Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out

Discus and support Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just recently purchased the Series X and the Series 2 Elite Controller, as I installed everything I also attached my Chatpad to update my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamuelRock300, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out

So I just recently purchased the Series X and the Series 2 Elite Controller, as I installed everything I also attached my Chatpad to update my controller. After all that for some reason all the Audio mixing settings are all grayed out when I plug in my wired mic headset, but if I remove the chatpad and just use my mic they work. Has anyone run into this issue and if so have you found a way to fix it?

The mic also has a little volume bar and the only thing it does change output volume of the headset

:)

SamuelRock300, Dec 14, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi SamuelRock300! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This is completely normal as the chatpad(headset stereo adapter) has the volume control and the chat mixer control as well as the mute buttons
  3. Frathos Win User

Audio Problem

What kind of headset are you using? If it is an Astro A50 headset then you will need to use the Astro app to adjust your mic and eq settings as the Guide audio options are all greyed out when this headset is in use.
  4. JFitzy91 Win User

Offline files installed but not showing in game

Yes that setting is on, and it is greyed out so I cannot adjust it.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

I can’t hear my game sounds and Xbox notifications when I have a headset on but can hear and talk on party chat fine?

Hello HazelTomkins, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the game audio.

What you'll want to do is go into your audio settings and make sure that they are set up properly for the headset. You can also tap the Guide button on the controller then scroll down to the bottom right of the side bar to access specific settings including the audio slider. The slider should adjust how much game to party sound you hear.

If the slider is greyed out then you may be using a headset that has its own mixer that you'll need to adjust to hear the game sound
  6. DaleCh Win User

Mic not working with chat pad

I have the same problem, and this only happenned since the 14th of March. This appears to be a software issue; The microphone works when plugged into the chatpad; if I adjust the mic monitor settings I can hear myself, but the party cannnot hear me when using the chatpad. I've confirmed both the controller and chatpad are up to date wrt software updates, so I suspect that an xbox console update may be the cause. Please help. I'm using an xbox one x, elite controller gen 1 with the chatpad.
Thema:

1. Chatpad cause Audio Adjustment Settings to be Greyed out - Similar Threads - Chatpad cause Audio

2. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  3. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  4. Chatpad for Xbox Series X/S Core Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad for Xbox Series X/S Core Controller?: Is there a Chatpad available for the new Xbox Series X/S (Core) controllers? I've found them for Xbox One controllers and the old Xbox 360 on places like Amazon. Doesn't seem to be one for the...
  5. I need help with Xbox Chatpad connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with Xbox Chatpad connection?: I need it on my Xbox x/s controller which its not connecting, no lights on nor Accessories attachment notification. Chatpad does work on my Elite 1 controller with lights but not x/s controller....
  6. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  7. Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad, mic and 2 controllers: Hi, last week the mic on my head set stopped to work. My friends couldn't hear me. Some tests later, the mic is working when it's plugged directly on the xbox controllers. Normally I use the...
  8. Chatpad not connecting to the new gen console, Why ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chatpad not connecting to the new gen console, Why ?: I am having grate problems getting my chatpad working with my new gen console ? c8361400-e9c7-4359-bab2-19bc0440ad3a
  9. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  10. Chatpad question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Chatpad question: I understand from what I've read that Microsoft discontinued it because it wasn't selling well enough (price you pay for making a reliable product). My question though is why do all the chatpads I...