Chat lag XBOX X users

Discus and support Chat lag XBOX X users in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, whenever I open up a voice chat with my friends I notice a slight digital voice lag. The only time this happens is when friends connect with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mauricehenket, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Chat lag XBOX X users

Hello,

whenever I open up a voice chat with my friends I notice a slight digital voice lag.

The only time this happens is when friends connect with a XBOX ONE X specifically, regular XBOX's do not show these issues.

I also own a XBOX ONE X, however the other users can not hear the same digital voice lag I can hear.

My XBOX, ROUTER and NAT-TYPE have been (hard-) reset and set to the proper settings (open).

This has only occured since 9th of October 2018 evening dutch time (CEST).

Is this a known issue? If so is there a workaround available.

Kind regards.

:)

Mauricehenket, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
  3. Network issues on one x

i got my one x the day they came out. About a month ago I started having issues with signing into my profile as well as serious lag and chat stability. It’s only on my one x though. My one s works just fine. The problem manifests itself by giving a generic
    error about being unable to sign in. Having the Xbox do a full reboot fixes the issues. The problem also manifests itself in bad game lag and voice chat issues. Here’s my setup and troubleshooting so far.

Xbox one x about 30 feet from the router. Wireless connection. Running hardware is not feasible. Nothing between Xbox and router to cause potential interference. Tried formatting the system to start fresh. Problem persisted. Internet is 40 down 9 up. Symptoms
    are inability to log in without restarting, horrible lag in online game sessions, and inability of part members to understand me when talking because of how much voice chat breaks up.

These problems are not on my one s which is upstairs and about 60 feet away also wirelessly connected.

What other troubleshooting can I do or do I need to reach out to support.

RyanHenry_7902, Oct 11, 2018
  4. XBF Ezra G
    XBF Ezra G Guest

Chat lag XBOX X users

Hi Mauricehenket!

Thank you for posting, if there is a noticeable lag when speaking over party chat, try following these steps:

1. Power off the console by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds
    2. After the console is off, unplug your router/modem/gateway for 30 seconds
    3. Plug the network device back in after 30 seconds
    4. Allow your router/modem/gateway to power on and connect to the internet (all lights on)
    5. Power on your Xbox One console
    6. Attempt to use party chat

If the issue persist check out this wizard for more troubleshooting steps:
    "I need help with my Xbox One network connection"

I hope this information helps, thanks again!

XBF Ezra G, Oct 12, 2018
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Chat lag XBOX X users

Hi Mauricehenket!

Thank you for posting, if there is a noticeable lag when speaking over party chat, try following these steps:

1. Power off the console by holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds
    2. After the console is off, unplug your router/modem/gateway for 30 seconds
    3. Plug the network device back in after 30 seconds
    4. Allow your router/modem/gateway to power on and connect to the internet (all lights on)
    5. Power on your Xbox One console
    6. Attempt to use party chat

If the issue persist check out this wizard for more troubleshooting steps:
    "I need help with my Xbox One network connection"

I hope this information helps, thanks again!
  6. bowski477 Win User

Lag Comp: Better or worse than MW3?

[quote user="x ConFu5ed x"]

You lot blame far too much on lag compensation..............

[/quote]

^This

I've had almost no problem with lag comp in this game.
  7. BallzyGunz Win User

[quote user="bowski477"]

[/quote]

^This

[/quote]

And thats the problem. Get a better connection and you will.
  8. Cathproudlock Win User

[quote user="BallzyGunz"]

[quote user="bowski477"]

[/quote]

^This

[/quote]

[/quote]

[​IMG]

i have no lag issues
  9. bowski477 Win User

[quote user="BallzyGunz"]

[quote user=""]

[/quote]

^This

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have a great connection and still have no problems. I'm not saying it's not an issue because I had major issues with MW3.
Thema:

Chat lag XBOX X users

1. Chat lag XBOX X users - Similar Threads - Chat lag users

2. On PC Xbox Party Chat give me noticeable and bad input lag when playing Halo infinite

in XBoX on Consoles
    On PC Xbox Party Chat give me noticeable and bad input lag when playing Halo infinite: I have shut off background stuff... nothing works. I will play and everything feels crisp but the moment I get into an xbox party everything is sluggish. It's forced me to basically tell my...
  3. Xbox Series X - Warzone and Group Xbox Chat Lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Warzone and Group Xbox Chat Lag: Hello, 2 months ago I started experiencing huge lags and shatterings on Warzone from my Xbox Series X and I am now unable to play. I thought it was the usual lag of the game, but I am still...
  4. Party chat and minecraft lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat and minecraft lag: So I’ve been playing on my Xbox series s for about a year now and in the last 2 months I have gotten very bad lag only when I play minecraft. It makes it very hard to play with friends as I...
  5. Party Chat in XBox PC App causing Mouse Lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party Chat in XBox PC App causing Mouse Lag: On my computer everything works fine all the way until I join a party in my xbox app, then my mouse lags really badly. If I leave the party my mouse works again, anything I need to look into to...
  6. chat lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    chat lag: The on screen box where you type lags like crazy when I try to enter text with the xbox controller in the game call of duty modern warfare. I'm using an old xbox one system. The firmware on the...
  7. Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One: Hello, I purchased a new XBOX One just to play Left 4 Dead 2 a few months back. I use the backwards compatible physical disk version of the game. There is always an extreme amount of lag in...
  8. Mixer Stream Issues (Chat Lag and Idol Mode coming up)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mixer Stream Issues (Chat Lag and Idol Mode coming up): To start off I am part of the Xbox Insider Program and have been experiencing issues with Mixer for the past few days. The issues that I am experiencing range from Lag Chat from my viewers who...
  9. Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Party Chat issues and Streaming lag on LAN: Hi, So I got two problems really 1). I get streaming lag on a LAN connected network, no WiFi or Powerlans just straight Cat6 into the router from a PC and Xbox 2). I constantly get the stupid...
  10. Atrocious lag over Advanced Warfare as well as party chat and other games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atrocious lag over Advanced Warfare as well as party chat and other games: After about two weeks ago, I started to experience extreme lag on Advanced Warfare, most noticeably, as well as party chat voices cutting in and out, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Destiny the same. I'm...