phil Witt Guest

Anytime I go to 'Xbox bing ....' and say something I receive this error. At first I thought it was a kinect issue but even if I type a search in I always get this error.

The rest of the functionality of my xbox one is working. I can play multiplayer games, watch netflix, browse the internet with IE, listen to xbox music but when I go to search it errors out.

I've tried multiple DNS entries, I've tried different cables and even different routers. I've tried putting the xbox one into DMZ. I've tried changing from wired to wireless. I've tried rebooting multiple times. I've unplugged the xbox one for more than
    ten minutes.

I have not tried a factory reset yet. I have half my hard drive filled with games already and I don't really want to re-download all my games unless I know this will fix it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Phil Witt, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Atom1993
    Atom1993 Guest
    Atom1993, Feb 17, 2014
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Can't connect to XBox Live since router password type change

Your error report states you are still using WEP? Have you tried searching for your wireless network again and connecting?

Use WPA2-PSK(AES) if you can, not TKIP only

GMAN990, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Phil Witt
    Phil Witt Guest

Just in case anyone else is experiencing similar issues....

A factory reset does not fix this issue. Xbox Bing errors out every time. I am now re-downloading about 150 gigs on a 10 meg line.

Phil Witt, Feb 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: