Chat/Message option has disappeared from online account

Discus and support Chat/Message option has disappeared from online account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I need some help. Due to limitations, I watch my nephew's game broadcast on the XBox and message/chat from my laptop. I can't use the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by AuntieCR, Aug 30, 2020.

1. AuntieCR
    AuntieCR Guest

Hello. I need some help. Due to limitations, I watch my nephew's game broadcast on the XBox and message/chat from my laptop. I can't use the controller very long which is why I message him from my laptop.

Since I started using Xbox, I have been able to use this format. The chat/message option has disappeared from my online account that I access on my laptop. It shows up in the console access, meaning I can message with the controller, but no longer shows
    up online. I tried changing all of my settings to allow full permission and no luck.

Does anyone know how I can get the option back to send messages from my PC instead of the console? Thank you for any help you can provide!

:)

AuntieCR, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Rostom L Win User

Can anyone help me? I requested a refund and then they sent the refund to a different card than the one I paid with.

There has to be an option to Chat online with their customer support. It's a separate option aside from posting to forum. The chat online has an estimated wait time being displayed.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

odst code

Hey there ThreeNineSoulja,

Sorry to hear that the message has disappeared from your inbox, how long ago had the code been sent out to you? Unfortunately once a message disappears you would not be able to retrieve it. These codes are sent out automatically and we do not have the ability
    to send out these codes.

You can always check your messages online to see if maybe it is saved there. Just follow the link below and sign into your account.

I hope this helps.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Alternate ways to pay for Xbox Live.

silver and gold was from the 360 days.

silver account was free, and basically offline play

gold was online play with cloud storage, chat and messaging

then it has been adapted over time.

shop around as you can still get 12 month codes online for live cheap.
  5. AridLizard Win User

you could request a Call Back from support or chat with Support online

go to
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

to get a phone call

Select Billing & accounts in the category area

Select See other options

Select How to protect my account

Select Show contact options

Select Request a call from Support

or

to use the online chat

Select Billing & accounts in the category area

Select See other options

Select Recover my account

Select Show contact options

Select Chat with Xbox Support

hope this helps
  6. AridLizard Win User

Very serious issue

the best options to select for getting a call back from Support are

select Family and Online Safety as the category

select I Want to Protect My Account as the topic

skip the notification

scroll to the bottom of the contact options and select Request a Call

if that is unavailable select Chat Online and you will get to chat with a member of Support
Thema:

1. Chat/Message option has disappeared from online account - Similar Threads - Chat Message option

2. Xbox chats arent working and i got into privacy settings manage message saftey and says...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox chats arent working and i got into privacy settings manage message saftey and says...: This morning it was working fine around 11 am est xbox chats stopped working but everything else is fine i cant send or recieve messages and i go to my message privacy saftey settings and says...
  3. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  4. Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you recover deleted chats if the other person still has the messages on Xbox?: If me and my friend texted through Xbox and I deleted the chat but they still have it can I recover it? 28272ae1-fd49-4801-98ec-ef0bb6ae4745
  5. Group chat not allowing users to send messages inside of group chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group chat not allowing users to send messages inside of group chat.: I have a server I’m running with multiple people, to stay in touch with everyone and allow them to talk to each other easily I have a group message set up through Xbox messages. Everything was...
  6. Problem with Xbox Messaging/Chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Problem with Xbox Messaging/Chat: Hello! It would be great if someone could help me out with this- I’m having an issue with Xbox Chat, I use the mobile app to talk, and now it’s not letting me send messages or receive messages at...
  7. I accidentally reported my message, and now I’m suspended from chats.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally reported my message, and now I’m suspended from chats.: This person took it upon themselves to be toxic anfter I beat them in a game and they messaged me threatening to dox my information. After replying to them with saying “you’re going to dox me over...
  8. Problems with chat messages on Xbos Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with chat messages on Xbos Series X: Hello the following problem.I am in the Insider Program and since the last software I can no longer access all chat messages on the Series X. Are there any problems or is it due to something else?...
  9. Xbox Series X not receiving system chat messages

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X not receiving system chat messages: Xbox series X, cannot (will not) receive new system chat messages. I can send new messages but they still will not appear in the chat area on Xbox or app. Friends can send messages and it says...
  10. Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Deleted Xbox chat keeps coming back and breaking the messaging functionality: On July 4th I sent a message to an American friend wishing her a happy Independence Day. She replied back with a message saying thanks. Since then, we have sent multiple messages back and forth in...