Character speech dialogue on headphones is very quiet

Discus and support Character speech dialogue on headphones is very quiet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, hoping someone can help. I’ve not long purchased a JBL headset for my Xbox series x. Works all ok except for character voices. The character... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Peter Maguire1, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Character speech dialogue on headphones is very quiet

Hi All, hoping someone can help. I’ve not long purchased a JBL headset for my Xbox series x. Works all ok except for character voices. The character voices are so quiet yet the rest of the game sounds are at normal level. I’ve tried adjusting the volume in settings, the volume under accessories, I’ve changed both the hdmi and headphones to stereo, I’ve played around with the headset volumes and nothing is working. I’ve done the advanced options under general sound settings and still nothing helps. This happens on multiple different games and after a lot of searching on the web all recommended settings are not doing anything. Can someone please help it’s making my headphones unusable. TIA

:)

Peter Maguire1, Dec 28, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Peter M, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are having with the audio of the headphones on your Xbox, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on Xbox support and they suggested doing the following steps to solve the audio problem and I thought it was good information , which you should take into account:

If your headphones are connected, but you're having audio issues (such as distorted audio, low volume, or the inability to hear or hear your friends in chat), try the following:

Double check that the microphone is not muted

Check the volume level of your headphones (be sure to check the volume dial on the right earbud, as well as the volume level set in the audio and music controls located at the bottom of the guide)

Check that chat friends are not muted

Check that the microphone monitoring level is not set too high

You can manually adjust your headset's audio settings using the Xbox console guide:

Press the Xbox  button to open the guide.

Select the Audio & Music icon at the bottom of the guide.

You can adjust the following headphone settings on the Audio & Music screen:

Headphone volume: This can also be adjusted by turning the dial on the outside of the right earcup.

Headset Chat Mixer: This is the relative volume between game audio and chat audio. Move the slider to shift the balance in favor of game audio (left side) or chat audio (right side). Moving the slider left or right will effectively mute in-game chat or audio.

Microphone monitoring: This allows you to control the volume you hear of your own voice through the headphones. Move the slider to the left to reduce the volume you hear from your voice; Move it to the right to hear your own voice more clearly. Moving the slider all the way to the left removes the microphone input entirely from the headphone audio.

Note: If your headset is connected to the port of an Xbox One stereo headset adapter that is itself connected to the controller, use the controls on the adapter to adjust the headset settings. (The Audio and music controls located at the bottom of the guide will be disabled.)

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...tereo-headset#:~:text=Presiona el botón Xbox% 20%EE%8F%A3,the%20outer%20of the%20earphone%20right.

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Shigurui Win User

On demand games for under £10

@ BootstrapGolem, Dark Souls is exactly like Demons. Very little dialogue and lots of quiet. Install size is 4GB.
  4. Skanker irl Win User

Your funiest character in games

There are some great characters in Guacamelee. Very funny dialogue and nice pop culture references.
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

Quiet dialogue and Gun sounds

Does this also happens when you set your sound settings for the hdmi audio output to "stereo uncompressed"?

Please check also the ingame sounds settings on that.
  6. ShadowKiler Win User

Quiet dialogue and Gun sounds

I am not using headphones. And I have done all of that and I even tried different HDMI cables. It is especially bad in Wolfenstein. I have to turn the sound way up to hear the voices then an explosion or something happens and its insanely loud. It might
    just be Wolfenstein though and not my console. My 360 works fine but I have that connected through AV cables becuase I use my turtlebeach headset for it. Maybe its just Wolfenstein? I've heard its had sound problems but with 5.1 and stuff. I'm just using normal
    tv speakers.
Thema:

1. Character speech dialogue on headphones is very quiet - Similar Threads - Character speech dialogue

2. Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elder Scrolls online Stuck on character select screen infinite load time but works for a...: Hello my name is Antonio I have been playing Eso for years and for the past week It has not been letting me load up my main just gets stuck on character select screen i’ve tried reinstalling the...
  3. In my xbox 9. Gen controller, When moving the character forward (i.e. up) with the left...

in XBoX on Consoles
    In my xbox 9. Gen controller, When moving the character forward (i.e. up) with the left...: In fact, sometimes it doesn't move at all, and it gets fixed when you shake the analog slightly. This does not happen all the time, but in some games it happens very often and does not play. I...
  4. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  5. Xp. 32 character filler yada yada

in XboX Insiders
    Xp. 32 character filler yada yada: Just what does it do? submitted by /u/Enderrbean [link] [comments]
  6. My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My on screen keyboard is giving too many options for each individual letter and character...: The on screen keyboard is giving too many options which is very annoying and affecting game play. How do I change this 77a41866-ac3a-460f-bb48-55d8543171e5
  7. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  8. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  9. Xbox game 25 character code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game 25 character code: I wanted to log in my 25 character code for xbox game, i logged in both my lapton and phone,then the code was rejected. How do i get a new code or be able to save the game in xbox console...
  10. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...