Charges made by my account but seems to be hacked

Discus and support Charges made by my account but seems to be hacked in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Someone seemed to hack my account and went to the family section. They then added themselves as a family member and transferred money to their own... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Vincent B22, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Vincent B22
    Vincent B22 Guest

Someone seemed to hack my account and went to the family section. They then added themselves as a family member and transferred money to their own account using my cash app account card that was on file. After they completed transaction they then removed themselves and myself from my family group. How can I stop this charge from Happening.

:)

Vincent B22, Dec 14, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Vincent B, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I understand the problem, and I am very sorry that this has happened. If you have already recovered access to your account, check the transaction history and see if the debit of money that has been stolen from you appears there. To do so, you must enter the following link.

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

In case the money that has been stolen from you appears there, it is possible that you can request a refund (Although you mention that the money was transferred from one account to another, I think that this way is not possible). Anyway, we can try, you can access the refund form here:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

Regarding what you mention how to prevent this from happening again, personally, I would recommend activating two-step verification (MFA) on your account to provide a little more protection and prevent someone from stealing your account again.

https://support.microsoft.com/accou...-account-c7910146-672f-01e9-50a0-93b4585e7eb4

I hope this information has been useful to you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND CHARGES WERE MADE

Hi Glenn! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft account being compromised.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers here in the community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

From the official Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245 Kindly try to follow the instructions in the interactive tool in order to recover your account.

If the steps above didn't work, you will need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case.

According to Microsoft Agent | Moderator, XBF Brad A and Xbox Ambassador, CosmicCraze:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Here's how to contact Xbox Support:

"Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time."

As for the unauthorized charges, you may contact your bank to request to cancel/stop all the charges from your payment method.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Kiesey Win User

Account got hacked :(

So when this kind of thing happens they recover the account and do an investigation into how the user got the account and also charges that were made while the account was hacked so the charges can be refunded. It takes a little bit of time but they will
    get back to you when the investigation is complete.
  5. A Strange Me Win User

Xbox Ambassador Program

after reading this thread, while it is the responsibility of the account holder to be in charge of his account its not possible all the time, a while ago i had an account hacked and such made a new one and that wasnt even my fault, but you are lucky you
    didnt get a console ban
  6. ednperkins Win User

My Account was hacked/stolen and fraud charges were made.

It did not restrict the change for 30 days that I know for an absolute fact. I caught this the day it happened and was already locked out of my account. The very next day it said my account no longer existed. So I'm sorry to you but your information is wrong. You can choose to believe me or not but I know what I have in my emails. I constantly overlook my email but at work I cant be on top of everything as fast. I soon as I noticed which again was still the same day I tried to get my account back. This is what I am talking about. If the 30 day thing was actually in effect I bet I would have my account back just fine. I have proof if you would like me to show you I still have my email account that was attached to my Microsoft account. I did try to contest it as well but like I said my main email was removed immediately and had the new email of ******@gmail.com to recover my account. Its really sad that one of the biggest tech companies in the world own "30 day restriction" doesn't even work but AOL an old and rarely used anymore emails protections worked better.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Thema:

1. Charges made by my account but seems to be hacked - Similar Threads - Charges made account

2. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Xbox charging dock (component pack)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox charging dock (component pack): I got my xbox elite series 2 controller a while ago and wonder if the charging dock in the component pack is some sort of additional battery ? or just a useless dock since the controller can stand...
  5. I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been...: I have an unknown charge from microsoft “MICROSOFT*XBOX GAME425-6816830 WA” i haven't been on my xbox in months. What do I do to get this money back. c652a905-c898-4c71-aba3-d24809f4de0c
  6. xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox design lab no order history but there is a credit card charge: I made an order of xbox design lab product this morning. When I placed the payment, I receive the credit card charged information, but I didn't receive the e-mail of the confirmation of my...
  7. V-Bucks Charged Twice

in XBoX on Windows
    V-Bucks Charged Twice: We've purchased a few V-bucks for my son from retail stores and he also has received a few from friends as a gift but when we try to redeem them and purchase an item by using the V-bucks in...
  8. I would like to know how to bar unauthorized charges made to my credit card for xbox games...

in XBoX on Windows
    I would like to know how to bar unauthorized charges made to my credit card for xbox games...: Listen I am reporting fraud on the xbox account. I keep getting unauthorized charges on my credit card and I want them to stop, I also dont want the ultimate game pass subscribed as each time I...
  9. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  10. I have an unauthorized charge that was made by a minor in the amount of $44.99 I would like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an unauthorized charge that was made by a minor in the amount of $44.99 I would like...: There was a charge in the amount of $44.99 on Dec 3 I can't locate in my purchase history to get refunded due to it being done in a game by my son who accepted an upgrade while playing that...