Charter Communications: Ping Spikes

Discus and support Charter Communications: Ping Spikes in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Charter Communications (ISPs): Ping Spikes Seeing that you're in the Xbox Insider program as well. Make sure to report the problem threw the console... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by War and Leisure, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Charter Communications: Ping Spikes

Charter Communications (ISPs): Ping Spikes
    Seeing that you're in the Xbox Insider program as well. Make sure to
    report the problem
    threw the console after you experience the issues. That way if the problem is related to the current OS build you're running, the team can take a look at the possible issue.

:)

War and Leisure, Nov 3, 2018
  2. Ping spiking

Well that just doesnt make any sense. The game shouldnt cause that.

a tired old guy, Nov 3, 2018
  3. MiKiTy MaC
    MiKiTy MaC Guest
    Ping spiking

old guy....im doing the test after i have stopped searching and gone to the xbox home board.

MiKiTy MaC, Nov 3, 2018
  4. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest

OK Fowl, Nov 3, 2018
  5. Geth
    Geth Guest
    All multiplayer games or just one specifically?

Geth, Nov 3, 2018
  6. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest
    Hi War and Leisure!

Thanks for reaching out! Based on what information you've given us so far, I'd recommend what OK Fowl did, which is our

slow performance solution
    for situations like this, or use a straight up Ethernet connection instead of wireless. If you try all the options in that wizard and are still experiencing ping spikes, you may wish to
    contact Xbox Support directly to chat with a virtual agent in real time or request a call back via phone.

Hope this helps out!

XBF Amber M, Nov 4, 2018
  7. CIDkidzPILLZ
    CIDkidzPILLZ Guest
    Seeing that you're in the Xbox Insider program as well. Make sure to
    report the problem
    threw the console after you experience the issues. That way if the problem is related to the current OS build you're running, the team can take a look at the possible issue.

CIDkidzPILLZ, Nov 5, 2018
  8. OK Fowl Win User

Ping Spikes

This page has some useful steps to help with slow network performance:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/slow-performance-solution
  9. yanos101 Win User

Ping spiking

@mikity: try searching for games with the DLC disabled(press select when you loaded up mp). also what is your upload and download speed?

you should find games between 75-100ms, if you don't then i would call my isp and have a line check up.
  10. a tired old guy Win User

Ping spiking

You realize doing a speed test while you are playing would be almost like running one while downloading a movie or something. Your game is eating up the bandwidth. Other games dont each so much.

Lag comp has absolutely nothing to do with your actual connection to the internet.

Best suggestion .... watch the search ping. Whenit hits 100, back out and search again.
  11. x Erratic o Win User

Ping spiking

Same thing here OP with the exception that my ping normally sits around 50.
  12. a tired old guy Win User

Ping spiking

I've never seen a ping search go over 150 ............... once it hits that it starts over again not listing the ping.
Thema:

1. Charter Communications: Ping Spikes - Similar Threads - Charter Communications Ping

2. How do I access the 25-charter code for the gift card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I access the 25-charter code for the gift card?: I just used my reward points to buy a $10 Microsoft gift card. When I tried to use it asked for a 25-charter code I rechecked the email but I couldn't fid the code. I contacted support but its...
  3. 25 charter to play a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    25 charter to play a game: Is there a 25 charter code that I can use to play a 360 game on my Xbox one? 522d6002-9d5c-469d-a2f6-727d9b8eabb6
  4. Charter Communications: I can't see any WiFi networks on my Xbox One.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Charter Communications: I can't see any WiFi networks on my Xbox One.: Charter Communications (ISPs): I can't see any WiFi networks on my Xbox One. Thank you so much. That helped out perfectly. I was restarting it with my controller and it wasn’t working....
  5. Charter Communications: Xbox One cannot connect to the internet...yet everything else can. Any ...

Charter Communications: Xbox One cannot connect to the internet...yet everything else can. Any ...: Charter Communications (ISPs): Xbox One cannot connect to the internet...yet everything else can. Any ideas? Try a hard reset of the xbox hold the home button for 8 seconds till it completely...
  6. Charter Communications: Xbox service

Charter Communications: Xbox service: Charter Communications (ISPs): Xbox service All xbox core services are up and running now 89ad1218-2043-41a4-b575-f6783b13337e
  7. Charter Communications: Sagemcom F@st5260 Router

Charter Communications: Sagemcom F@st5260 Router: Charter Communications (ISPs): Sagemcom F@st5260 Router I have spectrum and was wondering how can I properly set up my router so my connection is solid and fast. I have a Xbox One S and it is...
  8. Charter Communications: banishment

Charter Communications: banishment: Charter Communications (ISPs): banishment Hello, after a fight with a player, I got banned instantaneously. Since I play often and long.I would like to be able to discuss with my friends in...
  9. Wrong channel line up for Charter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong channel line up for Charter: I'm getting an entirely wrong channel line up for 91360 Charter. It's been weeks now. I've tried everything from clearing all tv information to changing services a few times now and nothing...
  10. Charter cable and xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charter cable and xbox: on my Xbox one I have a hdmi to my cable box which is charter I go into my Xbox one guide and it works like a charm except the border around it is huge also is there any way without using it cable...