chatpad mic combo help

Discus and support chatpad mic combo help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i bought a chatpad mic combo for the first generation xbox one and i cannot get the mic to work i can hear other people and even myself but they can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThePescetarianGamer, Apr 29, 2020.

1. chatpad mic combo help

i bought a chatpad mic combo for the first generation xbox one and i cannot get the mic to work i can hear other people and even myself but they can not hear me. I was told that this was the only way i can us a mic is with that set up .Not
    sure if there's a certain button im supposed to press please help!

:)

ThePescetarianGamer, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

chatpad mic combo help

Sorry to hear it. There's a nifty video at this link https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Chatpad-Chat-Headset-plugs-directly/dp/B0136JPA56 that
    talks about how the chatpad/headset combo works.

At the bottom right of your keypad you should see a mic symbol with a line through it. Press it and see if that helps. It could also be that the headset jack is not seated properly in the chatpad. Pull out the jack and push it back in firmly to see if
    that works.
  3. EVIL Volition Win User

chatpad mic combo help

Just to clarify the microphone worked when you connected it to a different source?

If so, the only other thing that I can think of is that maybe the 3.5mm headphone port of the Chatpad is faulty?

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience using the Chatpad so I'm hoping someone will be able to help you troubleshoot this further.
  4. ThePescetarianGamer Win User

chatpad mic combo help

Hi! Yes i connected it to another source and can hear just fine

i juat dont get why no one can hear me and i can heae them.

it shows on the xbox that theres a mic

being used but i dont understand what im doing wrong. Ive seen numerous videos on how to hook it up and i did all that but theres no details on how to get the mic to work so i can be heard
  5. ThePescetarianGamer Win User

chatpad mic combo help

I just plugged it into my ipad i can hear but if i plug it into the chatpad i can hear but no one hears me.

i will try again later on its probably a button somewhere. I truly appreciate you taking the time to try to help me

Hopefully it can be figured out.
  6. EVIL Volition Win User

chatpad mic combo help

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forum.

The recommended adapter for the first gen Xbox One is the Stereo Headset Adapter.

[​IMG]

However, I was looking into this and it appears that the Chatpad essential works as an adapter too so you should be all set. Are you able to connect your mic to another source to test it? I just want to be sure we eliminate the mic having any issues.

I don't actually own a Chatpad, if anyone else has experience with this it would certainly help solving this.
Thema:

chatpad mic combo help

1. chatpad mic combo help - Similar Threads - chatpad mic combo

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  4. Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers: Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on the xbox controllers. Normally I use the...
  5. xbox accessories (turtle beach stream mic and xbox chatpad)

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox accessories (turtle beach stream mic and xbox chatpad): I just purchased a new xbox one s. I had previously had the chatpad with my old xbox one and swapped it over to the new controller. Everything worked Then my turtle beach stream mic arrived so...
  6. Chatpad Mic Monitoring?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad Mic Monitoring?: I'm looking into getting the Xb1 Chatpad. The only feature I am questioning is whether it has mic monitoring or not. I really don't want to give up mic monitoring on my controller. Can anyone...
  7. Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help: This past holiday, I received a new chatpad as a gift. Never had a single issue with it. Used it to send messages, enter codes, take screen shots, and record clips. Up until about 2 weeks ago,...
  8. Mic Doesn't Work Using Chatpad XBOXONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Doesn't Work Using Chatpad XBOXONE: posted about this before and never got an answer and since then I have bought brand new controllers and a new chatad and still having the same issue so I'm posting again. I have one of the new...
  9. Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad: I bought the Chatpad on release and it worked fine played a lot of R6 Seige with the Chatpad and mic that came with it no problem. I'm not sure which console update caused the issue it was one of...
  10. Xbox chatpad mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chatpad mic: I'm having problems using the Xbox One chatpad mic. People can hear me but I can't hear them. I tried turning up the chat volume but that didn't seem to do anything....