Chat mixer grayed out when headset plugged in and no audio (Xbox One) How would I fix this?

Discus and support Chat mixer grayed out when headset plugged in and no audio (Xbox One) How would I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I thought the solution I tried earlier worked, unfortunately it was only temporary. Due to the Energy Saving thing where the controller turns off after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PrinceSousuke, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Chat mixer grayed out when headset plugged in and no audio (Xbox One) How would I fix this?

I thought the solution I tried earlier worked, unfortunately it was only temporary. Due to the Energy Saving thing where the controller turns off after a short period of time not being used, the problem came back. The original solution I used was slowly
    plugging the headset in, so I tried that again, insead it kept with not letting me use the chat mixer. So now, I am stuck with no audio playing through my headset and the occasional static when the cord is shifted. If there is a more permanent solution to
    this issue, I would like to know what it is (preferably not requiring buying more stuff). I have tried updating the controller. There is no warranty on the controller. I don't believe I can request a replacement (and it is unlikely that it would help anything
    as this issue is very common from what I have found). How can I fix this issue?

:)

PrinceSousuke, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Frathos Win User

headsets not working after last update Xbox one

Are you plugging your headset into your controller? If so then have you checked the console Chat Mixer settings to see if it has been set to 100% Game Audio? The newer Dashboard has the Chat Mixer at the bottom of the Xbox nexus Home tab (bottom right speaker
    icon). If you see the Headset Chat Mixer slider is all the way to one side (eg Game) then move it towards the other side. Normally it would be at 50/50 mark.

If you have an older Dashboard then you'll have to look for the tab that includes the Chat or Audio setting (sorry, I don't recall whether everyone has been updated to the newer Dashboard style yet) and check/change the adjustments there.

If you have a wireless headset (eg Astro A50 series) then the Chat Mixer setting is adjusted on the headset itself. I'm guessing you don't have this type headset though as the Chat Mixer setting usually resets back to the middle (50% Game, 50% Chat) every
    time the console is restarted. Note that when an Astro A50 series is connected, the console Chat Mixer settings are grayed out since you have to make the adjustments on the headset itself.

Good luck!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Game Audio not working

Hi
    Sp4ceNutella

The chat mixer that you are looking at in the volume settings is not quite what Brad was referring to. If your Plantronics headset plugs via 3.5 mm audio, then your volume settings are controller easily from an audio option located beneath the settings option
    when the Xbox guide is opened.

Press the Xbox button and when the guide pulls up, scroll to the right to the last tab and select Audio underneath Settings. Then the middle slider is listed as "Headset chat mixer" which controls the game and chat audio percentage. Make sure the slider
    is centered for an even distribution.

If your headset has a headset adapter designed for the Xbox One controller, then that same mixer would be located on the adapter.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox headset

Hi zulubravo82,

What headset do you have? One of the Xbox Ambassadors asked if you had either a stereo headset or a chat headset?

In order to have the stereo sound the TV would output, you need a stereo headset that has two earpieces. A chat headset is only for chat and does not output the stereo audio, these usually just have one earpiece.

If you indeed have a stereo headset that plugs directly into the 3.5mm audio port on the controller, then your headset chat mixer may be set to 100% chat audio only. Open the Xbox menu and scroll to the far right under the System tab. Under Settings you
    should see an Audio option. Select it and the middle slider is the headset chat mixer which should be in the middle for 50/50 game and chat audio.
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox Live - Grupo / chat de voz [Edit - translation] - Xbox Live - Group / voice chat

Hello Irmeson,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I believe the function that you are bringing up is already on the Xbox One.

1. With your headset plugged in, Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Scroll all the way to the right until you are on Settings
    3. Select Audio
    4. Headset Chat mixer

The chat mixer will allow you to adjust How loud chat is in correlation to in game audio.

Hope this helps!
  6. Sp4ceNutella Win User

Game Audio not working

Hi

The chat mixer that you are looking at in the volume settings is not quite what Brad was referring to. If your Plantronics headset plugs via 3.5 mm audio, then your volume settings are controller easily from an audio option located beneath the settings option
    when the Xbox guide is opened.

Press the Xbox button and when the guide pulls up, scroll to the right to the last tab and select Audio underneath Settings. Then the middle slider is listed as "Headset chat mixer" which controls the game and chat audio percentage. Make sure the slider
    is centered for an even distribution.

If your headset has a headset adapter designed for the Xbox One controller, then that same mixer would be located on the adapter.
    Hey!

Good news everyone, thanks for helping, I fixed the problem. I had to update the firmware of the controller because I hadn't updated its last firmware and something glitched I guess.

Thanks,

Thema:

Chat mixer grayed out when headset plugged in and no audio (Xbox One) How would I fix this?

1. Chat mixer grayed out when headset plugged in and no audio (Xbox One) How would I fix this? - Similar Threads - Chat mixer grayed

2. Why is my chat mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my chat mixer grayed out?: My Audio chat mixer is grayed out. I just started to have this problem and tried everything but nothing happens. How do I fix this. By the way I have a wireless controller if that makes a...
  3. Head chat mixer grayed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Head chat mixer grayed out: Ive been trying to volume my head set but everytime i try to it doesnt work after every time i searched it up but nothing help i kept reseting my xbox and trying to update the controller but...
  4. Why is my chat mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my chat mixer grayed out?: I'm using an arctis 9x and my chat mixer is grayed out, yet it seems to change from 0% to 5% on it's own multiple times a second. Makes hearing others a pain, why?...
  5. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  6. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  7. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  8. My chat mixer is grayed out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My chat mixer is grayed out.: I've been having a problem where if I plug in my headset it won't fully connect, and it used to be unplug replug but recently it takes 10-40 minutes just to get it to fully connect. It works fine...
  9. Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.: my chat mixer is grayed out and I do not know what to do now, I have tried to unplug and replug my headphones and that did not work, I have updated my controller but that did not work, and have...
  10. Headset chat mixer is grayed out and can't use it

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer is grayed out and can't use it: Tried to restart everything and doesn't work can't hear any game audio but I can hear people in party's and discord just can't hear anything else was working yesterday and it's not broken turned...