Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers

Discus and support Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MDC43, May 3, 2022.

1. MDC43
    MDC43 Guest

Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on the xbox controllers. Normally I use the official chatpad.

I have 2 controllers. 1 Xbone Forza Edition. 1 Series X Carbon.

Even after updates, here is the results:

One FE: headset on 3.5mm jack, good. Chatpad plugged and headset on it, the mic doesn't work.

X carbon: headset on 3.5mm jack, good. Same chatpad plugged and headset on it, the mic is working.

What is going on? I didn't unplugged the chatpad from the One FE for weeks and it worked, before it happened. I'm I missing something? Thx.

:)

MDC43, May 3, 2022
  2. TitaniumWayne Win User

Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad

I am having the same issue. I got my chatpad after the Nov 2015 update so I'm not sure if it is related to that or not. Apparently it is not game specific because I have issues with F1 2015. My controller (new 3.5mm mic plug) is USB connected to the console
    on the left side. Chatpad into the controller and Microsoft 3.5mm mic into the chatpad. All updates applied and if I unplug the chatpad and use the mic directly into the comtroller, it works fine.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi MDC43! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This could be because there's some dust on the connectors or is not making contact properly between them, that's common on all devices due to usage the the connections start to wear out and not make contact
  4. E McSq Win User

Controller keeps registering a headset.

I may be wrong, but do you have a chatpad plugged into your controller?

For some reason, having a chatpad plugged in disables the Kinects mic and also stops you from hearing voice messages.

Unplug the chatpad, and voila!, problem solved.
  5. jamski07 Win User

Wireless Xbox 360 keyboard...!

Chatpad all the way! Can't play properly without it plugged in now, balances the controller perfectly! Then modify the official Tritton headset so the mic cable plugs in to the chatpad and there you have a perfect setup! ;)
  6. ToxicSnowflake Win User

Chatpad not working (but is connected)

No wireless mic. I have a wired mic that came with the XBL/chatpad/mic package, but do not have that plugged in when I am attempting to use the chatpad.
Thema:

1. Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers - Similar Threads - Chatpad mic controllers

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  4. chatpad mic combo help

in XBoX on Consoles
    chatpad mic combo help: i bought a chatpad mic combo for the first generation xbox one and i cannot get the mic to work i can hear other people and even myself but they can not hear me. I was told that this was the only...
  5. xbox accessories (turtle beach stream mic and xbox chatpad)

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox accessories (turtle beach stream mic and xbox chatpad): I just purchased a new xbox one s. I had previously had the chatpad with my old xbox one and swapped it over to the new controller. Everything worked Then my turtle beach stream mic arrived so...
  6. Chatpad Mic Monitoring?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad Mic Monitoring?: I'm looking into getting the Xb1 Chatpad. The only feature I am questioning is whether it has mic monitoring or not. I really don't want to give up mic monitoring on my controller. Can anyone...
  7. Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one chatpad mic works, but nothing else.... Help: This past holiday, I received a new chatpad as a gift. Never had a single issue with it. Used it to send messages, enter codes, take screen shots, and record clips. Up until about 2 weeks ago,...
  8. Mic Doesn't Work Using Chatpad XBOXONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Doesn't Work Using Chatpad XBOXONE: posted about this before and never got an answer and since then I have bought brand new controllers and a new chatad and still having the same issue so I'm posting again. I have one of the new...
  9. Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work thru Chatpad: I bought the Chatpad on release and it worked fine played a lot of R6 Seige with the Chatpad and mic that came with it no problem. I'm not sure which console update caused the issue it was one of...
  10. Xbox chatpad mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chatpad mic: I'm having problems using the Xbox One chatpad mic. People can hear me but I can't hear them. I tried turning up the chat volume but that didn't seem to do anything....